What's the Worst Album In My Top 100?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 12:26
  • Post subject: Re: What's the Worst Album In My Top 100?
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Moby's Play stands out for me - can't bloody stand it. That aside your chart is pretty solid.

EDIT - do we now turn this into a game where the next poster picks out a dud from the above poster's overall chart? Could be fun...?

I actually have a different Moby in my top 100, but i do like Play. it's only my 4th or 5th favorite Moby,) even though it seems It's the popular choice for his best album.
The artist i dislike most in your chart would be either Nick Cave or Tom Waits, so one of those albums is the one id like to see go.
(In reality though, you should keep it there if YOU think it should be there.)
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 12:37
  • Post subject:
If you're really gonna make this a game and go to the previous posters chart, everyone is going to have a field day with mine. Neutral
  • Visit poster's website
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 07/19/2017 15:21
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Go to my chart and tell me what's trash, and should be removed. Smile

all of it

Just so you know that comment was a joke, u keep doing u honey
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 15:43
  • Post subject:
Quote:
do we now turn this into a game where the next poster picks out a dud from the above poster's overall chart? Could be fun...?

Sounds good, and yes, I thought this would be a good way to start debate, instead of just answering trivia questions like some posts are (including mine).

Quote:
all of it

Haha, somebody's got the hang of this!
  • Visit poster's website
glynspsa

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 16:37
  • Post subject:
A really solid chart. i am not a moby fan though so probably that album would be the weakest to me, but i am a strong believer in like what art you like ill like what i like as long as nobody is hurting anyone i see no problems.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 07/19/2017 16:55
  • Post subject:
I think I'm supposed to go with Afterhours then...? I think. Cause Hazey's chart is private Sad

Anywho, gotta be Twin Infinitives I guess. Or possibly Barbed Wire Maggots, I'm not too big on that album.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 17:08
  • Post subject:
Haha, I kind of expected Moby to get the most hate, but just for the hell of it, I'll tell you my side. First of all, it's a nostalgic record for me, so I'll spare you the details in that regard, but here is why I think it's a miracle.

In 1996, Moby released the abysmal critical and commercial failure, Animal Rights. Moby really liked post-hardcore, and Animal Rights was his attempt at a punk record, and you can imagine how that went. Here's a quote from the wiki on the album;

"According to manager Eric Härle, the album almost killed Moby's career because not only did the new direction leave audiences cold – with music media uninterested and his existing fan base largely alienated by it – but it led to people being confused as to what kind of artist Moby really was. Having wiped out all his early good work in establishing himself, Moby was left struggling for any kind of recognition and quickly became seen as a "has-been" in the eyes of many people in the industry."

He released a compilation album called "I Like to Score" which was basically a compilation of already released material, or stuff he had made for film.

Then starting in 1998 with "Honey", Moby would embark on the greatest marketing campaign an album has ever had. The album, when it was released, performed poorly once again. Moby then licensed all of the music for use in television commercials and film, and also released 9 singles from 1998 to 2001. This increased exposure led the album to grow in popularity exponentially, and it ended up selling 12 million worldwide becoming the still highest selling electronica album of all time. Those who were around back then probably remember how it was impossible escaping the songs on this album. They were everywhere (which was good and bad).

The music is not suitable for everyone, which is fine, but the remarkable success of this album has to elevate it somewhat.
  • Visit poster's website
Daydreamer

• Posted: 07/19/2017 18:49
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
I think I'm supposed to go with Afterhours then...? I think. Cause Hazey's chart is private Sad

Anywho, gotta be Twin Infinitives I guess. Or possibly Barbed Wire Maggots, I'm not too big on that album.

Your chart is great, Hayden, there's a lot I don't know but I like most of what I know.

Down A Colorful Hill is probably the one I don't like that much, so that's the one I pick.

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 07/19/2017 19:26
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

No surprise there Silenced

Those are very divisive works
  • Visit poster's website
Graeme2

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/19/2017 19:51
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Go to my chart and tell me what's trash, and should be removed. Smile

Lots of goods recs on that chart.
I'd say star time by James brown. I'd rather not see a straight up best of or A side singles comp from a massive big name. Just my personal choice, each to their own etc. obviously the music on it is great. I have a live James brown album on mine which I strongly recommend, and it's not the first Apollo one. I'm sure some wouldn't have live albums on their overall either.
  • Visit poster's website