2018 Albums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/01/2018 02:38
  • Post subject:
So far Twin Fantasy (Face to Face) is my favorite 2018 release, but Mark Kozelek's upcoming album was extremely entertaining. Honestly, he could make the whole album about diarrhea and I'd still find it extremely entertaining because his stream of consciousness approach to writing always grabs my attention and I cannot explain why. Everything's Fine blew past my expectations. I was expecting some dated jazz rap, but it made me wanna bounce. A commanding top 3 as this first half of 2018 draws nearer to the finish.
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 05/01/2018 10:10
  • Post subject:
April 2018 may be one of my favorite months for new music in recent memory, just for Autechre NTS Sessions and Daphne and Celeste Save the World (which came out March 30th so I associate it more with April) alone but also the new Jemh Circs album is really fantastic granular youtube plunderphonics and Sarah Davachi's album had me covered for when I needed to slow down and Christina Vantzou had that covered from a different angle that was also really solid and Acre - Hollow Body came in with a distinct take on that sort of futuristic broken club type of sound but with a personal warmth that you don't usually get from that sort of thing and Ashley Paul - Lost In Shadows brought a really cool warped take on acoustic instrumentation put into song form and Drinks and Anteloper and Grouper and Astor all had cool stuff and then there's C.L.S.I. Ensemble with a really cool performance of Stockhausen's Kurzwellen. And I probably missed a lot too.
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 05/03/2018 09:20
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:

Until Death Call My Name by YoungBoy Never Broke Again

Another amazing release from a rapper with unsettling criminal charges.

Keep having to have that internal 'art from the artist' internal debate when it comes to Hip Hop lately.

Always had potential, but this album finally sees him beginning to fulfil it, even if fulfilling potential in his case appears to amount to rapping more like Kevin Gates.
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 05/03/2018 17:02
  • Post subject:
2018 keeps getting better. Trevor Powers (fka Youth Lagoon) has returned from his hiatus with a new single. Youth Lagoon's 'Year of Hibernation' is one of my favorite albums of all time, and has changed my life since it's release.

Here's the single:

Link

One of the best songs of the year imo! Smile
  • Visit poster's website
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 05/04/2018 15:14
  • Post subject:
If you like house music (maybe you at least liked A.A.L's album this year) check out this new DJ Koze record. Excellent, as to be expected with him. Plus a Bon Iver feature Cool !

Knock Knock by DJ Koze
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 05/05/2018 23:42
  • Post subject:
new Styles P is p nice. Pretty by the numbers but hey I didn't even know dude had a new album coming out so I'll take it.

New Cut Chemist also not bad but very uneven, but like hearing Chemist/Edan/Lif reunite on the opening track was a treat
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 05/06/2018 06:43
  • Post subject:
3 icelandic albums made my top 20 last year. none yet this go 'round. anyyyone got something worth munchin on?
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 05/06/2018 06:59
  • Post subject:
haven't really heard of any so that got me looking to check, RYM only has 4 releases that show up when you search, Discogs has 54 though their country designation is based on label so it's not perfect but you can find stuff that way. It looks like Högni Egilsson from your 2017 chart has something coming out next week http://www.radiobongo.net/
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/06/2018 09:15
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:
3 icelandic albums made my top 20 last year. none yet this go 'round. anyyyone got something worth munchin on?

Strangely, I was thinking about that not too long ago. Europe's had a pretty eclectic release schedule so far this year, but from what I can tell there haven't been any major Icelandic albums released this year apart from a single house record. Johan Johansson's final two scores have been officially released, but other than that there's been nothing. Hoping those crazy cold people cook something up this year.
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 05/07/2018 15:33
  • Post subject:
Tap wrote:
haven't really heard of any so that got me looking to check, RYM only has 4 releases that show up when you search, Discogs has 54 though their country designation is based on label so it's not perfect but you can find stuff that way. It looks like Högni Egilsson from your 2017 chart has something coming out next week http://www.radiobongo.net/

that's 54 albums more than i've heard from them this year, so it's somewhere to start. thank you for the list.

Hayden wrote:
Strangely, I was thinking about that not too long ago. Europe's had a pretty eclectic release schedule so far this year, but from what I can tell there haven't been any major Icelandic albums released this year apart from a single house record. Johan Johansson's final two scores have been officially released, but other than that there's been nothing. Hoping those crazy cold people cook something up this year.

i realize i live in a city with double Iceland's population, but it's still kind of weird to me... for such a small country, they've got an incredible batting average, and to go almost half-way into the year without hearing anything out of Iceland is a bit odd.