A look upon the records

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/30/2017 22:43
  • Post subject: A look upon the records
Well with a lot of the forums I have made which I am realistically grateful for the request from the funk, electronics as well as the rock and metal choices, I decide to get a diary going on to present my thoughts on records I have listen to as well as try to give reasoning as to why I love a record. Or hell the total opposite. If you want to give any recommendations, pm me or go into the forums I made. Also I don't know when I will post a comment so it will be on and off. Lastly, if you disagree of my rating or appreciation on any record I did, comment. I will comment back to get a discussion going on. Have fun everyone. This is going to be a weird ride.

Last edited by Luigii on 12/04/2018 02:17; edited 2 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/30/2017 23:30
  • Post subject:
Album 1 The intro that made me invested to music.

Back in the summer time in 2013 when I was in Montreal, I went to a record store and found this cd in the funk section. And I remembered that Jamiroquai had one of there song on the DS game Elite Beat Agents. So I decided to pick this one up and give this one a spin. The short answer of my enjoyment is high. The rating for this record to me would be a 100.
Now I could easily call it a day and pack it in. But where is the fun in that? So let me go into the details of this record. This is a tight 10 track that clocks in 55 minutes that is a mixture of funk as well as a prominent genre of the 90's known as acid jazz. And man is the mixture so tight. I mean it is Skin Tight. A tight mix of bass, drums, synths(Fender Rhodes!), didgeridoo(underrated instrument) and plenty more where that comes from. There musical line up is nuts. And then you have the leading man Jay Kay(Tapping into his Gill Scott Heron). I like both.
He is a very expressive and charismatic performer that will make you care of what he is presenting to the audience. From the caring of the planet (When you gonna learn, Title track) to caring to the listener(Too young to die, Revolution 1993) and mainly getting the audience pumped(If I like it, I do it).
Now it is hard to pick a favorite track from this album. I feel that every track on this record was just solid gold that has stood the test of time. But if I had to choose it would be Blow Your Mind. I enjoy the lyrics where Jay is actually being romantic to the woman. However, I love the music even more. A late night chill session that always keeps the heat. Especially to the second half where it goes into a lofty night glide through the sky as well as showing the tight musicianship between the band.
Hopefully this can suffice to my intro in the music diaries? Anxious Ah well, the rules are in the comment before. Going to finish listening to this record again. See you next time.

Last edited by Luigii on 07/31/2017 00:44; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
janetjakcson

United States

• Posted: 07/30/2017 23:43
  • Post subject:
One of my favorite albums would have to be "Night Time, My Time" by Sky Ferreira. It's 80s rock in the 2010s
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/30/2017 23:52
  • Post subject:
janetjakcson wrote:
One of my favorite albums would have to be "Night Time, My Time" by Sky Ferreira. It's 80s rock in the 2010s

Will give that record a listen.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/31/2017 13:11
  • Post subject:
Listen Session 1

Found this record early in the morning. And I really love it a lot. Love the mix of folk, singer songwritter and jazz. Also the orchestra moments and the downtempo moments are an added bonus.But this is an impressive record.
Now that I have finished listening to this record, this was incredible. Striking gold early in the morning and finding another record to get in your collection in any way possible.Grade:100

Man this should have been the best record of 1985. I love almost everything off of this record. Also some of the synth work reminds me of some Super Nintendo game like EarthBound and Donkey Kong Country. As I continue listening to music I start realizing what I react properly to.And this is one of those. Like the bizarre but the beauty of this record.Grade:95
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/31/2017 17:39
  • Post subject:
Pitchfork and Torches #1

