Album of the day (#2957): Fever by Kylie Minogue

View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/18/2019 21:00
  • Post subject: Album of the day (#2957): Fever by Kylie Minogue
Today's album of the day

Fever by Kylie Minogue (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 2001.
Overall rank: 1,943
Average rating: 70/100 (from 104 votes).

Tracks:
1. More More More
2. Love At First Sight
3. Can't Get You Out Of My Head
4. Fever
5. Give It To Me
6. Fragile
7. Come Into My World
8. In Your Eyes
9. Dancefloor
10. Love Affair
11. Your Love
12. Burning Up

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Visit poster's website
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMaster

United States

• Posted: 01/18/2019 21:34
  • Post subject:
Great album... cover.
  • Visit poster's website
antiquusxy

• Posted: 01/18/2019 23:29
  • Post subject:
all the singles are very impressive but doesn't hold up well as an entire album - her follow-up "body language" does though , hella underrated
DommeDamian
Imperfect, sensitive Aspie with a melody addiction

Denmark

• Posted: 01/19/2019 11:44
  • Post subject:
The self-proclaimed Australian pop princess is an enterprising woman who, despite countless ups and downs, always came again. After her great success Light Years, she was quickly back on track with the discopumping Fever. Here, she sighs and groans herself through one clumsy disco cloth after the other.
Fever has by no means grasped the sparkling freshness, which there was a bit of on the well-lighted Light Years. On the album she sounds like the previous photo model trying to get the look to sing a few extra songs. A bit annoying considering that Kylie Minogue can do better than just look naughty. She is a solid singer, who with the right melodies in her mouth has a fine pop potential. You just can't hear it at Fever, which is a revival of the otherwise dead dozen disco, which Madonna in a distant past twisted her hips, and Cher still can make money on.
Fever has set the remote control to discoretro and given it a clinical cut where Kylie Minogue's strained groans have difficulty listening sexually in an ice cold sound that is otherwise only used by American teenage bands. The songbird may have winds in the big media gills, but musically she has been taken by a random throwing wind.

If you was young (teen) att this record came out, at least 10 better albums came out the same month Think

Last edited by DommeDamian on 01/19/2019 17:06; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 01/19/2019 12:11
  • Post subject:
Yeah, I prefer Body Language overall, but the singles from this sparkle. Far superior to, say, post-Justified Timberlake, if we're comparing artists within the same wheelhouse, and infinitely more likeable than 21st century Madonna, too. Somewhat uncool and perhaps kinda fluffy when compared to Robyn's 2005 comeback, but a quiet trendsetter regardless, and I don't consider it a stretch to suggest that this - and, in particular, the effervescent 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' - left an impression on the sonic architect(s) of 'Be Mine!', to give an obvious example. Not a record I feel the need to hear often, but one that shouldn't be readily discounted or dismissed (especially not by Hopsin fans).
DommeDamian
Imperfect, sensitive Aspie with a melody addiction

Denmark

• Posted: 01/19/2019 12:38
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Yeah, I prefer Body Language overall, but the singles from this sparkle. Far superior to, say, post-Justified Timberlake, if we're comparing artists within the same wheelhouse, and infinitely more likeable than 21st century Madonna, too. Somewhat uncool and perhaps kinda fluffy when compared to Robyn's 2005 comeback, but a quiet trendsetter regardless, and I don't consider it a stretch to suggest that this - and, in particular, the effervescent 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' - left an impression on the sonic architect(s) of 'Be Mine!', to give an obvious example. Not a record I feel the need to hear often, but one that shouldn't be readily discounted or dismissed (especially not by Hopsin fans).[/i]

In comparison with Timberlake, imo this album is way more lifeless and lacks passion from the direct artist. FutureSex/LoveSounds is funkier, fresher, catchier, timeless and way more innovative, still to this day. This has nothing to do with trendsetting, but rather what stands tall after all years 4 specific listeners. Props that CGYOoMH did what it did - and it most certainly ain't the worst single ever, - but the production feels flat in comparisons with singles from FSLS or Justified's lovely Like I Love You, Rock Your Body (definitely), and Take Me Now. And it most likely is up to the producers of that song, with the sonic architects thing, not really Kylie herself. Not to mention many many records (Timberlake included) leaves massive impressions on many architects overall Neutral
Finally, I failed to see what Hopsin has to do with my intelligence of music or any of this.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
CharlieBarley

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/20/2019 22:28
  • Post subject:
Would liven up any disco!
I love this album.
  • Visit poster's website