2017 Albums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Daydreamer

• Posted: 06/01/2017 21:06
  • Post subject:
So Arcade Fire and The War On Drugs released a new song on the same day. A fine day indeed.

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 06/02/2017 22:09
  • Post subject:
Daydreamer wrote:
So Arcade Fire and The War On Drugs released a new song on the same day. A fine day indeed.

this is the first thing AF has done since neon bible that i've been in love with. they sound like the u2 we lost when bono's ego out-inflated him, and i mean that in the best way possible.
Daydreamer

• Posted: 06/02/2017 22:41
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:
this is the first thing AF has done since neon bible that i've been in love with. they sound like the u2 we lost when bono's ego out-inflated him, and i mean that in the best way possible.

The piano part is giving me some ABBA vibes.

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 06/03/2017 02:21
  • Post subject:

First Opus by Sinjin Hawke

Picked this one up from Fantano. Definitely not an album to miss, I think it's even one of the year's best so far. Heavy rec for fans of Arca, Burial, PC Music, TNGHT, Jlin, Holly Herndon etc... This album is right up there.
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 06/03/2017 05:40
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

Picked this one up from Fantano. Definitely not an album to miss, I think it's even one of the year's best so far. Heavy rec for fans of Arca, Burial, PC Music, TNGHT, Jlin, Holly Herndon etc... This album is right up there.

fan of everything you mentioned, except that i don't know who TNGHT is. so that's two recs for me Very Happy
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 06/03/2017 15:17
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:
Hayden wrote:

fan of everything you mentioned, except that i don't know who TNGHT is. so that's two recs for me Very Happy

To be fair, not knowing TNGHT is probably for the best. I shouldn't of included them. It's a duo consisting of Hudson Mohawke and Lunice. The only reason I put them in their is because of the horns on the album. TNGHT released an EP a while back, and you can hear a whole bunch of hokey production tricks they used when making it... it's a slightly lazy release that got a lot of hype. The 'big' track on it was beyond annoying.

But yeah, the Sinjin Hawke album is super orchestral too. Think the more lush instrumentals of James Blake, mixed in with Arca's drum machine. It's really dope.

Anyway, I actually haven't given the new Arcade Fire track a listen yet, but I'm looking forward to the new album. Gotta get on that.
  • Visit poster's website
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2017 14:09
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
To be fair, not knowing TNGHT is probably for the best. I shouldn't of included them. It's a duo consisting of Hudson Mohawke and Lunice. The only reason I put them in their is because of the horns on the album. TNGHT released an EP a while back, and you can hear a whole bunch of hokey production tricks they used when making it... it's a slightly lazy release that got a lot of hype. The 'big' track on it was beyond annoying.

But yeah, the Sinjin Hawke album is super orchestral too. Think the more lush instrumentals of James Blake, mixed in with Arca's drum machine. It's really dope.

Anyway, I actually haven't given the new Arcade Fire track a listen yet, but I'm looking forward to the new album. Gotta get on that.

boooooo TNGHT is great!!!
i like the new arcade fire pretty well, def have hopes it'll be better than gross reflektor...

also have u guys heard the little ditty that lana released on insta?? apparently it didnt make the album -- a shame, its better than coachella and on par w lust for life maybe?!?!

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 06/04/2017 15:37
  • Post subject:
revolver94 wrote:

boooooo TNGHT is great!!!
i like the new arcade fire pretty well, def have hopes it'll be better than gross reflektor...

Yeah, I seem to be the minority when it comes to them, but oh well. As long as other people enjoy them, it's all good.

I'm finding myself nearly never going back to any track off of Reflektor other than 'Afterlife', so I'm going to agree. I'm not sure if it's gross, but I have a pretty steady stance that it's by far my least favourite by them. Hoping the best for the new record.
  • Visit poster's website
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 06/05/2017 14:59
  • Post subject:
New Boogarins live album, complete with 12 minutes psychedelic brazilian jams for you! They still got it

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album...o-onirico/
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 06/05/2017 23:29
  • Post subject:
Just finished up listening to and subsequently purchasing Matthias Müller's solo trombone. Excellent free improvisation and it's not every day you come across a solo trombone record. Also found out he's post of Germany's Splitter Orchestra, which had an excellent collaboration with another great trombonist, George Lewis, last year, if you missed it.