recover albums deleted from database

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 04/11/2018 07:53
  • Post subject:
This is not something that happens a lot, but occasionally an album might get flagged as 'suspect' and then deleted after it has been been on the site a while (somebody will report an issue with the legitimacy of an album which then gets investigated).

A problem with the current system is that you'd be unlikely to notice the suspect album unless you viewed the chart and spotted it (& this might not always be possible if you have lots of charts etc, or the album is lower down one of the lists).

In regards to this album it was On Tha Double, reported as a bootleg on 6th October and deleted on 7th April.

Just reading back over this thread, I think a better solution would be some kind of notification, and this is something that I'll action as soon as I can. Perhaps not an email, as that's too intrusive (& nobody reads them anyway), but maybe an indicator on the My Charts page if there are suspect albums in any of the charts (since there is a 28 day period from when an album gets flagged as suspect, to when it gets deleted to give people a chance to state their case).

Sorry I've been a bit slow at implementing recent changes, the redesign is taking a bit too much of my time up right now and acting as a bit of a bottleneck.

AM
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 04/11/2018 08:38
  • Post subject:
No worries. I know you can't rush art Wink (and yes a notification system for this would probably be a good idea)

oh P.S., idk who flagged On Tha Double but it's a proper mixtape and not a bootleg, so if it's alright with you I'm just gonna re-add it
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 04/12/2018 08:13
  • Post subject:
I'm pretty sure it's listed as a bootleg on Discogs and that's probably why it got flagged. Discogs isn't always correct (but it's usually pretty reliable). If you do re-add it, please support it with a URL to prove otherwise (so it doesn't get flagged again).
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 04/13/2018 00:00
  • Post subject:
ah I see the problem. Discogs doesn't catalogue digital-only mixtapes, and the only physical release of this one is a bootleg. The initial digital release itself is not a bootleg but I see where the confusion came from