228. Also 91. 9 left.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 11/01/2018 20:44
  • Post subject:
Also

Link

This is the best thing ever. If anyone caught the direct, when Piranha Plant was running, I lost my shit. To me, that was hilarious.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 11/21/2018 21:55
  • Post subject:
I finally have 800 albums under the belt. Will take a while to get to 1000 albums. I mean with my work schedule coming up, probably might get this done next year or maybe 2020 due to wanting to get bigger and better things work wise. So we will see what happens.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 11/30/2018 03:11
  • Post subject:
After I got that four day break, I have not only 808 album's done, I also got 365 albums for the 2010's. We are inching closer to that 1000 goal. That will be a fun time.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/01/2018 04:31
  • Post subject:
So I had an idea to make a tiny list of music I want to get done since I have 5 albums to get done.
Here is the list.
Los Angeles:Flying Lotus (Album below game) Complete 95
The Bliss Album?: PM Dawn (Reoccurring act) Complete 90
Cocoon Crush & Flatland:Objekt (New act) Flatland done. 80
Cop Shoot Cop:White Noise (Wish List)

I do have another wish list album but that one is quite a lengthy one.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/04/2018 00:50
  • Post subject:
I really need to change this diary name.
Here is the update to the list
Cop Shoot Cop by White Noise (Wish List) Grade Below
II by Moderat (Album Below Game) 90
Cocoon Crush by Objekt (New Act)

Also might listen to the new Earl Sweatshirt album. But when I started it up, felt something was off about it. But I can't pin point what it is. Think

Maybe I will figure why I am feeling this so far but will spill my initial thoughts when I get a full listen.

Last edited by Luigii on 12/04/2018 03:55; edited 2 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/04/2018 01:30
  • Post subject:

Wait were doing this? Well yeah. When venturing through the forum for what we are listening, a user brought this album up when he listen to the new Daughters record. For that album, it is a borderline masterful album. Wouldn't be surprise if it gets a 100 from me later on in life. But back to this album. I finished it up and think it's actually good. I can't say there is a bad track. However, I feel this album suffers from though having good qualities but doesn't go far enough. I mean, though I haven't listen to these albums but I feel like RATM's 1992 album or The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails might hit me harder. Plus I feel like Cop Shoot Cop will have other albums that speak for this particular itch.

The other thing I would mention as a critique would come to how the album doesn't have a full sound where I am being enveloped by these harsh soundscapes. The album feels a bit tame.

But even with the critiques, I still enjoyed myself and I'm quite excited to see if the act has other stuff that speaks to me.

Grade:75

Last edited by Luigii on 12/04/2018 03:23; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 12/04/2018 02:41
  • Post subject:
It brings a smile to my face that you loved the new Daughters record too. That Cop Shoot Cop record sounds interesting to me immediately on the basis that the name of one of my favourite Spiritualized tracks was probably named in reference to it but your thoughts on it are terrific too. So yeah I might just chuck it a little test drive, though I’d love to see a full post about YWGWYW. Can you make that happen?

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/04/2018 02:55
  • Post subject:
Komorebi-D wrote:
It brings a smile to my face that you loved the new Daughters record too. That Cop Shoot Cop record sounds interesting to me immediately on the basis that the name of one of my favourite Spiritualized tracks was probably named in reference to it but your thoughts on it are terrific too. So yeah I might just chuck it a little test drive, though I’d love to see a full post about YWGWYW. Can you make that happen?

I could see a write up for that album since I do have a good amount of stuff to say about that album as well as I've been itching to give that album another spin.

For a snippet, I could talk about The Flammable Man. A track that personifies anxiety with a Capital A in spades. The way the track glitches out is some jaw dropping stuff. But what always gets to me is those subtle drum hits before the vocalist go into the mantra "Is there something burning here, Or is it me?" That is some tense stuff. But really, its those guitar tones during that mantra. That simultaneously freaks me out but also do get personal enjoyment from.
Like I'd go from Shocked but then would be Very Happy during that passage. Sometimes I'm still surprise what guitars can still do when given to the right people.

And with this, I'd probably gave you the case of the blue balls since I don't know when I'll get to the album. Maybe tomorrow. Though I do have a busy day these next few days.

Last edited by Luigii on 12/04/2018 03:27; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 12/04/2018 02:59
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
I could see a write up for that album since I do have a good amount of stuff to say about that album as well as I've been itching to give that album another spin.

For a snippet, I could talk about The Flammable Man. A track that personifies anxiety with a Capital A in spades. The way the track glitches out is some jaw dropping stuff. But what always gets to me is those subtle drum hits before the vocalist go into the mantra "Is the something burning here. Or is it me?" That is some tense stuff. But really, its those guitar tones during that mantra. That simultaneously freaks me out but also do get personal enjoyment from.
Like I'd go from Shocked but then would be Very Happy during that passage. Sometimes I'm still surprise what guitars can still do when given to the right people.

And with this, I'd probably gave you the case of the blue balls since I don't know when I'll get to the album. Maybe tomorrow. Though I do have a busy day these next few days.

Haha If yeah I dont think I’d call it “blue balls”, I’m a patient guy hahaha. But I love what you said about the flammable man and you’re totally on the money. I’m a little sacred to talk about the whole thing myself in another list I’m working because there’s just so much there! Anyway I’m looking forward to whatever you come up with.

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website