BEA's 250 Greatest Films of All Time [Poll Dead]

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 04/14/2017 00:40
  • Post subject: BEA's 250 Greatest Films of All Time [Poll Dead]

Well hello.
We've been through a lot. And now we're here. Bit a finality to it all. BEA's 250 favourite films. Our overall list of what BEA considers the best films of all time. Pretty excited Very Happy I'm super stoked to see the turn out.

We've seen some interesting #1's on our lists. Taxi Driver, Moonrise Kingdom, The Apartment, Star Wars, Pulp Fiction, M, Bergman... and some others. We've done a few of these Anxious But I genuinely don't know who'll end up topping our overall list. I think it's going to be a fantastic list. I'm hoping capping it at 250 will leave plenty of rooms for diversity and underrated quality films.

Now... making an overall film list is difficult, but I'm sure we can handle it. The rules are slightly different from our other lists (obvious, this one is longer), so here's the gist for the rules:

BEA's composes a list of our 250 favourite films of all time.

All lists will be PMed to me or posted in this thread, maxing out at 100. The final list will be 250 films. I'll be accepting lists of any denotation up to 100. The size of your list determines it's weight. Films must be longer than 30 minutes. There are no date restrictions for films, but please only include films that have been released. No future releases, no Youtube videos, no remix bootlegs or whatever you picked up at that sketchy market in Manila. Just, you know, keep it normal and whatnot. Don't submit anything that would play in the movie theatre pictured above either.

Documentaries ARE allowed.
Mini-series are NOT allowed. TV series are NOT allowed.

Lists will also be accepted in IMDb and Letterboxd format. Deadline will be May 20th.

Share your favourites, post under-rated gems, all that good stuff Razz If you've been putting off a film you know you should've probably watched by now, here's to making it an opportunity Laughing

... I know that's what I'll be doing Anxious

I'm hoping we can have a lot of fun with this one. Looking forward to seeing everyone's lists.

I'll accept a handful of submitted write-ups for films that make the final 250, and post them on the list. Obviously nobody knows what will be on the final list, but if you stick with... um.... 'bigger' choices, it should be all good. No essays or anything, but like... upwards of 300 words is all good. If you submit a write-up for a film that'll most likely not make it, I'll probably notify you.

Just thought it'd be a bit of fun if anyone wanted to say anything about their choices. Negative reviews are welcome too.

Last edited by Hayden on 05/21/2017 14:36; edited 5 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
AwaitingAndrew

United States

• Posted: 04/14/2017 00:52
  • Post subject:
Deadline July 22, right? That way I will have time to add Dunkirk to my list watch a bunch more films.

Kidding, of course. Excited to see how this one turns out!
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 04/14/2017 00:57
  • Post subject:
AwaitingAndrew wrote:
Deadline July 22, right? That way I will have time to add Dunkirk to my list watch a bunch more films.

As someone who isn't too big on Nolan, or war dramas, I'm really excited for Dunkirk. Everything about it looks fantastic. Even if you weren't joking, I'd understand your argument Laughing IMDb's going to have a field day with that one.

Deadline might end up being early June, but I'm going to aim for late May. Definitely not late June... that's a bit too far down the road. I'm sure 60-70% of users already have a solid list down pat anyway (we do like making lists).
  • Visit poster's website
AwaitingAndrew

United States

• Posted: 04/14/2017 01:02
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
AwaitingAndrew wrote:

As someone who isn't too big on Nolan, or war dramas, I'm really excited for Dunkirk. Everything about it looks fantastic. Even if you weren't joking, I'd understand your argument Laughing IMDb's going to have a field day with that one.

Deadline might end up being early June, but I'm going to aim for late May. Definitely not late June... that's a bit too far down the road. I'm sure 60-70% of users already have a solid list down pat anyway (we do like making lists).

I mean I'm hoping it's good enough to make my list but kidding that we would wait that long since the poll is already up haha. You'll see when I get my list posted how much I like Nolan.

I've got a top 100 but working on refining it - i.e. watching some more classic films to knock out some recent flicks that are lower on my top 100 list and re-watching ones for the first time in a decade or so that I really liked back then, like Saving Private Ryan. Something like I imagine will be the case for most.
  • Visit poster's website
pa
as it happens

Italy

• Posted: 04/14/2017 13:28
  • Post subject: Re: BEA's 250 Greatest Films of All Time [Poll]
Yaaay!!
I know that our list will be amazing and hey, do u guys know this movie?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1255953/
The director is Canadian and the movie is mind blowing Wink
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 04/14/2017 14:18
  • Post subject:
Well here's my list, though it'll likely change a slight bit by the time the deadline hits.

Feel free to send me recommendations anyone, I'm always looking for more movies to watch.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 04/14/2017 15:02
  • Post subject:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
Well here's my list, though it'll likely change a slight bit by the time the deadline hits.

Feel free to send me recommendations anyone, I'm always looking for more movies to watch.

Thanks Rocky Smile

If it's no trouble, could you number the list? It's just a little box on the edit page. It makes it easier when tallying it up.

Quote:
Yaaay!!
The director is Canadian and the movie is mind blowing

Same director as our #1 for 2016. He has a fantastic filmography. Polytechnique is particularly good, puts Elephant to shame. Prisoners is also a powerhouse film by him.
  • Visit poster's website
AwaitingAndrew

United States

• Posted: 04/14/2017 15:21
  • Post subject: Re: BEA's 250 Greatest Films of All Time [Poll]
pa wrote:
Yaaay!!
The director is Canadian and the movie is mind blowing Wink

As of right now, he appears in my list three times with two of them quite high. This is one film I really want to see, hopefully before this deadline.
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 04/14/2017 15:44
  • Post subject:
https://letterboxd.com/mer_cury/list/my-top-306/

This is a mess. Really a mess after about 150. And this will be constantly changing up until the deadline. May get pretty annoying, Hayden. Maybe put off including my list until toward the end.

Powell & Pressburger... they've taken over my life recently.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 04/14/2017 15:53
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
https://letterboxd.com/mer_cury/list/my-top-306/

This is a mess. Really a mess after about 150. And this will be constantly changing up until the deadline. May get pretty annoying, Hayden. Maybe put off including my list until toward the end.

Powell & Pressburger... they've taken over my life recently.

All good. I'll count the top 100 on the day of the deadline Laughing

I'm struggling with my list as well. I'm stuck at 109... can't seem to cut anything else. Anxious
  • Visit poster's website