What's the Worst Album In My Top 100?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 07/20/2017 00:09
  • Post subject:
@Mercury it didn't take long to find Thin Lizzy, but nothing bad after that

@AfterHours not any bad albums, but I would be fine if I never heard Pere Ubu again
AfterHours

• Posted: 07/20/2017 00:21
  • Post subject:
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
@AfterHours not any bad albums, but I would be fine if I never heard Pere Ubu again

Looking at your chart, which is excellent, that kinda surprises me but would surprise me more if it featured the likes of Captain Beefheart, Pop Group, Talking Heads, Pixies...

I didn't see anything that was less than excellent (though some I've never heard so wouldn't know in those cases).

So taking into consideration everything I know on your chart (which is most of them), all of them being at least "great/superb", I'd have to say either Mark Hollis self-titled (though excellent), Illmatic (though excellent), or Newsom's Divers (though excellent).
  • Visit poster's website
buzzdainer
Next to the Last True Romantic

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2017 03:04
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Shocked That wasn't the song I was thinking at all. With Echoes, I don't get the idea of Howard wanting this girl to shut up. I feel that this song was more about age and how this couple have been around for so long that stuff was stuck in his conscious have gone away.
Now the songs I thought were Jaded and Good Intentions. But even then, I have to give props to Guy and Howard Lawrence as well as Jimmy Napes and the contributors for not making the album mindless. There was actual thought and care to the lyrics that I don't feel it was dumb. For the most part. And don't worry. I'm not getting rid of Caracal at all. Love the record to much to get rid of it. Mr. Green Hopefully my explanation gave you a different look to the album to maybe try it again? Hopefully.

I would totally give Caracal another listen! Honestly, I probably just haven't spent enough time with it for any of it to stick.
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2017 03:38
  • Post subject:
mine is probably too hard so I'll just tell ya, the one ppl will dislike the most is Shozyg.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2017 09:13
  • Post subject:
Daydreamer wrote:
Come on people, thell me the worst albums in my top 100

You only have three or four artists who I have a distaste for, one of them being Prince. So I would pick Purple Rain.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2017 09:22
  • Post subject:
Tap wrote:
mine is probably too hard so I'll just tell ya, the one ppl will dislike the most is Shozyg.

Well, of the ones that I actually know in your chart, the one I dislike is Faust.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2017 09:35
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Haha, I kind of expected Moby to get the most hate, but just for the hell of it, I'll tell you my side. First of all, it's a nostalgic record for me, so I'll spare you the details in that regard, but here is why I think it's a miracle.

In 1996, Moby released the abysmal critical and commercial failure, Animal Rights. Moby really liked post-hardcore, and Animal Rights was his attempt at a punk record, and you can imagine how that went. Here's a quote from the wiki on the album;

"According to manager Eric Härle, the album almost killed Moby's career because not only did the new direction leave audiences cold – with music media uninterested and his existing fan base largely alienated by it – but it led to people being confused as to what kind of artist Moby really was. Having wiped out all his early good work in establishing himself, Moby was left struggling for any kind of recognition and quickly became seen as a "has-been" in the eyes of many people in the industry."

He released a compilation album called "I Like to Score" which was basically a compilation of already released material, or stuff he had made for film.

Then starting in 1998 with "Honey", Moby would embark on the greatest marketing campaign an album has ever had. The album, when it was released, performed poorly once again. Moby then licensed all of the music for use in television commercials and film, and also released 9 singles from 1998 to 2001. This increased exposure led the album to grow in popularity exponentially, and it ended up selling 12 million worldwide becoming the still highest selling electronica album of all time. Those who were around back then probably remember how it was impossible escaping the songs on this album. They were everywhere (which was good and bad).

The music is not suitable for everyone, which is fine, but the remarkable success of this album has to elevate it somewhat.

I actually think half of Animal Rights is very good, and the rock stuff mostly i liked. It was actually a little better than most of the rock crap at the time. And you have to remember he started in rock before he did techno, so it wasnt correct when people accused him of trying to jump on a bandwagon. But both that album and Play have kind of receded in my mind and now I kind of prefer the albums which came after. But I'm a fan, and you know how that goes. Ha ha
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2017 13:54
  • Post subject:
@buzzdainer
Don't worry. Take your time on it. If you need any help to get into the record, let me know. And if you still don't like it, that's perfectly fine.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 07/20/2017 18:21
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
And then I was numbed breifly before seeing a LINKIN PARK ALBUM!!!! d'oh! Applause

So, LINKIN PARK's A Thousand Suns album is my final answer

Damn it Merc, you did it again.
  • Visit poster's website