Incubus

View previous topic :: View next topic
Words

• Posted: 08/18/2017 04:46
  • Post subject: Incubus
I just saw them live recently and I was taken away. They really aren't revolutionary by any means but it sure feels like home when I listen to them now. Has anyone here been to the West coast? In between San Fran and La? And If anybody points out my major renovations in my chart it was pretty outdated before I made it. It's time to organize it a bit.
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 08/18/2017 07:30
  • Post subject: Re: Incubus
Words wrote:
I just saw them live recently and I was taken away. They really aren't revolutionary by any means but it sure feels like home when I listen to them now. Has anyone here been to the West coast? In between San Fran and La? And If anybody points out my major renovations in my chart it was pretty outdated before I made it. It's time to organize it a bit.

Yeah dude. I live out here. I saw Incubus along with Jimmy Eat World on Monday. Where/when did you see them?
  • Visit poster's website
Words

• Posted: 08/18/2017 08:00
StreetSpirit wrote:
Yeah dude. I live out here. I saw Incubus along with Jimmy Eat World on Monday. Where/when did you see them?

I saw them 2-3 Days ago in Fresno. I got really lost in the music. I was born in SLO and I feel the real beach towns are places like Pismo and Morro bay. Just so relaxing. I know that's random but I just wanted to get it out.
Space-Dementia

United States

• Posted: 08/18/2017 15:15
  • Post subject:
I always thought Incubus were pretty cheesy, but "Dig" is a song I can't get enough of. That transition into the chorus is beautiful.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 08/18/2017 16:58
Words wrote:
I saw them 2-3 Days ago in Fresno. I got really lost in the music. I was born in SLO and I feel the real beach towns are places like Pismo and Morro bay. Just so relaxing. I know that's random but I just wanted to get it out.

I know what you mean. I haven't been to the Pismo/San Luis Obispo area in years, but I remember it being very chill, kinda like Malibu and Santa Barbara only quieter/less crowded because you're not near LA or in a college town. If the Incubus show reminded you of your hometown, that's cool. But I guess now you live near Fresno, a bit different from SLO, haha.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2017 02:17
  • Post subject:
I have had a hard time getting back into Incubus since they went on hiatus.
  • Visit poster's website
Words

• Posted: 08/20/2017 06:23
StreetSpirit wrote:
I know what you mean. I haven't been to the Pismo/San Luis Obispo area in years, but I remember it being very chill, kinda like Malibu and Santa Barbara only quieter/less crowded because you're not near LA or in a college town. If the Incubus show reminded you of your hometown, that's cool. But I guess now you live near Fresno, a bit different from SLO, haha.

It's REALLY different haha. Our crime is worse then Compton's and we are ranked 3rd in the worst air quality in the US! But I'm getting Off topic
AAL2014

United States

• Posted: 08/20/2017 17:33
  • Post subject:
Incubus might not have reinvented the wheel, but I like a lot of their stuff and they are a very tight band.

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. has become one of my favorite albums, and with that record, I think they pulled off that style better than most of their contemporaries.