• Posted: 04/25/2016 07:44
  • Post subject: SLP #6 BrandonMiaow
damn almost forgot.
https://play.spotify.com/user/fuchsiabu...DFrhFfpaK0

enjoy or whatever Razz
BrandonMiaow

• Posted: 04/25/2016 07:52
  • Post subject:
btw I really intended on keeping up with all the playlists so I wasn't just being an asshole posting mine and leaving, but I still haven't heard the last two. I'll hopefully get around to them during this week and pop in some comments.

Last edited by BrandonMiaow on 04/26/2016 05:29; edited 1 time in total
BrandonMiaow

• Posted: 04/26/2016 05:04
  • Post subject:
I can't believe y'all let this fall off the damn page Sad

Last edited by BrandonMiaow on 04/26/2016 05:28; edited 1 time in total
Grzywa

Poland

• Posted: 04/26/2016 05:17
  • Post subject:
BrandonMiaow wrote:

Take it easy, man, it's been less than 24 hours so far. For me it takes a couple of times before I post anything in particular, but I like the idea of an all-female singer playlist Wink
BrandonMiaow

• Posted: 04/26/2016 05:30
  • Post subject:
Grzywa wrote:
Take it easy, man, it's been less than 24 hours so far. For me it takes a couple of times before I post anything in particular, but I like the idea of an all-female singer playlist ;)

sorry I need to get off my computer and quick clicking around I'm just excited :P The all-female singer thing was accidental, honestly XD
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 04/26/2016 09:06
  • Post subject:
BrandonMiaow wrote:

this playlist sux

nah I kid this is good I've just started now. will say more things.
  • Visit poster's website
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 04/26/2016 09:49
  • Post subject:
Hollow Inside is super super pretty.

It's really cool how there's a kind of philosophical unity between most of these artists, in their vocal delivery and playing style, arrangements, mixing, etc. Solid job on the continuity side of things. Feels very much like a statement.
  • Visit poster's website
Grzywa

Poland

• Posted: 04/26/2016 10:12
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:

I second this.

Also, Riboflavin made my day. In ideal world this would be a no. 1 single. I'm gonna be chanting My riboflavin flavored, non-carbonated, polyunsaturated blood all the way to work today. Are 45 Grave consistently this good ?

I always enjoy new wave/gothic/post-punk influences, so never and Why also connected with me immediately.
BrandonMiaow

• Posted: 04/26/2016 21:03
  • Post subject:
Grzywa wrote:
I second this.

Also, Riboflavin made my day. In ideal world this would be a no. 1 single. I'm gonna be chanting My riboflavin flavored, non-carbonated, polyunsaturated blood all the way to work today. Are 45 Grave consistently this good ?

I always enjoy new wave/gothic/post-punk influences, so never and Why also connected with me immediately.

I'd say so, but I feel like their music is kinda all over the place to an extent. I enjoy that quality but some might not. For the most part their music is a convergence of schlocky horror movie aesthetics, schlocky 80s rock, and punk. There is even a surf rock instrumental called Surf Bat preceding Riboflavin on their debut and it rules. The lead singer goes by Dinah Cancer (fucking classic). Pretty fun band, I think, I too sing Riboflavin everywhere I go Razz

fun fact, never is by Warpaint's bassist Smile

SquishypuffDave wrote:

It's really cool how there's a kind of philosophical unity between most of these artists, in their vocal delivery and playing style, arrangements, mixing, etc. Solid job on the continuity side of things. Feels very much like a statement.

Yeah, Hollow Inside is really one of my favorite songs ever. I think a lot of ostensibly "twee" bands aren't given enough credit for atmosphere and emotional impact. It is something I've always wanted to talk about; how annoying the twee label is. I feel like making a band out to be all about cuteness kinda infantilizes music with more nuance than that. Its not like people who are into "twee pop" don't realize it is more than that, but people probably stay away from "twee pop" because they think its just cutesie.

I'm glad to hear that was the case! Most of it is just the music I've been listening to this year, so I'm glad my musical habits have philosophical unity heh. Although lately I've just been listening to lots of Mariah Carey which kind of throws a curveball into any philosophical unity my taste may have had Laughing
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 04/28/2016 22:26
  • Post subject:
Well damn is "never" a way to start this off, that's a really great track. One of my favorite from this whole project thus far. I Gave My Punk Jacket to Ricky sounds SO MUCH like a song I know I know but cannot place at all. Might honestly but a Lady Pills tune I'm thinking of (who, regardless, I'm convinced you'd probably love, Brandon). I know Don Hinson's version of Riboflavin thanks to my best friend back home really loving it a little too much and singing it damn near any chance any of the words in the chorus come up or just around Halloween in general. This is a cool version too, but I'm not gonna lie, I think I've been (polyun)oversaturated by that song to get that much enjoyment out of it at this point - though the ending is far cooler than the much hokier one Hinson gave. Au Pairs felt a little Cranberries rip-offy at times, but really aside from that my only complaint on the whole thing would be the vocals on Q4U. I know that was a stylistic choice and some people would be fine with it, but didn't really work for me, being honest.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website