Help Wanted: Data Moderation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 05/15/2017 07:54
  • Post subject:
Album art needs to be at least 300 pixels square otherwise it will look blurry when viewed on desktop computers so BEA enforces a minimum size to prevent this from happening. The ideal size is about 500 pixels square.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/15/2017 10:03
  • Post subject:
My Uni course has finished now as of Friday, so I'll be happy to work through a few albums each morning. Good work to do while listen to a new record Smile
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 05/15/2017 22:20
  • Post subject:
I'll be happy to help out once I'm back online fully (browsing my phone of late as I'm stuck in the wilderness due to work)!

• Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 05/16/2017 04:56
  • Post subject:
Patman360 wrote:
I'll be happy to help out once I'm back online fully (browsing my phone of late as I'm stuck in the wilderness due to work)!

I want your job. haha.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 05/16/2017 12:22
  • Post subject:
Hey, all...thanks so much for all of your help! The moderation queues are still high, but have gone down so far a lot, thanks to you. So to those of you who have responded to this by jumping in and working some albums...Thank you!!!!!!!

Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 05/17/2017 04:25
  • Post subject:
As of right now I've updated all albums to have artwork except for the bootleg that likely should be deleted.

Dealing with other people's problems is an escape from dealing with my own... Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 05/18/2017 00:28
  • Post subject:
Country of origin on artists... is the rule where they are born or where they were when they released the album?

Itzhak Perlman for example... today is an American, but was born in Israel. Wiki says American-Israeli
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 05/18/2017 06:45
  • Post subject:
this page is kinda hard to find (the "help" link when you're editing an artist) but it has the answer here

https://www.besteveralbums.com/admin_band_help.php
Quote:
Country
The nationality of the artist.
Solo artists: An individual is deemed to be from one country if they were born and raised to adulthood in one country. There might be exceptions to this e.g. artists who released work during childhood while in one country, but later moved to another. These will be treated on a case by case basis. If you were born in one country and raised in another, you would be considered of the other nationality if you went to that country whilst still in infancy and then remained living in that country until adulthood. If you were born in one country and spent your childhood moving between different countries, then an artist is assigned 'Mixed Nationality' e.g. Rufus Wainwright.
Collaborations: If all artists in the collaboration are of the same nationality (as defined above), the collaboration is also assigned the same nationality. If any of the main performers (e.g. lead vocalist, lead guitarist etc) are of different nationality to the rest of the group (as defined above), the artist may be assigned 'Mixed Nationality'. If a minor performer within the collaboration is of different nationality, the artist as a whole could still be assigned the majority nationality (e.g. if the input of the 'minor' performer does not materially define the sound of the group as a whole).
Classical artists: the nationality of the orchestra should be used (& not the conductor). Mixed nationality should be stated if there are multiple lead performers.

So in this case, it depends on when he moved to America. This one is a bit tricky, since wiki says he had a recital in Tel Aviv at age 10 but after that moved to America to study at Julliard. I'd say Israel but I may be wrong on that.

btw there's also one of these pages for albums
https://www.besteveralbums.com/admin_album_help.php
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 05/18/2017 09:19
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
Country of origin on artists... is the rule where they are born or where they were when they released the album?

Itzhak Perlman for example... today is an American, but was born in Israel. Wiki says American-Israeli

BEA is a bit limited at the moment as it can't handle multiple nationalities, so we have to pick the most appropriate nationality for the artist, or assign them as 'mixed nationality' (and once BEA handles multiple nationalities all of the artists currently assigned as 'mixed' can then be assigned a specific multiple nationality). The artist in question seems to be one of those borderline cases where any of the above could apply (so I think 'mixed' might be most appropriate).

Sorry, the help pages are a bit difficult to find at the moment. Once the site redesign is finished everything will be different (and better).
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 05/18/2017 17:26
  • Post subject:
Again...thanks to all who have been chipping in. It really does help, and it's most appreciated!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website