Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/25/2011 03:56
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Just so we're clear:

2028 - Ozzy Osbourne dies during a concert. No one seems to notice until another five songs into the set, at this point they just couldn't tell the difference.
2030 - Pitchfork webzine is bought out by the Trident gum corporation.
2032 - Rabbit Lee's first album is released, is lauded by critics, and doesn't sell one copy, making it the highest-selling album of 2032.
2036 - The release of Keith Richard's long-awaited fifth solo album. Richards cites his amnesia for "spicing up his new sound" by making him forget his old one.
2041 - Tupac releases another posthumous album. "I don't even think Tupac is even on this album" complains a critic.
2043 - The Beatles travel forward in time via a DeLorean to steal Radiohead's 2016 Sgt. Pepper's tribute album, so that they can remake it in the past, creating a time paradox.
2044 - The members of Weezer are sentenced to death for releasing their thirty-fourth self-titled release and confusing everyone.
2050 - an_outlaw makes a list of the top 100 albums on BEA, despite being the last BEA member who's still alive after the "accident". Sends the list to the past.

Laughing

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 07/25/2011 03:59
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:
Or Rabbit Lee. He'll be big. The eponymous sixth album should be in there definitely.

I'm surprised you think that, since Rabbit Lee has been largely influenced by Radiohead.

"I try and make my own sound, but obviously Radiohead has a large influence on my music. They were one of, if not the best band of all time."
-Rabbit Lee (2032 interview with Rolling Stone 2.0)

I didn't say it is my cup of beer. I just said he'll be big. The kids of 2050 will have bad taste just as the kids of 2010.

Damn them kids and their music! When will they ever grow up?!
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 07/25/2011 04:02
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:
Or Rabbit Lee. He'll be big. The eponymous sixth album should be in there definitely.

I'm surprised you think that, since Rabbit Lee has been largely influenced by Radiohead.

"I try and make my own sound, but obviously Radiohead has a large influence on my music. They were one of, if not the best band of all time."

I didn't say it is my cup of beer. I just said he'll be big. The kids of 2050 will have bad taste just as the kids of 2010.

Woah, woah, it's way too soon to be making jokes about the tragic anti-growth-hormone spill of 2049.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 07/25/2011 04:03
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:

I can already see it. The battle of 2049 (as only An Outlaw will be around in 2050) will be two tons of kids hailing Rabbit Lee as the greatest thing since sliced mountain dew, and a handful of rapidly balding, self-proclaimed defenders of REAL music telling them about the greatness of The Radioheads and Animal Collective and how music has been in a steady decline since those days.

...and GARY posting Iron Maiden videos of course...
  • Visit poster's website
jbarajas

United States

• Posted: 07/25/2011 04:08
  • Post subject:
who is rabbit lee?... or is this all satire i assume
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 07/25/2011 04:15
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:

I can already see it. The battle of 2049 (as only An Outlaw will be around in 2050) will be two tons of kids hailing Rabbit Lee as the greatest thing since sliced mountain dew, and a handful of rapidly balding, self-proclaimed defenders of REAL music telling them about the greatness of The Radioheads and Animal Collective and how music has been in a steady decline since those days.

So there's no hope then? 21st century music can't be ALL bad.

Maybe this is the real future of music:

Link

She (it?) could literally be popping out records for centuries.
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 07/25/2011 04:19
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:

So there's no hope then? 21st century music can't be ALL bad.

Maybe this is the real future of music:

Link

She (it?) could literally be popping out records for centuries.

I'd hit that.

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/25/2011 05:26
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:

Yes I will Bork

I will be in a cryogenic chamber till 2050

Then I will be thawed out

And I will look smashing baby Very Happy

• Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 07/25/2011 05:41
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:

Yes I will Bork

And I will look smashing baby :D

No, no, GARY will be shot dead by Kanye West in 2024 during the filming of the music video for Kanye's hit single "Check It Out, I Shot Gary In The Freakin' Face" (Kanye himself dies in 2025, when he opts to have his entire body plated in gold without realizing the fatal implications).

GARY will be brought back to life in 2049 as a cyborg to fight off the rabid Rabbit Lee fans. Ironically, he is later killed by a solid gold-plated Kanye West, fired out of a canon by Jhereko.

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/25/2011 05:43
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
GARY wrote:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Bork wrote:

Yes I will Bork

And I will look smashing baby Very Happy

No, no, GARY will be shot dead by Kanye West in 2024 during the filming of the music video for Kanye's hit single "Check It Out, I Shot Gary In The Freakin' Face" (Kanye himself dies in 2025, when he opts to have his entire body plated in gold without realizing the fatal implications).

GARY will be brought back to life in 2049 as a cyborg to fight off the rabid Rabbit Lee fans. Ironically, he is later killed by a solid gold-plated Kanye West, fired out of a canon by Jhereko.

JHEREKO Evil or Very Mad

• Visit poster's website