To the Moderators and Admins and such...

View previous topic :: View next topic
Words

• Posted: 08/19/2017 07:33
  • Post subject: To the Moderators and Admins and such...
I did a lesson on coding a few weeks ago and it was very complicated, but fun! I got to thinking after the song suggestions vote how much tedious work must be put into the site by Albummaster. I mean, an album pick every day and a chart with thorough descriptions. Not to mention a database with who knows how many albums. There is no way AM could do this by himself, in fact he's (she?)not. You've seen the Moderators and Admins several times on the sight and maybe you've gotten to know these people personally. I was reading g a sticky thread from Romanelli saying how they need more help with the site. I'm not to keen on computer knowledge but my dad works on servers all day and he will be the the first to tell you how stressful it is. I know the site isn't as big as that server but I figure it is hard to juggle with a job and maybe a family. Because of their sacrafice of time they can let other people talk about what we all love, just guess. I couldn't do what these guys and gals do, It's just to complicated for me. So I wanted to get this out and say thanks to you guys for what you do Applause I've discovered a lot of music in just the past 2 years because of the site and it really helps me get through the day. Thank you for the time you put in and just know that your work is DEEPLY appreciated! I'm sorry if this sounds preachy or if the work is actually easy and I'm just acting crazy but I just wanted it to be said.

God bless!
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/19/2017 11:17
  • Post subject: Re: To the Moderators and Admins and such...
Thanks for your feedback. The site only works because lots of people here contribute. From moderation, to people making charts and posting on the forums, the site really would be nothing without the various contributions from all of the people that visit, so it's a big joint effort from everybody (with some a little more than others Wink ).
  • Visit poster's website
Moved: 08/19/2017 11:17 by albummaster
From Music to Suggestions
Brad1770
Level 11

Australia

• Posted: 09/03/2017 00:08
  • Post subject: Requesting help to support the site
Hi team , I am relatively new to this site & love it . As a 50 yo life long music fan I feel I have a lot to contribute. Call me a noob but can you please tell me how I can
(1) Add albums not listed?
(2) Help moderate listed albums requiring data?
(3) Locate albums requiring data ?

Very much appreciated
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 09/03/2017 09:23
  • Post subject: Re: Requesting help to support the site
Brad1770 wrote:
Hi team , I am relatively new to this site & love it . As a 50 yo life long music fan I feel I have a lot to contribute. Call me a noob but can you please tell me how I can
(1) Add albums not listed?
(2) Help moderate listed albums requiring data?
(3) Locate albums requiring data ?

Very much appreciated

Hi,

1. For an album to be listed, it first needs to be added to a chart and it'll then appear on the site.
2. Album data can be updated by clicking through to the admin page for each album from the relevant album page (using this icon )
3. Albums with missing data can be located from the newly added albums page. There are a series of filters that can be selected from the top of this page to identify any albums with missing data.

Hope this helps...
  • Visit poster's website