What's the Worst Album In My Top 100?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
glynspsa

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 20:04
  • Post subject:
I know my list is not everyones tastes feel free to pick at it if you would like. I'm comfortable in liking what i like.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 20:57
  • Post subject:
@Tha1ChiefRocka
I didn't know that happen to Moby. I know a similar situation happen to Bruce Springsteen in his career.
  • Visit poster's website
buzzdainer
Next to the Last True Romantic

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 22:00
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
@Tha1ChiefRocka
I didn't know that happen to Moby. I know a similar situation happen to Bruce Springsteen in his career.

I like the idea of attacking one album, just for fun, from the previous poster's greatest of all time chart. Turns out I like a lot of Luigii's chart and don't see any real stinkers on it. With that caveat, I'm going with Caracal. I liked Disclosure's Settle quite a bit, but the schtick wears off for me on Caracal, which is alternately a little dull, a little too slick, and a tad misogynistic.

As for my own chart: well, that's easy. It's the album I put in the #100 slot, which happens to be the Jayhawks' Tomorrow the Green Grass. Otherwise it would be ranked higher, right? Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
carpents

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 22:05
  • Post subject:
glynspsa wrote:
I know my list is not everyones tastes feel free to pick at it if you would like. I'm comfortable in liking what i like.

I actually like most of your picks, although I'm not a Dead/Phish fan at all. So leaving out the bands that I wholly don't like (but am probably a minority) I'll go with Shake Your Money Maker as the outlying bad album in your top 100.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 22:28
  • Post subject:
@buzzdainer
Damn. You know I'm not getting rid of Caracal. That album to me is a modern favorite. Listen to it over several hundred times all the way way through and never got tired of it. Now with the opinions on the record, let me give my perspective over it.
A bit boring. I could see that considering some of the songs are a lot more chilled and goes into the downtempo plain but I vibe with a lot of chilled out music.
A bit slick. Personally this is the double edge sword that Caracal does get from some fans where people thought is was their amends to pop music.Which to some it can be looked as a disappointment. But I feel it worked beautifully. For one, a lot of the EDM tracks that get on the radio are just so boring to me. That's what made Latch so interesting to me. A electronic track that was more chilled and had soul. Now with Settle, I do feel that record is a competent record. However, I feel that record is going to age somewhat due to how their beats are a bit rudimentary as well as feeling like it is meat and potatoes. Get's me kinda bored kinda quickly. Meanwhile Caracal's palette is way more dreamy, spacey, futuristic and imaginative with not only the variety and influence of what the duo loves in music as well as being way more fine tuned.
A bit misogynistic. I'm kinda curious as well as have a feeling of which songs are going to get tagged with this claimed.
I do have to say thank you for liking the rest of my best list. It does mean a lot to me. And I do know this is for fun.

Last edited by Luigii on 07/19/2017 23:58; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
buzzdainer
Next to the Last True Romantic

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 22:35
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
@buzzdainer
Damn. You know I'm not getting rid of Caracal. That album to me is a modern favorite. Listen to it over several hundred times all the way way through and never got tired of it. Now with the opinions on the record let me give my perspective over it.
A bit boring. I could see that considering some of the songs are a lot more chilled and goes into the downtempo plain but I vibe with a lot of chilled out music.
A bit slick. Personally this is the double edge sword that Caracal does get from some fans where people thought is was their amends to pop music.Which to some it can be looked as a disappointment. But I feel it paved beautifully. For one, a lot of the EDM tracks that get on the radio are just so boring to me. That's what made Latch so interesting to me. A electronic track that was more chilled and had soul to the track. Now with Settle, I do feel that record is a competent record. However, I feel that record is going to age somewhat due to how their beats are a bit rudimentary as well as feeling like it is meat and potatoes. Get's me kinda bored. Meanwhile Caracal's palette is way more dreamy, spacey, futuristic and imaginative with not only the variety and influence of what the duo loves in music as well as being way more fine tuned.
A bit misogynistic. I'm kinda curious as well as have a feeling of which songs are going to get tagged with this claimed.
I do have to say thank you for liking the rest of my best list. It does mean a lot to me. And I do know this is for fun.

Yeah, this is purely for fun. As for the misogyny claim (which I know is the most controversial thing I've said), I didn't really pick up on it until my then-girlfriend pointed it out. The song she really objected to was "Echoes," in which the narrator basically asks his girlfriend to shut up for five minutes because she talks so much. Sort of a stereotype of the henpecking girlfriend. I had to admit she had a point, though I think it falls well short of being truly offensive.

But no, for heaven's sake, don't even think of removing Caracal from your chart. Variety of the spice of life!
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 22:48
  • Post subject:
Shocked That wasn't the song I was thinking at all. With Echoes, I don't get the idea of Howard wanting this girl to shut up. I feel that this song was more about age and how this couple have been around for so long that stuff was stuck in his conscious have gone away.
Now the songs I thought were Jaded and Good Intentions. But even then, I have to give props to Guy and Howard Lawrence as well as Jimmy Napes and the contributors for not making the album mindless. There was actual thought and care to the lyrics that I don't feel it was dumb. For the most part. And don't worry. I'm not getting rid of Caracal at all. Love the record to much to get rid of it. Mr. Green Hopefully my explanation gave you a different look to the album to maybe try it again? Hopefully.
  • Visit poster's website
Daydreamer

• Posted: 07/19/2017 23:07
  • Post subject:
Come on people, thell me the worst albums in my top 100

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2017 23:19
  • Post subject:
Daydreamer wrote:

I was going to say the cliche your number 1, then I saw the bigger cliche answer of The Wall, then a moment later I saw The Suburbs ( Shame on you ). Then later I was thrown for a loop with Jon fucking Bon Jovi. Then I figured that was it, then ANOTHER BON JOVI ALBUM?!?!?? And then I was numbed breifly before seeing a LINKIN PARK ALBUM!!!! d'oh! Applause

So, LINKIN PARK's A Thousand Suns album is my final answer

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 07/19/2017 23:33
  • Post subject:
Daydreamer wrote:

You've got some excellent albums on there. However, since you're asking for it Smile

First I was going to say the most overrated album of all time: Revolver ... but then ...

I saw the ridiculously over-estimated Blackstar (sorry, RIP Bowie).

But then I was struck by the absolutely awful These Days by Bon Jovi, though I must admit I don't think I've ever made it through the whole album so it might end with the next Sister Ray and in that case I wouldn't know the masterpiece that awaited me.
  • Visit poster's website