SLP #16: The Art Of Losering

View previous topic :: View next topic
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 07/11/2016 11:19
  • Post subject: SLP #16: The Art Of Losering

The Art Of Losering by Romanelli

1. 22 Hours Of Darkness (The Ike Reilly Assassination)
2. How We Operate (Gomez)
3. 100 Year Thing (Chris Stills)
4. Danko/Manuel (Drive-By Truckers)
5. Hope You Like The New Me (Richard Thompson)
6. Losering (Whiskeytown)
7. Time Is Right (Manfred Mann's Earth Band)
8. Falling Stars (Adam & Kris)
9. The French Inhaler (Warren Zevon)
10. Listen To Me (Bill Miller)

Hey, all. I made you a mixed tape. Please play the songs in the above order. Preferably with headphones. Utilize enthusiastic volume. Relaxing substances are welcome. Feedback is encouraged. Thank you!!!!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 07/12/2016 03:10
  • Post subject:
Great aesthetic. The first song had a fantastic intro, and then turned into something else, which was both intriguing, yet slightly dissatisfying. The rest of the songs, while clearly different artists, I almost felt like this could be an album by one artist somehow. Well put together.

EDIT: Actually I spoke too soon... total switch at Time Is Right.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 07/14/2016 11:59
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
Great aesthetic. The first song had a fantastic intro, and then turned into something else, which was both intriguing, yet slightly dissatisfying. The rest of the songs, while clearly different artists, I almost felt like this could be an album by one artist somehow. Well put together.

EDIT: Actually I spoke too soon... total switch at Time Is Right.

Thanks for taking a listen, seth. It's not perfect, I know, but I went with what I felt needed to be there.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 09/27/2016 08:40
  • Post subject:
alright not gonna lie, was unsure starting off seeing as I really couldn't get with the Ike Reilly Assassination track, but shortly thereafter I was treated to a lovely bit of acoustic plucking and gruff vocals leading into some heavier passages from a band I've not given nearly enough attention (I've had Bring It On in my itunes for an eternity and now I may just actually listen to it.) Next I am far too ignorant in electric blues/americana/whatever Chris Stills is to intelligently comment on this track beyond I thought it was pretty good Razz , and went really nicely into a more menacing Richard Thompson melody (dude almost sounds like Nick Cave or David Tibet here damn).

You know I've never listened to Strangers Almanac in full? It's cool track but something about it leaves me wanting more... though I have a feeling that "more" might be on the album... ok unfortunately I do not not have I ever enjoyed Manfred Mann to any meaningful extent, so I'll just finish up saying that the last three entries, being a little more mellow, a little more overtly melodic, and a bit more pop-informed, it made for a nice sorta fade-out. Good closing section.

Overall, nice work Rom. Checked this out once when you first posted (as I did with your other one, which I will be commenting on momentarily) and definitely noted some stuff I need to look into a bit further when I'm in a particularly guitar-y mood Smile