2016 roadmap

View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/30/2016 15:22
  • Post subject: 2016 roadmap
2015 was BEA's tenth anniversary year and saw traffic again increasing 7% year on year and 33% of traffic on BEA is now from mobile or tablet devices (compared to 30% a year ago). I think this figure would be a lot higher if BEA had a mobile optimised site and this remains a key driver for redesigning the site.

The average number of active users increased by 21% during 2015 (and on the forums reduced by 7%). The site now contains 27% more albums than at the end of last year (83,609 albums compared to 66,042 at the end of 2014), so the site is still growing although I recognise the need to make the forums more appealing for everybody as this is the one area where the site metrics have started to go the wrong way.

From a development perspective, I had big intentions in 2015 to update the site design and implement genre tagging. Unfortunately, due to personal circumstances I was unable to get enough spare time to do this. That doesn't mean that it won't still be done, it's just pushed the schedule back a bit. I especially recognise the need for BEA to be designed for mobile devices and the need for a fresh look and feel and I'm still really wanting to make the site the best that it can be for everybody that visits here.

The number of outstanding (uncompleted) features on the 'to do' list is about 550 (2014: 350 items), so the 'to do' list is still growing and this is mainly because I was unable to work as much on the site last year and wasn't able to implement the usual number of changes to keep the numbers in check.

The main goals for BEA remain the site redesign and the implementation of tagging/genre system and I'm going to deliver this for everybody as soon as I can.

2016 should be a good year for the site. Thank you to everybody for your continued support.

albummaster

Last edited by albummaster on 01/09/2017 12:31; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 02/01/2016 08:23
  • Post subject:
Thanks for all the continued work AM! Always grateful

Just one questions, how do you measure forum activity/which users on the forums are considered "active"? Because I know we had quite a few users who deleted their accounts only to return to their regular level of activity a few days later, so idk if/how that might skew those statistics
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/01/2016 09:47
  • Post subject:
For the purpose of these stats, I count the number of users that post on the forums at least once during a given time period so if somebody deletes their account and then posts again using a different account they might be counted twice (not sure it will skew the stats a great deal as the situation is relatively rare).
  • Visit poster's website