Best Ever Movies (2015 Edition)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
PanduArya

Indonesia

• Posted: 02/28/2016 10:14
  • Post subject: Best Ever Movies (2015 Edition)
So I think it's been long enough from our last edition of Best Ever Movies poll, and it's time to start a new edition for this. Since there are new posters and opinions might have been changed.

To do, I copy the rules from the last edition:

1. Every BEA user can submit (via PM) their list. It can range anywhere from 1 film to 250. It can be your favorite films, or what you consider to be the greatest of all time, or a mix of both. Whatever. Just put movies on it. Which brings us to the next rule.

2. What films are eligible for entry? Essentially, if it would be able to garner an Academy Award nomination, it's eligible. That means feature length films, short films, documentaries, anything of the sort. NOT ELIGIBLE are TV movies or mini-series (for instance, the Dekalog would not be allowed, but the individual "Short Film About Love/Killing" films would be). In the case of something that began as a TV film but then later received theatrical release, let IMDb be your guide (Steven Spielberg's "Duel"? Ineligible)

The only seeming exception would be concert videos. If IMDb lists them as documentary (such as The Last Waltz or Stop Making Sense) then they're eligible under the 'Documentary' umbrella.

3. Time frame. You can begin submitting your lists now if you like. We'll keep the time frame open until, say, end of March, unless the entries almost completely cease in a few weeks. If you're assembling a list but haven't gotten it ready, just let me know and we can work on stretching the time frame.

4. Scoring! Much like our BEA album charts, if yoy send a list of 100, your top ranked film will receive 100 points. Your second place film will receive 99 points, and so on, all the way down to your 100th film receiving 1 point. While it may seem pointless getting down that low, bear in mind two editions ago that Dr. Strangelove nudged Blade Runner out of the top ten by a measly three points. So your votes matter!

Enjoy!
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 02/28/2016 12:49
  • Post subject: Re: Best Ever Movies (2015 Edition)
PanduArya wrote:
So I think it's been long enough from our last edition of Best Ever Movies poll

Has it?
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/28/2016 16:16
  • Post subject:
At first I thought this was the 'best of 2015', and I was kinda mad cause I said I had planned to do that in about a week Sad

But then I realized it wasn't. It's an overall thing.

And that it's 2016 Confused

And I'm going to agree with Norman that it's too early for this Sad
  • Visit poster's website
PanduArya

Indonesia

• Posted: 02/28/2016 20:49
  • Post subject:
lolok
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 02/29/2016 21:58
  • Post subject:
Yeah man I appreciate your enthusiasm. I really do and you bet I'll be on this heavy when the time is right. BUT I think we should finish the 70s, do the 60s one, do the 2015 films one, then maybe a pre-1945 or pre-war ranking? Or a silent films one? Maybe a 45-59 or jut 50s one? I don't know. And THEN in some months do a new overall - now that the forums will have MUCH more recommendations and time to absorb a million recommendations through all of history. Kind of hard to digest, but maybe wait until '17?

Idk, I LOVE these threads and I love discovering shit and making lists on a more specific basis. I think we should continue all that fun for now.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 03/01/2016 00:03
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
Yeah man I appreciate your enthusiasm. I really do and you bet I'll be on this heavy when the time is right. BUT I think we should finish the 70s, do the 60s one, do the 2015 films one, then maybe a pre-1945 or pre-war ranking? Or a silent films one? Maybe a 45-59 or jut 50s one? I don't know. And THEN in some months do a new overall - now that the forums will have MUCH more recommendations and time to absorb a million recommendations through all of history. Kind of hard to digest, but maybe wait until '17?

I would sort of love to do a "worst movies" poll, tbh, though that might get more heated.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 03/01/2016 00:11
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
I would sort of love to do a "worst movies" poll, tbh, though that might get more heated.

I'm not worried about the civility behind the idea more just... what's the point?
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 03/01/2016 02:44
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
I'm not worried about the civility behind the idea more just... what's the point?

Hey Tom, what's up?
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/01/2016 03:53
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:

Laughing

Well, I do know a few users on here do have 'worst ever films' lists. I'm not sure what would top mine... probably Moulin Rouge or I Heart Huckabees. Mind you, Ned Rifle from last year was really terrible.
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 03/01/2016 04:20
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Laughing

Well, I do know a few users on here do have 'worst ever films' lists. I'm not sure what would top mine... probably Moulin Rouge or I Heart Huckabees.

You givin me da sads Hayden Crying or Very sad

(Really, if you like Joy or American Hustle more than I Heart Huckabees, then.... Crying or Very sad The latter is just so...pure and honest, and disliking it almost sounds like kicking puppies to me. It's a really common movie to dislike, though, so I hold no judgment against you)
  • Visit poster's website