Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 07/24/2016 02:03
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
You know it's pretty bad forum etiquette to sling mud at a poster who put a lot of energy into a concept to revitalize the forums and then post a link to your own repeat of it. I admit I've been absent for most of June and July, but the interest did kind of teeter out once summer rolled around beyond a few users (thanks for the interest guys). If we get more than one or two people interested I could get us on rotation again, but I don't appreciate the sentiment by forum staff trying to discredit me in my own thread.

You've been on site. You could have said something.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 07/24/2016 02:10
  • Post subject:
Quote:
If we get more than one or two people interested I could get us on rotation again

One or two people following when this thread when it was at its most active does not, in my opinion, validate interest. It would’ve chugged along just the same and the same amount of people would’ve posted comments. Also, I was “barely” on the site due to my fucking seasonal depression so I suggest you drop that comment entirely. I do not appreciate being attacked nor condescended by administration staff.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 07/24/2016 02:28
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Quote:
If we get more than one or two people interested I could get us on rotation again

One or two people following when this thread when it was at its most active does not, in my opinion, validate interest. It would’ve chugged along just the same and the same amount of people would’ve posted comments. Also, I was “barely” on the site due to my fucking seasonal depression so I suggest you drop that comment entirely. I do not appreciate being attacked nor condescended by administration staff.

Dude. I'm a user on the site just like you are. I'm not a paid employee...the main difference between us is that I ban KidA when he shows up every couple of months or so. I was trying to participate in a project that you started, and I'm just trying to see if anyone is interested in getting it rolling again. I'm sorry you have depression. You are not alone with that, by any means. I'm sorry you're taking me bringing this up so hard. I'll drop it if you want. I'll unsticky the thread, and if you ever want to start a new one, I'll be happy to sticky it back up for you. And I'm sorry if I have offended you. I meant to see if we could maybe get you back on board with your own project. I wasn't trying to hijack your thing...I was trying to see if we could resurrect it. You saw it as people uninterested...WHAT AM I? I was interested. Others were as well. Your choice. You chose to ignore it and let it fade. Don't be offended because I was trying to raise your idea from dying. If I did it in the wrong way...I'm sorry for that as well.

EDIT: The link I posted was for my playlist.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 07/24/2016 02:41
  • Post subject:
Quote:
Dude. I'm a user on the site just like you are.

Yes, I never said you weren’t a member of the site— but with the responsibilities of moderation & administrative staff, faculty are expected to act to a certain standard. At least that was the impression I have always gotten throughout my experiences on forum culture; but if you see it differently then I don’t know. All I know is what I saw when I logged on today as I’m starting to get out of the seasonal depression anxieties to see what looks to be hijacking and insulting upon me. If that was not your intent, fine, but you should have more awareness than what was said.

Quote:
I'll drop it if you want.

Dropping the frame of conversation and confrontation would probably be beneficial for both parties.

Quote:
I'll unsticky the thread, and if you ever want to start a new one, I'll be happy to sticky it back up for you.

I think the thread is fine if we can actually achieve some sort of feasible activity outside of two new members and yourself. ‘less I start the rotation entirely anew and people who have went want to make new lists. I’m open to fair discussion on the project when it is gone about correctly and in a way that doesn’t lead to these kind of inflammatory confrontations. I admitted I was on hiatus and I didn’t update the OP until today, yes I don’t deny that. But to suggest I’ve abandoned it and all that… it just smell of bad etiquette to me. If you had an earnest inquiry on my activity you could’ve just PM’d me in kind. But I’m ignoring that and considering this to be the last thing said on that subject.

I am fine if we are to continue this but I need SUBSTANTIAL interest from members if we are to proceed.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 07/24/2016 02:48
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Quote:
Dude. I'm a user on the site just like you are.

Yes, I never said you weren’t a member of the site— but with the responsibilities of moderation & administrative staff, faculty are expected to act to a certain standard. At least that was the impression I have always gotten throughout my experiences on forum culture; but if you see it differently then I don’t know. All I know is what I saw when I logged on today as I’m starting to get out of the seasonal depression anxieties to see what looks to be hijacking and insulting upon me. If that was not your intent, fine, but you should have more awareness than what was said.

Quote:
I'll drop it if you want.

Dropping the frame of conversation and confrontation would probably be beneficial for both parties.

Quote:
I'll unsticky the thread, and if you ever want to start a new one, I'll be happy to sticky it back up for you.

I think the thread is fine if we can actually achieve some sort of feasible activity outside of two new members and yourself. ‘less I start the rotation entirely anew and people who have went want to make new lists. I’m open to fair discussion on the project when it is gone about correctly and in a way that doesn’t lead to these kind of inflammatory confrontations. I admitted I was on hiatus and I didn’t update the OP until today, yes I don’t deny that. But to suggest I’ve abandoned it and all that… it just smell of bad etiquette to me. If you had an earnest inquiry on my activity you could’ve just PM’d me in kind. But I’m ignoring that and considering this to be the last thing said on that subject.

I am fine if we are to continue this but I need SUBSTANTIAL interest from members if we are to proceed.

That was what I was trying to determine with the thread I started. It was not my intent to hijack your project. And, yeah. I could have gone to you directly and asked you what was up. Probably should have. I'm not perfect, don't claim to be. And I don't want to have issues with you, or cause you stress.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 07/25/2016 20:31
  • Post subject:
With that mess aside.

Everyone! Hi! If I have enough interest we will be doing round two very soon! PLEASE tell me if that is something you WANT to do.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 07/25/2016 20:39
  • Post subject:
this is something I want to do (though I likely wont be doing another mix until I've done my part in commenting on all the lovely mixes already created thus far)
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 07/25/2016 20:49
  • Post subject:
I'm definitely pumped for another one. Since I don't know when I'll get my mythical Power Metal Club Mix done, I think my next project will just be a general crunk/footwork/bounce mix.
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 07/25/2016 21:17
  • Post subject:
I'd love to make another playlist. And I've loved listening to everyone's playlists, ana have returned several times to Tap's and Norm's particularly, but I likely won't be very vocal in the threads.
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 07/25/2016 22:58
  • Post subject:
You know that I'm interested.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website