NFL 2017-2018

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 08/26/2017 20:33
  • Post subject: NFL 2017-2018
Edelman is out for the season with a torn ACL. There goes our chance at history! Crying or Very sad

I know u y'all feel really bad for me. lol

Part of me still thinks we can do it!!! Twisted Evil
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 09/08/2017 04:28
  • Post subject:
Huh, that season opener was somewhat unexpected.
  • Visit poster's website
Words

• Posted: 09/09/2017 06:35
  • Post subject:
StreetSpirit wrote:

Whatever with dem Patriots....Giants 4 Life!!1!
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 09/09/2017 12:40
  • Post subject:
StreetSpirit wrote:

idk. I think the big takeaway is that The Chiefs looked awesome. Adam Smith was on fire and that knew rookie running back was lights out.

It's not surprising that Brady looked average. He was clearly missing Edelman. I've always thought Edelman was more important than Gronk and last night proved it. If Amendola is okay, and he can build a better connection with Chris Hogan (who was surprisingly invisible for most of the game) than the Pats will be okay. Edelman is a huge stud. He will be missed. To think the Pats were going to look like the Pats without him was bit delusional.

Boy though. Adam Smith looked awesome!
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 09/09/2017 18:22
  • Post subject:
I'm sure the Pats will still have a good season and win the AFC East, but I question their defense after seeing the Chiefs pick them apart.

With that, here are my 2017 predictions:

AFC East

1. NE (11-5). Missing Edelman, Tom Brady now over 40, and the questionable defensive performance Thur against KC makes me expect some regression from the 14-2 campaign last year. I'm thinking 11 or 12 wins, enough to win this weak division.
2. BUF (7-9). They've consistently been winning 6-9 games a year for about the last decade. Why bet against that?
3. MIA (5-11). I don't expect Jay Cutler to deliver for an injured Ryan Tannehill.
4. NYJ (2-14). Uh...

AFC North

1. PIT (12-4). Explosive offense led by Big Ben and Bell will propel the Steelers to another division championship.
2. BAL (9-7). There's enough talent here for a winning team, possibly playoffs.
3. CIN (8-8 ). I'll predict a better record than last year, but too many question marks to predict a winner.
4. CLE (4-12). And that would be a 3-win improvement. If all these draft picks they've been hoarding for years put something together, they could win even more. But let's no go too far. This is Cleveland. Maybe they can be .500 by 2019.

AFC South

1. TEN (9-7). Everyone else seems to be predicting them to win this division.
2. HOU (9-7). Their defense is awesome. We know that much.
3. IND (8-8 ). The story of the past two years...great offense led by Luck, crappy defense, 8-8 record. However, Indy made several draft picks and offseason moves to improve the defense. At the same time, now Luck's health is under question. If things work out, Indy could win the division. If they don't, they could finish last.
4. JAX (5-11). We're still waiting for the day JAX has a breakout year.

AFC West

1. KC (12-4). Yeah I'm a little biased after seeing what they did to NE in the 4th quarter Thursday night. They looked and played like a sound team on both sides of the ball, and took down the reigning champs on their home field. That says something.
2. OAK (11-5). Ok they added Marshawn Lynch, but what did they do to improve their defense this offseason?
3. DEN (7-9). Inexperienced coaches and quarterbacks will weigh Denver down, while their great defense won't be able to hold in some key division games against the offenses of KC and OAK.
4. LAC (5-11). New city, new coach, aging Rivers whose heart is still in SD, and whose arm who threw too many INTs last year. 2017 isn't gonna go well. Go back to SD. I don't want you here making LA traffic terrible even on Sundays now.

NFC East

1. NYG (9-7). Defensively sound. Experienced QB, but lacking in weapons. OBJ carried the team last year and apparently he isn't 100% ready to go this year. A winning season nonetheless.
2. DAL (9-7). Key losses on defense and Zeke's suspension will cause some regression from last year's 12-4 season. But a winning season once again.
3. PHI (9-7). The additions of Blount at RB and Alshon at WR will give Wentz better weapons to throw/hand off to. The question is whether or not their D will hold against good offenses, which they play many this year. Perhaps 9-7 is bold but they're my team. I want to be optimistic.
4. WAS (7-9). The Redskins are a dark horse. They played some great, and terrible football last year. Big question marks on both sides of the ball linger this year. If solved, WAS could be winners. If unsolved, 2017 could be very frustrating for the Skins.

