• Posted: 06/04/2018 02:16
  • Post subject: autechre
best
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2018 02:20
  • Post subject:
Out of the big three from Warp, it's Boards of Canada for the best. But Autechre are definitely on there own lane. And albums like Tri Repaete, Chastic Slide, Confield, Untilted and Oversteps are dope.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2018 02:21
  • Post subject:
Thank you for taking the time to make such a thorough and well thought out post. There's not much to add to this discussion.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2018 02:28
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to make such a thorough and well thought out post. There's not much to add to this discussion.

It better not!
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 06/04/2018 03:34
  • Post subject:
I hate throwaway threads in this tone but I also love autechre so I'm having some very conflicting feelings rn...

Confield still the GOAT but Chiastic Slide continues to come dangerously close. Also those 2015 AE_LIVE sessions just get better and better
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2018 04:21
  • Post subject:
Autechre are really amazing, yes. I was actually just mentioning to someone that when I worked at a laser tag place I had Autechre - Second Peng on the mixtape and kids at birthday parties would be playing a game of laser tag to that track and it was amazing.
  • Visit poster's website
syptixed

• Posted: 06/04/2018 04:42
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
I hate throwaway threads in this tone but I also love autechre so I'm having some very conflicting feelings rn...

Confield still the GOAT but Chiastic Slide continues to come dangerously close. Also those 2015 AE_LIVE sessions just get better and better

They just put out another 4 to 6 hours of music out, have been slow to get intimate with it but i think it might end up being the best.

They are just better than everything else and the world would be amazing if every middle school and or high school in the world had a class for "Growing vegetables and fruit" and "Learning why autechre, aphex twin and boards of canada to a lesser extent are so very important.

I just tried to make a chart and Watermusic II from Basinski and Vulnerica Live from bjork aren't in the database.
  • Visit poster's website
syptixed

• Posted: 06/04/2018 04:47
  • Post subject:
Tap wrote:
Autechre are really amazing, yes. I was actually just mentioning to someone that when I worked at a laser tag place I had Autechre - Second Peng on the mixtape and kids at birthday parties would be playing a game of laser tag to that track and it was amazing.

I was suppose to go to a friend's house to play foosball, one that i hadn't seen in 15 years and my very stupid best friend told him to make sure he played zz top to bother me. The funny thing about this stupidness was that 2 weeks before i had noticed that zz top had sampled "Second Bad Vibel" and didn't have to give autechre any money. I am guessing it was their producer's idea.
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2018 06:10
  • Post subject:
I'll always be glad that ZZ Top exists if only for the comedy that Jon Glaser mined out of lying about his dad being a former member, but they have some fun songs too. Also it's a full 8 hours of NTS Sessions! Some really amazing stuff, though I think I prefer Elseq, the hard hitting nature on 2 and spaced out stuff on 5 are still my favorite things that have come out of their new edited live jam approach. But NTS Sessions do branch out into new approaches to melody that will take me a while to digest.
  • Visit poster's website
souplipton

Canada

• Posted: 06/04/2018 22:46
  • Post subject:
Autechre is awesome, but I prefer Aphex and BoC personally. LP5 is my favourite Autechre album, but Confield has been growing on me recently (previously found it too unusual, but I'm really enjoying it these past few months).
  • Visit poster's website