So this was consider the best electronic album of 2015. And I was curious of how it was. So I gave a good listen to this record. And I do think this is a good record. My rating would be a:75
But top 10 status? No. Now keep in mind I do like probably a good half of the record. Songs like See Saw, Obvs, Just Saying, Loud Places and The Rest Is Noise are incredible songs that retain a sense of wonder and atmosphere that I get a lot of enjoyment out of. And I would also include Sleep Sound as well as Girl go in this category. However, there are certain qualities that get me a bit uninterested from the project. Plus now to go over what I wasn't crazy for. (This was a peaceful listen but not every song wowed me)
As an opener, Gosh is okay. I do like the rumbling bass near the tail end of the track. Reminds me of Four Tet. But the rest never really gets me going anywhere. Kinda sits in a lull. The same can be said for Stranger In A Room where though pretty peaceful, just doesn't go anywhere. Now Sleep Sounds is a cool highlight from the album. However, I don't like that it abruptly ends. And it's weird because by the tail end, I was getting hyped. But it just ends. Sad
Girl also has a similar problem where I'm not really feeling the vocal line. Feels a bit off to me.
But if there was a song that annoyed me for the most part, It would be I Know There's Going To Be(Good Times).
Now I do like the soul sample and PopCann wasn't that bad on the track. But Young Thug? Brick wall He just doesn't work here. Not only is his lyrics eye roll ready but the instrumental isn't as detailed compared to the rest of the album.
I do understand why people love this record. Hell I did enjoy a good amount of it. But it wasn't a god tier record.
Here are some of my recommendations of electronic records that I personally enjoy from 2015.

These reactions are going to be something else. Ah well, had to get that out of my concious. Hopefully next time won't be as negative as I could be. But then again, I could be way worse.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/31/2017 22:08
  • Post subject:
Dark Electronic Recommendation 1

So this was a recommendation from my dark electronic picks from the user name SleepDealer.
And he wasn't wrong. This is a bizarre record. A cool deviation of synth pop music as well as rave music. Very catchy, but also has details that I can pick from. As well as having some very unorthodox vocals. Can be a turn off to some new listeners. But I realistically enjoy them and also gets stuck in your head. So far Silent Shout, Neverland, We Share Our Mothers' Health, Na Na Na, Marble House, From Off to On, Forest Families, One Hit and Still Light are very enjoyable tracks. Now I will say there is a bit I don't like. Some of the synth or vocal work on tracks like The Captain or Like A Pen can get a bit loud or irritating. But I still get enjoyment from them. Retains the bizarre atmosphere, impressive beat-work, and personal fun. Want to come back to this again. It is irresistible and actually want to read into the lyrics of this record.Thank you SleepDealer. I know you had more choices from the creepy electronics forums. Especially want to give the album below a listen.

Grade for Silent Shout:90
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 08/01/2017 13:36
  • Post subject:
Album 2 Venturing through the musical landscape

Man, I love this record. Heard this last night when I was in bed and I love everything about. The Vocal Samples, the vocal manipulations as well as the beatwork and atmosphere of the record. Makes me feel I am venturing through New York City while not being in the dimension where we reside. And this might be TMI but this might be the only record I have heard so far where I got rock hard. Honestly, this album has this aura that makes me feel I am having a sensual love session. It's electronic erotica. Need this album on CD or on my Ipod.
Grade:100
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 08/01/2017 16:11
  • Post subject:
Recent Releases in 2017
So far, this year in music has been really good for us. Top 20 so far is really deserve and I got some personal favorites that I enjoy a hell of a lot. So let me list them for you. (Will give a detailed look at these records later on in the diary.)

This will be my favorite record of the year.Love the honesty, the down to earth and very heart wrenching lyrics as well as the instrumentation of the record. I did give my thoughts on the comment section of this record if you want to get more detail. Still love it so much. Grade:100

Now if I didn't listen to A Crow Looked at Me, This record would be number 1. I do personally love Jamiroquai. And albums like Emergency on Planet Earth as well as Synkronized are records that I love immensely. But the rest of their discography I always thought were good to just boring. And when I have tried this record out a couple times, I loved it so much that it would rank as my second favorite record of theirs. Love the hidden sadness off the record. Has a mix between Boards of Canada's Tomorrows Harvest and Dam Funk's Invite The Light. And every song just punches so hard. Grade:95

And lastly to end this short list we got the new Washed Out record. I need to get into the chillwave genre really badly. Because a lot of the sound play was so good on this. Also shout out to Stones Throw Records for making a lot of kick ass records as of late.Grade:95
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 08/01/2017 17:44
  • Post subject:
Quote:
I need to get into the chillwave genre really badly.

If that's the case Neon Indian needs to be next if you have not given him a listen. Maybe his first album instead of this one, but I really like this one.

VEGA INTL. Night School by Neon Indian
  • Visit poster's website