A Dream concert

View previous topic :: View next topic
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/17/2011 21:08
  • Post subject: A Dream concert
Right, let's say that somehow you could organize a really long concert, you can bring in any acts as long as they are currently together/alive. Let's assume you had a maximum of 30 acts for some reasons and they could each only play 5 songs. which acts/song would you pick?

Here's mine.
In order:

Belle And Sebastian

Songs: If You're Feling Sinister, The Boy With The Arab Strap, Your Cover's Blown, Women's Realm and Stay Loose.

Rolling Stones

Songs: I Can't Get No Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter, Sympathy For The Devil, Street Fighting Man and Paint it Black

Prince

Songs: When Doves Cry, Let's Go Crazy, Little Red Corvette, Raspberry beret and Purple Rain

Blur

Songs: Parklife, Coffee And TV, Chemical World, Song 2 and This IS A LOw

The Strokes

Songs: Someday, Last Nite, Under Cover Of Moonlight, You Only Live Once and Reptilia

Eminem

Songs: My Name Is, Lose Yourself, Just Lose It, The Real Slim Shady and Stan

Fleetwood Mac

Songs: Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop, You Make Loving Fun, Little Lies and The Chain

Blondie

Songs: Heart Of Glass, Denis, Union City Blue, Sunday Girl and Hanging On The Telephone

Heaven 17

Songs: Were Going To Live A Very Long Time, Temptation, Crushed By The Wheels of Industry, We Don't Need No Facist Groove Thang and Penthouse And Pavement

Simon And Garfunkel

Songs: I Am A Rock, The Sound Of Silence, Mrs Robinson, The Boxer and Bridge Over Troubled Water

Weird Al Yankovic

Songs: Eat It, You Don't Love Me Anymore, I Lost On Jeopardy, Smells Like Nirvana and Everything You Know Is Wrong

Guns N Roses

Songs: Sweet Child O Mine, PAradise City, Welcome To The Jungle, Knocking On Heavens Door and November Rain.

Ultravox

Songs: Young Savage, Hiroshima Mon Amour, New Europeans, All Stood Still and Vienna.

Soft Cell

Songs: Fun City, Sex Dwarf, Where Was Your Heart When You Needed It Most, Say Hello Wave Goodbye and Tainted Love.

Blue Oyster Cult

Songs: Burning For You, Astronomy, Godzilla, E.T.I and Don't Fear The Reaper

The Doors Of The 21st Century

Songs: People Are Strange, Light My Fire, Riders On The Storm, Five To One and The End

Devo

Songs: Mongoloid, Jocko Homo, Turn Around, Whip It and Girl U Want

Radiohead

Songs: Creep, High And Dry, No Suprises, Karma Police and idioteque

Meat Loaf

Songs: Bat Out Of Hell, Paradise By The Dashboard Light, Dead Ringer For Love, Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back and I'd Do Anything For Love.

U2

Songs: Sunday Bloody Sunday, Vertigo, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, With Or Without You.

Deep Purple

Songs: Hush, Space Truckin', Highway Star, River Deep Mountain High and Smoke On The Water

Kraftwerk:

Songs: The Model, Radioactivity, Autobahn, Computer Love and Neon Lights.

Yes

Songs: Your's Is No Disgrace, Close To The Edge, Changes, Owner Of A Lonely Heart, And Awaken.

Sparks

Songs: Equator, This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us, Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth, Bon Voyage and Amateur Hour

Beach Boys

Songs: I Get Around, Good Vibrations, Wouldn't It Be Nice, God Only Knows and California Girls

Bjork

Songs: It's Oh So Quiet, Army Of Me, Hyperballad, Big Time Sensuality and Bachelorette

Human League

Songs: Empire State Human, Love Action, Being Boiled, Life On Your Own and Don't You Want Me

The Who

Songs: Baba O Riley, Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes, Who Are You and My Generation

David Bowie

Songs: Space Oddity, Ziggy Stardust, Fame, Sound And Vision

For Finale:

Heroes

performed by:

Vocals: Thom Yorke, David Bowie and Bjork
Guitar: Pete Townshend
Bassist and Drummer: whoever, not bothered.
Keyboards: Rick Wakeman
  • Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 06/17/2011 21:54
  • Post subject:
Urgh, the parameters make this too hard. I can't have 1973 King Crimson, 1981 Motorhead AND 1978 Clash all play the same show, for example.

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/17/2011 22:19
  • Post subject:
Ah fuck it then, it's a magical concert where any act can play.

Would post mine, but I can't be assed.
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 06/17/2011 22:29
  • Post subject:
as unrealistic as a dream concert is, this is even less realistic. I'm gonna make it three artists with an opener playing half an hour and two co-headliners playing about an hour each (set list in no order):

1990 New Wave revival Dream Concert; Talk Talk and New Order are in time (New Grass is played for the first time here) and Talking Heads are back from hiatus before the break-up

opener Talk Talk:
Life's What You Make It
It's My Life
New Grass
Eden
Desire

New Order:
Ceremony
Temptation
Blue Monday
Thieves Like Us
Bizarre Love Triangle
Leave Me Alone
Age of Consent
The Village
Fine Time
All the Way
Love Less
Mr Disco
Vanishing Point

