David Crosby

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 08/05/2011 19:40
  • Post subject: David Crosby
I listened to a very good album by him called 'If I Could Only Remember My Name'. I went to read on what else there is to listen to by him but found a bunch of unheard albums and negative reviews.

Was that his only good album? I liked the overall sound on the one I listened to, do any of his others sound like that? Be a shame if there is nothing else good by him Sad
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 08/05/2011 20:00
  • Post subject: Re: David Crosby
an_outlaw wrote:
I listened to a very good album by him called 'If I Could Only Remember My Name'. I went to read on what else there is to listen to by him but found a bunch of unheard albums and negative reviews.

Was that his only good album? I liked the overall sound on the one I listened to, do any of his others sound like that? Be a shame if there is nothing else good by him :(

I am assuming you've gone through all the Byrds and CS&N (&Y) stuff he was in on. Other than that he made a couple albums with Graham Nash that weren't all that bad (although not great). His later solo stuff is not that interesting sadly.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 08/05/2011 20:27
Bork wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:

Was that his only good album? I liked the overall sound on the one I listened to, do any of his others sound like that? Be a shame if there is nothing else good by him Sad

I am assuming you've gone through all the Byrds and CS&N (&Y) stuff he was in on. Other than that he made a couple albums with Graham Nash that weren't all that bad (although not great). His later solo stuff is not that interesting sadly.

I haven't listened to any Byrds albums and he is the Crosby in Crosby Stills and Nash? Shocked Makes sense.
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 08/05/2011 20:35
an_outlaw wrote:
Bork wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:

I haven't listened to any Byrds albums and he is the Crosby in Crosby Stills and Nash? Shocked Makes sense.

Well, if you liked IICORMN then you should like The Byrds and CSN and CSNY. There is a wealth of great music between the 3 bands. Very Happy

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 08/05/2011 20:36
GARY wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:
Bork wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:

Try CS&N before the Byrds...I think they'd have a slightly higher appeal to you.

Well, if you liked IICORMN then you should like The Byrds and CSN and CSNY. There is a wealth of great music between the 3 bands. Very Happy

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 08/05/2011 20:40
Hayden wrote:
GARY wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:
Bork wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:

Try CS&N before the Byrds...I think they'd have a slightly higher appeal to you.

Question

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 08/05/2011 21:38
GARY wrote:
Hayden wrote:
GARY wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:
Bork wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:

Question

For some reason my typing went there? Confused Shocked

Woops Laughing
  • Visit poster's website