Guitar Nerd Albums - post 'em

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
rkm

• Posted: 11/10/2017 10:53
  • Post subject:
These albums blew me away when I first heard them. I didn't know a guitar could do that. And for a while, I wanted to be Tuck Andress.

Tears Of Joy by Tuck And Patti

Reckless Precision by Tuck Andress
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 11/10/2017 12:55
  • Post subject:
Temporary33 wrote:
Not gonna lie, I really dislike this huge trend of posting album covers after linking an album. At the very minimal, make them smaller.

Not a trend, my friend. Insert BEA link: it provides both the link and the album cover for you in one easy step. Not sure why it started using the largest image recently, but I like it, too. This is a site about albums. Why would you not want a link and the associated artwork to go with it? And for a lot of people, album cover art is important. It is for me. And the larger image gets you a better view. I never use BEA on my phone, so I don't know if maybe that's the source of your annoyance...
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
glynspsa

United States

• Posted: 11/10/2017 15:30
  • Post subject:

Shrine Exposition Hall, Los Angeles, CA...teful Dead
  • Visit poster's website
Temporary33

• Posted: 11/10/2017 17:56
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
Not a trend, my friend. Insert BEA link: it provides both the link and the album cover for you in one easy step. Not sure why it started using the largest image recently, but I like it, too. This is a site about albums. Why would you not want a link and the associated artwork to go with it? And for a lot of people, album cover art is important. It is for me. And the larger image gets you a better view. I never use BEA on my phone, so I don't know if maybe that's the source of your annoyance...

A few points. You don't need a picture or link to look up an album, but if the overall userbase likes that, then it's ok. Also, it's easier to just type out the names of the artist and album. People are literally taking the harder route to share albums because of a format that I personally find annoying.

However, the biggest issue I have with it is that it makes it very unappealing to get to anything. First I have to read a link that's in light blue/cyan which is just terrible in my opinion. My screen is bright like I assume everyone else, that sort of colour is harder on the eyes. I don't know anything about link sharing, but if this is a necessary colour, then why not just type out the name of the album? Anyways, second, I have to scroll through maybe an average of 5 - 10 albums to even read the next post. Normally I want to read the whole thread before actually listening to any albums and this makes it extremely difficult to actually do. On top of that, if most albums are ones you've listened, then you need to scroll through so many before actually finding an album. Terrible user experience. The third thing is that anyone who doesn't post links is overshadowed by this forcing them to post links instead of not doing such which makes the page more unnecessarily cluttered. The artwork isn't the information I want to see, the name of artist and album is the important information so why is the artwork so fucking huge? That's the least important part! Fourth is that non-album related posts get overshadowed so it's harder to discuss recommendations within the thread and see interesting discussion.

There are more reasons, but it's kind of obvious that this sort of format is terrible, at least to me, from a user experience perspective.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 11/10/2017 23:57
  • Post subject:
Temporary33 wrote:
A few points. You don't need a picture or link to look up an album, but if the overall userbase likes that, then it's ok. Also, it's easier to just type out the names of the artist and album. People are literally taking the harder route to share albums because of a format that I personally find annoying.

However, the biggest issue I have with it is that it makes it very unappealing to get to anything. First I have to read a link that's in light blue/cyan which is just terrible in my opinion. My screen is bright like I assume everyone else, that sort of colour is harder on the eyes. I don't know anything about link sharing, but if this is a necessary colour, then why not just type out the name of the album? Anyways, second, I have to scroll through maybe an average of 5 - 10 albums to even read the next post. Normally I want to read the whole thread before actually listening to any albums and this makes it extremely difficult to actually do. On top of that, if most albums are ones you've listened, then you need to scroll through so many before actually finding an album. Terrible user experience. The third thing is that anyone who doesn't post links is overshadowed by this forcing them to post links instead of not doing such which makes the page more unnecessarily cluttered. The artwork isn't the information I want to see, the name of artist and album is the important information so why is the artwork so fucking huge? That's the least important part! Fourth is that non-album related posts get overshadowed so it's harder to discuss recommendations within the thread and see interesting discussion.

There are more reasons, but it's kind of obvious that this sort of format is terrible, at least to me, from a user experience perspective.

It's not harder, and it's so much less work.

The album glynspa posted above. All you have to do is type in the "Insert BEA Link" box above:

shrine ex

Click the link it gives you

And you have album art and a link to the album on BEA. It's absolutely as simple as could be. And you get a direct path to the album. By typing less than 10 characters.

Are you using BEA on a phone? My screen is not too bright at all. Brightness on a computer and a phone is something that you can control yourself. And if you don't like images...I have seen (I think) forums where users can opt to turn off images. Maybe that's possible here? Maybe something to ask AM about.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Temporary33

• Posted: 11/11/2017 00:10
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:

It's not harder, and it's so much less work.

is type in the "Insert BEA Link" box above:

shrine ex

Click the link it gives you

And you have album art and a link to the album on BEA. It's absolutely as simple as could be. And you get a direct path to the album. By typing less than 10 characters.

Are you using BEA on a phone? My screen is not too bright at all. Brightness on a computer and a phone is something that you can control yourself. And if you don't like images...I have seen (I think) forums where users can opt to turn off images. Maybe that's possible here? Maybe something to ask AM about.

That's actually pretty clever. I see the disparity between the amount of effort.

I'm not using a phone. My complaints come from using a computer. I think most of them accurately portray the issue though I see the benefit of utilizing BEA generated links over not doing so.
  • Visit poster's website
Daydreamer

• Posted: 11/11/2017 11:45
  • Post subject:

Ah Via Musicom by Eric Johnson

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Visit poster's website
rkm