"Uncool" bands that you happen to love.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 11:09
  • Post subject: "Uncool" bands that you happen to love.
Which bands that were uncool to like did u happen to love? Even tho they were much ridiculed.
This mostly happens when we're younger because it's really important to be cool when youre young, so most of these bands I list will be rather older bands. But I STILL adore all of these bands.

Our Lady Peace
Stone Temple Pilots
Spacehog
Collective Soul
Len
4 Non-Blondes
Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Bush
Pizzicato Five
Fatboy Slim
Shonen Knife
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 11:31
  • Post subject: Re: "Uncool" bands that you happen to love.
bobbyb5 wrote:
Which bands that were uncool to like did u happen to love? Even tho they were much ridiculed.
This mostly happens when we're younger because it's really important to be cool when youre young, so most of these bands I list will be rather older bands. But I STILL adore all of these bands.

Our Lady Peace
Stone Temple Pilots
Spacehog
Collective Soul
Len
4 Non-Blondes
Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Bush
Pizzicato Five
Fatboy Slim
Shonen Knife

Shonen Kife were always considered cool. Unless sth happened in their later years. I don't remember Pizzicato Five being considered uncool either. They were so different from the rest of the alt scene when they came out. Anyways, I loved that first album of theirs.

Yeah, STP is the biggest one for me. They RULE, and even I used make fun of them for that Plush single which just sounded like a copy of Pearl Jam in ht most obvious way.
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 11:40
  • Post subject:
STEAL MY SUNSHINE IS A FANTASTIC SONG
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 11:47
Tilly wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:

Our Lady Peace
Stone Temple Pilots
Spacehog
Collective Soul
Len
4 Non-Blondes
Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Bush
Pizzicato Five
Fatboy Slim
Shonen Knife

Shonen Kife were always considered cool. Unless sth happened in their later years. I don't remember Pizzicato Five being considered uncool either. They were so different from the rest of the alt scene when they came out. Anyways, I loved that first album of theirs.

Yeah, STP is the biggest one for me. They RULE, and even I used make fun of them for that Plush single which just sounded like a copy of Pearl Jam in ht most obvious way.

I couldnt quite remember if L7 were hated or liked, so i didn't include them. But i adore L7. Theyre great, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Visit poster's website
Daydreamer

• Posted: 06/24/2017 11:53
  • Post subject:
Linkin Park
Coldplay
U2
Some power metal bands

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 11:54
bobbyb5 wrote:
Tilly wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:

Our Lady Peace
Stone Temple Pilots
Spacehog
Collective Soul
Len
4 Non-Blondes
Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Bush
Pizzicato Five
Fatboy Slim
Shonen Knife

I couldnt quite remember if L7 were hated or liked, so i didn't include them. But i adore L7. Theyre great, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah. L7 were always considered cool. Just chicks that ROCKED! They really brought it on their first couple of albums. They rocked as hard as any band until they went to the majors so they were definitely considered cool.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 12:01
  • Post subject:
Tap wrote:
STEAL MY SUNSHINE IS A FANTASTIC SONG

Never heard this before! I LOVE it. Such a great message (& so TRUE!) and the backup singing is done to perfection.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 12:07
  • Post subject:
Tilly wrote:
Never heard this before! I LOVE it. Such a great message (& so TRUE!) and the backup singing is done to perfection.

The reason i loved Steal my Sunshine is because the only music in the entire song is a sample of the classic disco smash More More More by the Andrea True Connection. It's one of those classic disco productions. If u dont know it, u dont know what youre missing. Even sillier and better than Steal My Sunshine.
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 12:43
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
The reason i loved Steal my Sunshine is because the only music in the entire song is a sample of the classic disco smash More More More by the Andrea True Connection. It's one of those classic disco productions. If u dont know it, u dont know what youre missing. Even sillier and better than Steal My Sunshine.

that is a classic song but steal my sunshine is better because in more more more that bit is so quick it just comes and goes but len knew to build a whole song out of it (and they add some more musical elements to it like the vocals)
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2017 13:39
  • Post subject:
Tap wrote:
that is a classic song but steal my sunshine is better because in more more more that bit is so quick it just comes and goes but len knew to build a whole song out of it (and they add some more musical elements to it like the vocals)

It was a great idea for Len to use it throughout the entire record. Its such a fantastic hook. When i was a little kid they used to play old disco hits on oldies radio, and i always loved that little hook. And the trumpet solo. I dont even know if theres a such things as Oldies radio anymore. Is there? It was fantastic when i was a kid. U heard all the Classic Rock and disco and everything. And i mean EVERYTHING.
  • Visit poster's website