NFC North

1. GB (11-5). Aaron Rodgers is the greatest QB ever. But he doesn't play defense. The Pack need their D to play better for a Super Bowl run, which is not out of the question. Their draft choices focused on defense, which could improve. But we need to see it to believe it.
2. DET (8-7-1). The Lions relied too much on 2nd half comebacks last year. Will that work again in 2017? There's a tie game every so often in the NFL. And if there's gonna be a tie game this year, it's gonna be DET making another comeback, but falling short at the end.
3. MIN (6-9-1). MIN will be the other team in the tie game. They'll have a lead, blow it, but come away even...like last year's Vikings who started 5-1 and finished 8-8. But that regression will continue into 2017.
4. CHI (2-14). Who plays for this team anyway?

NFC South

A rebound year for Carolina. A rising TB team. Drew Brees's ability to make magic in New Orleans. Can Atlanta outscore them all? I have no idea what to predict for this division. They could finish in any order and I wouldn't be surprised.

NFC West

1. SEA (12-4). A great team with an easy schedule. LA, SF, and the AFC South should give them 7 wins right there. They only have to go 5-3 against everyone else to finish 12-4. Seems reasonable.
2. ARZ (9-7). A slight rebound year for the Cards, possibly playoff-worthy.
3. LAR (3-13)
4. SF (3-13)
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 09/09/2017 19:04
  • Post subject:
Being the life-long Chiefs fan that I am; I'm not overly enthused because I know we'll probably just lose in the first round of the playoffs. We also lost Eric Berry which is a huge blow to leadership and team morale. However, I believe that we'll win the west pretty handily, barring a stellar Radiers squad.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 09/09/2017 19:45
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Being the life-long Chiefs fan that I am; I'm not overly enthused because I know we'll probably just lose in the first round of the playoffs. We also lost Eric Berry which is a huge blow to leadership and team morale. However, I believe that we'll win the west pretty handily, barring a stellar Raiders squad.

I didn't know about Berry until I read this. Doesn't change my prediction of KC winning the West. I'm not making playoff predictions anytime soon, too far off. But if I was a Chiefs fan right now, I think I'd be more enthusiastic given what happened Thursday night.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 09/09/2017 21:24
  • Post subject:
StreetSpirit wrote:
I didn't know about Berry until I read this. Doesn't change my prediction of KC winning the West. I'm not making playoff predictions anytime soon, too far off. But if I was a Chiefs fan right now, I think I'd be more enthusiastic given what happened Thursday night.

i know, right. But Berry was an absolute BEAST covering Gronk. Injuries that take out key players from a team identity totally suck.
  • Visit poster's website
Words

• Posted: 09/09/2017 21:52
  • Post subject:
So I have an amazing story about my team! When I was 7 everyone in my family was pushing what my football team should be. Mostly Raiders but I got 49ers and Cowboys here and there. We were poor and my mom bought me football cards for novelty. I asked who these two players were and she said "Peyton and Eli Manning." When we were checking out I saw a magazine related to the Super Bowl, I asked my mom about it and she explained. Haha, I said "My team is the New York Giants and they're gonna win the Super Bowl!!!" Guess what, THEY DID! 17-14 against the Patriots! My whole family bout lost their minds! I still have those cards somewhere. I also have those playoff games and the Super Bowl on DVD! I also remember going to a friend's birthday party and talking to these older guys. They were 49ers fans and they were boasting about Kapernick. I said my team was the Giants and they were like "Pffft, they ain't nothing this year."
They won the Super Bowl again that year....and they beat the 49ers to get there Laughing
I know it's a complicated way to say my team is the Giants but there was a story that needed to be said Applause Cool
Could not make this up if I wanted too
Do you know how many Mexicans I knew that were like "Rub my hands, give me sum of you luck mijo!"
creator

United States

• Posted: 09/09/2017 22:01
  • Post subject:
StreetSpirit wrote:

4. CHI (2-14). Who plays for this team anyway?

Low, but not undeserved. The last three years have been almost unbearable (especially last year), but I think the Bears will be a much better team this year. The defense is really clicking and the offense is... existent. I don't think the NFC North is a strong division either.
  • Visit poster's website