What would the overall chart look like if...

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 07/11/2011 13:46
  • Post subject: What would the overall chart look like if...
...everybody living now posted a chart? Well actually... not everyone. As way to whittle the numbers down (but probably an elitist rule) only people who have listened to at least one album in the current 100 overall chart are included. So everyone living who has listened to one album in the top 100 posts a top 50 chart (of favorites, no objectivity) on the site right now. Completely ignoring internet traffic and computers crashing, what will the overall chart look like by the end of the day?
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 07/11/2011 13:56
  • Post subject:
Well, the current list seems to have some influence from a certain stupid review site *cough* Pitchfork *cough*, though I think if the general populous flooded in we'd have too much influence from a certain stupid review magazine *cough* Rolling Stone *cough* which would make Sgt. Pepper's the #1 album in a matter of seconds. We'd also have a flood of tweens upping the rating on My World and My World 2.0. Oh, and I would imagine there would be a LOT more Lady Gaga (she does have the most likes on Facebook).

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 07/11/2011 13:59
  • Post subject:
it would likely be the current pop chart topper at the time, or the Beatles. though you say they should do favorites, people seem to think putting the Beatles at the top makes them look like they know a little about music
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 07/11/2011 14:00
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Well, the current list seems to have some influence from a certain stupid review site *cough* Pitchfork *cough*, though I think if the general populous flooded in we'd have too much influence from a certain stupid review magazine *cough* Rolling Stone *cough* which would make Sgt. Pepper's the #1 album in a matter of seconds. We'd also have a flood of tweens upping the rating on My World and My World 2.0. Oh, and I would imagine there would be a LOT more Lady Gaga (she does have the most likes on Facebook).

Ya, those would probably be all the negatives of it, but I can think of a few good things that would happen. First off, we would probably learn about great albums not many people here no about (some classic in Africa, or Brazil or something). And....

Ya, that's all I got for positives Anxious
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 07/11/2011 14:02
  • Post subject:
How many Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber fans have listened to an album in the top 100 though? Remember that rule is in place to put some order into things Wink

... then again. Maybe some would get through because they have listened to one Beatles album or Thriller?
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 07/11/2011 14:03
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Jackwc wrote:

Ya, those would probably be all the negatives of it, but I can think of a few good things that would happen. First off, we would probably learn about great albums not many people here no about (some classic in Africa, or Brazil or something). And....

Ya, that's all I got for positives 8-[

How else would we know about several Serbian bands that like to play Irish folk music?

Link

• Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 07/11/2011 14:07
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
How many Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber fans have listened to an album in the top 100 though? Remember that rule is in place to put some order into things :wink:

... then again. Maybe some would get through because they have listened to one Beatles album or Thriller?

(oh, yes, Thriller would also be a lot higher. So would other terribly overrated albums, like Back in Black)

I'm sure Gaga fans have DEFINITELY listened to some albums in the top 100, as Gaga appeals to many people, despite being a Bjork/Madonna poseur. Bieber fans, maybe not as much, but I'm sure some of them have heard some Beatles.

• Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 07/11/2011 14:13
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
people seem to think putting the Beatles at the top makes them look like they know a little about music
Embarassed thats why its at number 2. I ain't no poser Liar
purple

• Posted: 07/11/2011 14:18
  • Post subject:
well, there's a difference between your chart and say... having the White Album at number one and Skrillex at number two. Also, for African music, check out Fela Kuti
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 07/11/2011 14:23
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
well, there's a difference between your chart and say... having the White Album at number one and Skrillex at number two. Also, for African music, check out Fela Kuti

In that poor persons defense, Skrillex doesn't actually have an LP out.... Laughing
As for Fela Kuti, I'll go do that right now.
  • Visit poster's website