Talking Heads:
Memories Can't Wait
Mind
Animals
Drugs
The Good Thing
Born Under Punches
Crosseyed and Painless
The Great Curve
Once in a Lifetime
Seen and Not Seen
Psycho Killer
Burning Down the House
Making Flippy Floppy
Tentative Decisions
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 06/18/2011 01:50
  • Post subject:
I think you should take the idea of Australia's Big Day Out and fill in your acts on several stages.

http://www.bigdayout.com/documents/file...ELAIDE.pdf

Visit the link to see what I mean.
  • Visit poster's website
nutso42

• Posted: 11/21/2012 19:08
  • Post subject:
Using acts currently together/alive, it would go like this:

Laura Marling
"Sophia" "Goodbye England" "All My Rage" "Salinas" and "What He Wrote"

Mumford & Sons
"Ghosts That We Knew" "The Cave" "Lover of the Light" "Reminder" and "Little Lion Man"

David Byrne & St. Vincent
"Burning Down the House" "Cruel" "Life During Wartime" "Who" and "Weekend In the Dust"

Arcade Fire
"The Suburbs" "Empty Room" "Modern Man" "Half Light II" and "City With No Children"

Rush
"One Little Victory" "Far Cry" "Malignant Narcissism" "Der Trommler" and "Spirit of Radio"
rock socket

Netherlands

• Posted: 11/21/2012 20:14
  • Post subject:
The Doors with Jim Morrison
The Allman Brothers band- with Duane and Barry
sageamagoo

Location: It's different now that I'm poor and aging, I'll never see this place again
Canada

• Posted: 11/22/2012 00:33
  • Post subject:
Keep in mind that this is the exact setlist I would want for each artist. (Once you read through, tell me what you think?)

Gorillaz ~ 26 minutes
Songs: Every Planet We Reach Is Dead, Hong Kong, Clint Eastwood, All Alone, Empire Ants

OK Go ~ 20.8 minutes
Songs: WTF?, Let It Rain, Needing/Getting, A Million Ways, In The Glass

Sufjan Stevens ~ 24.3 minutes
Songs: They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From the Dead!! Ahhhh!, Flint (For The Unemployed And Underpaid), Come On! Feel the Illinoise! Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition/Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me in a Dream, Concerning The UFO Sighting Near Highland Illinois, Seven Swans

Echo & The Bunnymen ~ 23.5 minutes
Songs: The Cutter, Nocturnal Me, The Killing Moon, Bedbugs And Ballyhoo, Ocean Rain

Faith No More ~ 22.3 minutes
Songs: Zombie Eaters, Land Of Sunshine, Midlife Crisis, Edge Of The World, Malpractice

Queens Of The Stone Age ~ 18.8 minutes
Songs: You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire, You're So Vague, In My Head, First It Giveth, No One Knows

Franz Ferdinand ~ 17.1 minutes
Songs: Twilight Omens, What She Came For, 40', Ulysses, This Fire

Rodrigo Y Gabriella ~ 22 minutes
Songs: Hanuman, Ixtapa, Diem, 11:11, Tamacun

Coldplay ~ 25 minutes
Songs: Violet Hill, God Put A Smile Upon My Face, Trouble, Yes, Square One

Pink Floyd ~ 41.8 minutes
Songs: Pigs On the Wing (Part 1), Dogs, Pigs (Three Different Ones), Sheep, Pigs On the Wing (Part 2)

------Interlude------
Jon Gomm ~ 6.5 minutes
Song: Passionflower
-----------------------

Yes ~ 49.4 minutes
Songs: Heart Of The Sunrise, Yours Is No Disgrace, Starship Trooper, And You And I, Roundabout

Porcupine Tree ~ 34 minutes
Songs: Waiting - Phase One, Trains, A Smart Kid, Tinto Brass, Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

Dream Theater ~ 29.3 minutes
Songs: I Walk Beside You, Panic Attack, The Dance Of Eternity, One Last Time, The Spirit Carries On

The Flaming Lips ~ 21.8 minutes
Songs: Placebo Headwound, The Spark That Bled (The Softest Bullet Ever Shot), They Punctured My Yolk, Suddenly Everything Has Changed (Death Anxiety Caused By Moments Of Boredom), The Gash (Battle Hymn For The Wounded Mathematician)

Neutral Milk Hotel ~ 22 minutes
Songs: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, Oh Comely, Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2, King Of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1, Holland 1945

Arcade Fire ~ 25.4 minutes
Songs: Neighborhood #2 (Laika), In The Backseat, Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels), Wake Up, Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)

Panic! At The Disco ~ 16.4 minutes
Songs: The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage, I Write Sins Not Tragedies, I Constantly Thank God For Esteban, There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet, Build God, Then We'll Talk

Modest Mouse ~ 20.6 minutes
Songs: March Into The Sea, Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes, Bukowski, The Good Times Are Killing Me, The Cold Part

Poni Hoax ~ 22.7 minutes
Songs: She's On The Radio, Antibodies, Images Of Sigrid, Crash-Pad Driver, Carrie Ann

------Finale------
Dream Theater ~ 24 minutes
Octavarium

Guest vocalists: Steven Wilson (II. Medicate), Josh Homme (III. Full Circle), Mike Patton (IV. Intervals)

Guest guitarist: Jon Gomm

Guest bassist: Cris Squire

Guest keyboards: Roddy Bottum

Guest drummer: Gavin Harrison

Total concert length: 7.4 hours Razz