Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/24/2020 17:52
  • Post subject:
Anti wrote:
Luigii wrote:
If you have played Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing is very similar to those games. But if you haven't played those games, Animal Crossing is by Wikipedia a Social Simulator. Didn't know that was the term for it. But in Animal Crossing, you get to do a lot of stuff. You get to catch bugs, fish and other things. You get to hang with your friends and a lot more. For newcomers, it is a slow burner type of game. Meaning what you do in the game can feel quite minuscule compared to other games. But if you want a time sink like game that can be addictive, this is a game for you.

Also, I didn't know you had a Switch Anti. If you want other recommendations for games let me know. List me some games you have, And I could provide some recommendations.

Alright that sounds like something up my alley. I enjoy those kind of management games, actually.

And yeah, I got it in February with some leftover money from my vacationing I had to spare. I know people who had one and it looked like a fun console. I grew board out of traditional consoles like Xbox or PlayStation. Nintendo keeps it pretty fresh with their design which I appreciate way more.

So right now I have Pokémon Shield, which I beat but I still try to catch more Pokemon and create different teams. The DLC is months away so I gotta wait for that. I have Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Odyssey also, but I left those at my apartment back at med school and I'm back home during my state's stay-at-home order. I was anticipating this order so I got Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild which is super cool so far. I feel like it'll keep me occupied for a while. But yeah I'm probably going to download that new Animal Crossing.

That is a nice set of games. Whenever you get the free time, or when the quarantine gets lifted and can get some money these are certain games you should get. And there quite a bunch.

For a short but replayable experience, get Katamari Damacy Reroll. Only $30 and has a dope soundtrack that RYM gushes all over.

I'll add games like
Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Donkey Kong Country:Tropical Frezze

And there are plenty of others depending on what genres you indulge in gaming.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 03/24/2020 19:22
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
That is a nice set of games. Whenever you get the free time, or when the quarantine gets lifted and can get some money these are certain games you should get. And there quite a bunch.

For a short but replayable experience, get Katamari Damacy Reroll. Only $30 and has a dope soundtrack that RYM gushes all over.

I'll add games like
Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Donkey Kong Country:Tropical Frezze

And there are plenty of others depending on what genres you indulge in gaming.

I appreciate the recs. I was eyeing both Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart 8 so I'll keep those in mind.

Yo do you have a RYM account? My name is VIII (which is 8 in roman numerals, a lucky number I've enjoyed for most of my life) if you wanna add me as a friend.
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/24/2020 20:08
  • Post subject:
Yeah I have a RYM account. Don't use it as often as this account. But it is the same as this account.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/29/2020 18:12
  • Post subject:
In a couple of days, I will list out my favorite albums of 2020 from the beginning to March 31. Might get to 40 albums and keep in mind will listen to albums from the beginning of the year but this is the albums I quite enjoyed.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2020 14:52
  • Post subject:
Welp, it has been a couple of days. The beginning of the second quarter of 2020 has started. And in these weird times of having to stay at home, one of the ways to keep the days to pass by is to listen to music. Playing video games as well. But with music, I have at least listen to over 40 albums under my belt. That never happens unless I'm revisiting a year to find what I love.

So let's get started. This is my top 20 of what I have listened to from the beginning of 2020 to March 31.
#1 Rakka-Vladislav Delay
#2 The Slow Rush-Tame Impala
#3 Ghosts V:Together-Nine Inch Nails
#4 After Hours-The Weeknd
#5 Color Theory-Soccer Mommy
#6 Mystic Familiar-Dan Deacon
#7 Draining Love Story-Sewerslvt
#8 Suddenly-Caribou
#9 Ecstasy-Disclosure
#10 Una Presencia En La Brisa-Leandro Fresco&Rafael Anton Irisarri
#11 Saccharine Synergy-Vaperror
#12 Patchouli Blue-Bohren&Der Club Of Gore
#13 Scis-Oval
#14 Spirituality And Distortion-Igorrr
#15 1988-Knxwledge
#16 Conference Of Trees-Pantha Du Prince
#17 Miss Anthropocene-Grimes
#18 Spectres From The Old World-Dark Fortress
#19 I Disagree-Poppy
#20 Superstar-Caroline Rose

Well, that was a meaty list. Now let me indulge a little bit to see what is occurring here. For one, ambient music as well as ambient hybrids of 2020 have been really killing it. From my favorite album of the year as of now to #3,10,12,16 and even my honorable mentions like the Clarence Clarity album and the Sufjan album, a lot of artist have been releasing records that have been striking a chord with me. Have close to a fifth of my list with metal records from #14,18 &19. Where both the Poppy and Igorrr itch that particular sweet spot of metal music while being weird or flowing with different genres of music. While #18 is a more traditional metal album but is quite grand and quite badass to boot. Pop has been quite particular since not only you have records like #20 is acting like an underbelly for my list. As well as pop hybrids like After Hours where while it is quite pop, is somewhat out there for Weeknd. But you could also throw in the Tame Impala album, even if it isn't a pop album. Also have to shout out Color Theory due to giving me cues of Golden Hour, one of my favorite country pop albums of the 2010's. And lastly you have a good chunk of electronic music that could be quite odd like the Oval album or more welcoming albums or ep's from #7,8,9,11 and 15. Yes Knxwledge's 1988 is a hip hop instrumental record.

I would say that is quite varied but fits my usual taste of what I like to listen to. I could argue that I could be more varied with this list. Might check out Hayden's list to find other records that I wouldn't tackle as often. But to guess where this list will go in the future? I feel like some pop albums might shake this list up. Not only is Rina's debut coming out real soon but I'm having optimistic feelings for the Lady Gaga album. Yves Tumor might be a year end contender. Don't know where I would place Thundercat within my year list. I'll find out by Friday. And then there is albums that I hope are released like a Disclosure album and The Avalanches album. Maybe an Autechre record. I mean it is April. Though I'm guessing that might be a 2021 release. And I think that will be it for now. Hopefully will make this list at the beginning of July where we can finally live our "normal" life again. If you have any album that you want me to listen to, throw me a recommendation. See you next time.
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 04/01/2020 21:57
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
#5 Color Theory-Soccer Mommy

Yes Luig! Appreciate the Soccer Mommy love! Even though I prefer her last album a little more, I just think she’s so underrated.

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2020 22:21
  • Post subject:
Komorebi-D wrote:
Yes Luig! Appreciate the Soccer Mommy love! Even though I prefer her last album a little more, I just think she’s so underrated.

I do need to check her other work as well. How did you feel about the rest of the list anyway?
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/08/2020 20:59
  • Post subject:
It's been a bit. And it is funny that once April 1 was over, new albums or albums that came a few days ago changed up the top 20. But having to stay home, I decided to replay Mario Odyssey. And man that game is still enjoyable even with almost 3 years under it's belt. That is all for now.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2020 19:07
  • Post subject:
So I just realized that today it has been 3 years since I decided to join this site. One of the best decisions I ever did.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/20/2020 01:29
  • Post subject:
So I think I gave the new album from Rina Sawayama probably close to 10 listens. God what an album. At some point I do want to give a review. The one thing I will mention is that the last album that not only makes me think of video games, having tracks that feel like upgrades of big pop hits and wanting an animated feature film in the vein of Interstellar 5555 was Disclosure's Caracal. And for me, that is the biggest compliment I could ever give.
  • Visit poster's website