3. Konono No1 - "Paradiso"
4. Bumps - "Bin Johnston"
5. Thomas Mapfumo & The Blacks Unlimited - "Chigwaya (The Bream Fish)"
6. Oval - "Ah!"
7. Okapi Guitars - "Mhondoro"
8. Derek Bailey, Steve Noble - "Bright Moments"
9. Zimbabwe Shona Mbira Music - "Nhemamusasa: Complete Performance"

Here's the link

I'll drop by Thursday or this weekend to provide my thoughts on the selections, the playlist motifs and structure, etc.
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 08/24/2016 04:09
  • Post subject:
These are some cosmic rhythms right here. Keith delivers yet again. Might come back to comment on individual tracks later.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 09/27/2016 09:12
  • Post subject:
I hate the fact that I am now going to bed when this is next in line for me to say shit about it because fuck this is so far up my alley it's ridiculous. Transcendent. Will comment in full tomorrow. But yeah, hooray for percussion.
undefined

• Posted: 09/27/2016 19:45
  • Post subject:
alright so, this shit. That first track was beyond heavenly. Slightly distorted hypnotic tribal rhythms of the highest order. It's kinda like that one Drums of Death comp except better. You'll be happy to know I've downloaded that Drums of Haiti comp and can't imagine myself not absolutely loving it. And then you follow it up with one of my all-time favorite Autechre tracks, as if I wasn't already hooked enough. Then this next track... I didn't know freaky electronic madness could be so downright funky good god. Where can I get more of this?? Well off of Congotronics I imagine... yeah another one downloaded. Oh hey Bumps, I've sampled this very track actually haha. It's a cool album, bare hip-hop drums works shockingly well (and again, when I'm doing cut/paste breakbeat stuff, it makes for great sample material). Ayyy some more hypnotic African goodness with great percussion obviously. You know the drill by now, downloaded Very Happy. AND THEN OVAL <#

Keith you are wizard. Ending with those two Zimbabwean tracks (that last one in particular was just magic to me) with Derek Bailey in the middle? I don't understand how it worked as well as it did but idk you are genius (and a genius who has greatly augmented my listening queue at that).

yeah basically I am in love with this mix and I thank you tremendously for making it Smile
undefined

• Posted: 09/28/2016 18:43
  • Post subject:
oh also I almost forgot, are you familiar with/are you a fan of this, this, and/or this? All seem way up your alley if you aren't already familiar. OH and are you familiar with any of Stockhausen's percussion works? If not then this recording comes highly recommended. Also did once you tell me you were a fan of The Royal Drummers Of Burundi or did I imagine that?