SLP #21: Overcoming Awkwardness in the Club

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
undefined

• Posted: 08/21/2016 11:20
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.

I think I just spit my coffee on my monitor.

Quote:
The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you’re on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30.

c'mon that's brilliant
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 08/21/2016 20:44
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
At least it's trying to say something even if it is pseudo-intellectual slush from a bunch of leather jacket wearing metalheads from the '80s. God knows there is far worse out there and you said it was the bottom of the barrel which you have to admit is a fuckin' hyperbole.

Oh definitely... I have a problem with hyperbole. I admit it. In all fairness, while I haven't seen Sharknado, that song probably has way more merit even though I compared it to it.

It definitely still is the worst ever written... ahhaaha.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 08/21/2016 20:51
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
Gowi wrote:
The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.

I think I just spit my coffee on my monitor.

Quote:
The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you’re on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30.

c'mon that's brilliant

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I love comedy... sorry monitor got a blow... but somehow thinking of you enjoying that so much made me laugh even harder.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 09/27/2016 09:10
  • Post subject:
oh boy another Charlie mix! Ok gon be str8 up, there was shit here I couldn't quite get down to. BUT the first track was not said shit. "Everybody Else" was a fun youthful something or other and I like the vocals and yeah, good shit. Second track was just kinda lifeless to me. Seemed to check off all the dance-rap essentials but left me kinda cold. But the ayyyyeeeeeee Jungle Boogie is my jam. That next thing not so much, and yeah that was kind of a little completely super jarring transition, as was it going back into pop stuff. Oh hey Bieber. Idk, I'm pretty ambivalent about the kid. He gets too much hate from idiots obv but I still don't think he's particularly good (or bad). His love songs always sound so unconvincing and unfun to me and on top of that he just kinda seems like an asshole. I would not date him. The next thingy was some fun minimalist pop-dancehall whatever. Not particularly memorable but fun all the same. Loooool Fatman Scoop I always forget that guy exists outside of being a hype man, but you know he can do a crowd pleasing party rap tune pretty damn well. Was a tad weird flowing into the DJ Paypal track but it's a neat track so I'm not complaining too much. Oh hey look Brokencyde. I am of the amazingly original and controversial opinion that Brokencyde are shit. Sorry. Cam'Ron track was fine (probably works best as a closer tbh), though generally I don't get much out of the dude outside of Dipset.

Once again I don't really know how to fully summarize what I just heard, so um I'm just gonna go back to dancing to Jungle Boogie for awhile.

Honestly pretty nice mix overall in spite of the obvious