"Look, in the mirror, She's not there"

- My Bloody Valentine

Tonally Lonely

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Best Ever Albums -> Music Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Komorebi-D

Australia

#891 | Posted: 05/21/2019 12:02 | Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing Great About Britain by Slowthai

Last Friday been so unimaginably good to me and so has the UK for rap this year. Slowthai comin’ in with the clutch and putting out of the most punky & politically charged grime records I’ve ever heard. A spot on piece.

Bocanada by Gustavo Cerati

Bocanada cops a hefty good-god-damn out of 10 from me with all its beautiful electronic intricacies and arty vignettes. I’m surprised no-one has slipped its name my way yet. Maybe Luigii or someone else has and I forgot, just like me too. But that’s not my point, this is a record worthy of worship, at least a fair amount more than it currently gets.

Capsule Losing Contact by Duster

And it seems that I have another perfect scorer on my hands. Yeah, my individual ones differ but when you put it all together you get Duster as they were meant to be heard. And that is something untouchably special, no matter the artist. The booklet, mwah! The sounds, mwah! The design, mwah! The recapturing of the core of what the band represented on Numero’s part, yep... you guessed it! the biggest fucking mwah yet! Unfamiliar with one of the turn-of-the-millennium’s greatest unsung musical heroes? Start here my friend.

Crazy but this is was just over the last few hours too. Not a bad day off, if I do say so myself.

2019: The Special (Not So) Few [RYM]
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Komorebi-D

Australia

#892 | Posted: 05/26/2019 01:36 | Post subject: Reply with quote
May’s the gift that keeps on giving:

Reward by Cate Le Bon

Flamagra by Flying Lotus

... And I have a good feeling that it’s going to continue to give with Denzel Curry, King Gizz, possibly The 1975, Sacred Paws and more around the corner.

Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Komorebi-D

Australia

#893 | Posted: 05/29/2019 00:37 | Post subject: Reply with quote

First they announce that there’s a sequel in the first place, then they drop the brilliant “Flat Tummy Tea” & “Bandana”, announce there’s a trilogy in the works ending with the title “Montana” and now this! Out of all the cover possibilities in the world, I did not except something as artful and meta as this.

It’s been a long road and, honestly, I don’t care if the next one takes another 5 years.

Last edited by Komorebi-D on 05/29/2019 00:47; edited 1 time in total

Luigii

United States

#894 | Posted: 05/29/2019 00:46 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Komorebi-D wrote:

Bocanada cops a hefty good-god-damn out of 10 from me with all its beautiful electronic intricacies and arty vignettes. I’m surprised no-one has slipped its name my way yet. Maybe Luigii or someone else has and I forgot, just like me too. But that’s not my point, this is a record worthy of worship, at least a fair amount more than it currently gets.

I think I gave a mention in passing. But for me, I found out from Tha1ChiefRocka when it was on the greatest list. And became a personal favorite of mine. Also recommend his 2002 album Siempre Es Hoy as well.
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Komorebi-D

Australia

#895 | Posted: 05/29/2019 00:49 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Luigii wrote:
Komorebi-D wrote:

I think I gave a mention in passing. But for me, I found out from Tha1ChiefRocka when it was on the greatest list. And became a personal favorite of mine. Also recommend his 2002 album Siempre Es Hoy as well.

Yeah I think that’s why I decided to list to it actually too. Will definitely keep that mind, is it sonically similar?

Luigii

United States

#896 | Posted: 05/29/2019 00:53 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Siempre Es Hoy definitely has those ambitious arty vignettes and electronics. Though I would argue it is different and if I'm remembering correctly doesn't have those chill electronic songs. But I will say that it's stickier. I mean the opener to that album is an amazing opener.

Komorebi-D

Australia

#897 | Posted: 05/29/2019 00:56 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Luigii wrote:
Siempre Es Hoy definitely has those ambitious arty vignettes and electronics. Though I would argue it is different and if I'm remembering correctly doesn't have those chill electronic songs. But I will say that it's stickier. I mean the opener to that album is an amazing opener.

Oh shit! Really? Will be jumping on that then, ASAP!

Luigii

United States

#898 | Posted: 05/29/2019 01:08 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Komorebi-D wrote:
Oh shit! Really? Will be jumping on that then, ASAP!

Also I want to give you a few more record recommendations as well. These two come from antiquusxy's 21 century electronic list.

The first one is this bat shit insane IDM/Drum and Bass album from 2003

Link

The other one comes from Japan and is a glitch record. When we were having the discussion about Aco's Irony about sounding like Vespertine. This record shares those qualities as well. It's on Youtube.

And that will be it for me. I got to head to bed since I got work tomorrow. But that should keep you busy.

Komorebi-D

Australia

#899 | Posted: 06/01/2019 02:06 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Luigii wrote:
Also I want to give you a few more record recommendations as well. These two come from antiquusxy's 21 century electronic list.

The first one is this bat shit insane IDM/Drum and Bass album from 2003

Link

The other one comes from Japan and is a glitch record. When we were having the discussion about Aco's Irony about sounding like Vespertine. This record shares those qualities as well. It's on Youtube.

And that will be it for me. I got to head to bed since I got work tomorrow. But that should keep you busy.

Thank you so much L. You’re too good to me!

More likely to check out that Japanese one first at the moment because I’m still looking for more sounds from that country. What’s it called though?

Komorebi-D

Australia

#900 | Posted: 06/01/2019 02:07 | Post subject: Reply with quote
R.I.P. Roky Erickson.

You put a spell on the world.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 90 of 94
   Forum Index -> Best Ever Albums -> Music Diaries

Jump to: