Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 10/10/2017 01:10
  • Post subject:

Black Heat by Black Heat

Makes me want to rob a bank, and make a cool getaway in a '70 Challenger, cruising through the hazy streets of NYC. Then go and chill back at my shag carpeted bachelor pad with the ladies Laughing

Link

Link
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 10/18/2017 23:06
  • Post subject:
While this is not an album, I have subscribed to this channel, and I'm going to be listening to a lot of it.

There is so much damn classical on this channel it's ridiculous.

Anyways, I really like this one that I listened to today.

Link
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 11:25
  • Post subject: Re: Listen To An Obscure Album Here Every Week!
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
I'll post an album here for listening that I either added to the site, or has had little exposure beyond a couple of charts and ratings. I will try to keep it varied; as many different genres, countries, and eras as possible.

So, for this week I'll give you something I just added today.

Alpha Percussion by Giovanni Cristiani

A very interesting album that I can find almost no information on. As it's name suggests, it's filled with a lot of different types of percussion, but also features some electronic music as well. I can't even find a biography on the guy who made it.

(BTW, the Youtube channel this album is featured on has an insane amount of good obscure stuff posted which I will most likely get to later).

For fans of Danny Brown go to about minute 21:00 to hear a sample you might recognize. Smile

Listen Here ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HehhB0Fb5EI

I'm about to listen to this. And from your description of it I am hoping that it's like The Incredible Bongo Band albums. When you said it has samples you might recognize, I thought of the album Bongo Rock because it's been a source of samples in the hundreds probably by now. Hope it's cool.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 12:21
bobbyb5 wrote:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
I'll post an album here for listening that I either added to the site, or has had little exposure beyond a couple of charts and ratings. I will try to keep it varied; as many different genres, countries, and eras as possible.

A very interesting album that I can find almost no information on. As it's name suggests, it's filled with a lot of different types of percussion, but also features some electronic music as well. I can't even find a biography on the guy who made it.

(BTW, the Youtube channel this album is featured on has an insane amount of good obscure stuff posted which I will most likely get to later).

For fans of Danny Brown go to about minute 21:00 to hear a sample you might recognize. Smile

I'm about to listen to this. And from your description of it I am hoping that it's like The Incredible Bongo Band albums. When you said it has samples you might recognize, I thought of the album Bongo Rock because it's been a source of samples in the hundreds probably by now. Hope it's cool.

Eh, not quite mate. Black Milk, the producer of the Danny Brown song I mentioned, must have been lucky to find this record, because he is the only person to have pulled a sample from it. It is also nowhere near as energetic and an Incredible Bongo Band album. It's like percussion for a dungeon.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 17:19
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Eh, not quite mate. Black Milk, the producer of the Danny Brown song I mentioned, must have been lucky to find this record, because he is the only person to have pulled a sample from it. It is also nowhere near as energetic and an Incredible Bongo Band album. It's like percussion for a dungeon.

I'm about halfway through it. I think it's really nice. It has a wonderful sound. If nothing else it's a fantastic sounding record. And it's really interesting too. And I really like the parts that sounds kind of scary, because I actually love scary music. And its very easy and and fun to listen to. It's really enjoyable.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 10/26/2017 02:17
  • Post subject:

Tin Of Drum by Rapoon

I just added this album by an artist I only found out existed two days ago, but his music has already grown on me. This album is perfect for anybody who love ambient music like myself. I was immediately hypnotized by the pulsating beats and dreamy textures of this album. I always like when spoken word passages are set over this type of music as well. This album is considered to be in the niche sub-genre of "Tribal Ambient" associated with artists like Jon Hassell and some Steve Roach albums like Dreamtime Return. It basically means that they usually employ some kind of traditional drumming into the songs. The star of this album is the 30 minute behemoth of a final track entitled, "Southbound". My favorite thing about ambient music is how the subtle changes that happen throughout the track usually take you to somewhere completely different than where you started. This song does this about 5 times in the course of the run time, which doesn't make it feel like a 30 minute song. I've only listened to it completely twice, but I think I might have found a new favorite of mine. This guy's other stuff is pretty solid too.

Listen Here. https://rapoon.bandcamp.com/album/tin-of-drum
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/26/2017 03:12
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Tin Of Drum by Rapoon

I just added this album by an artist I only found out existed two days ago, but his music has already grown on me. This album is perfect for anybody who love ambient music like myself. I was immediately hypnotized by the pulsating beats and dreamy textures of this album. I always like when spoken word passages are set over this type of music as well. This album is considered to be in the niche sub-genre of "Tribal Ambient" associated with artists like Jon Hassell and some Steve Roach albums like Dreamtime Return. It basically means that they usually employ some kind of traditional drumming into the songs. The star of this album is the 30 minute behemoth of a final track entitled, "Southbound". My favorite thing about ambient music is how the subtle changes that happen throughout the track usually take you to somewhere completely different than where you started. This song does this about 5 times in the course of the run time, which doesn't make it feel like a 30 minute song. I've only listened to it completely twice, but I think I might have found a new favorite of mine. This guy's other stuff is pretty solid too.

I'm an ambient freak, so I can't wait to hear this. Although Jon Hassell isnt reallying the style of ambient I like. But this sounds quite unusual. I bet I'm going to like it. Sounds badass.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/26/2017 05:25
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Tin Of Drum by Rapoon

I'm listening to it now, and so far it's awesome. It's the kind of ambient I like best. I was afraid it was going to be that kind of purist, minimalist bullshit that I hate. But instead it's the kind I like with the light, atmospheric dreamy stuff on top, and the darker, noisy percussion stuff on the bottom. Like the best stuff by the orb and people like that. Or where the dreamy stuff unexpectedly turns dark and scary. This is really good I like it. And I like spoken word stuff on top of ambient, as long as it's weird or funny. And I love ambient tracks that run to epic lengths. But I haven't gotten to the one you mentioned yet.

Last edited by bobbyb5 on 10/26/2017 05:42; edited 2 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/26/2017 05:35
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Tin Of Drum by Rapoon

And to top it off, the can of Drum tobacco on the cover is the kind of roll-your-own cigarette tobacco I smoke!!! (When I can afford it, that is. Drum costs about 2 or 3 times as much as most tobaccos. Its expensive shit.) ,It's awesome that someone did a painting of the drum tobacco can. Heh heh
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/26/2017 05:48
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Tin Of Drum by Rapoon

And he has one that's called " Sleepy, dreamy, nighty, snoozy". That sounds like it's going to be awesome. Heh heh
  • Visit poster's website