REDACTED

Last edited by Tha1ChiefRocka on 10/16/2019 23:14; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 10/16/2019 23:13
  • Post subject:
Thought about making a new diary, but I figured I'll just pull this one out of the grave.

Couple of other users are already doing this, and, since I'm going through my reevaluation of the 2010s, I figured I should pore over some albums from the last 10 years that are already considered classics or may deserve some more recognition.

Hopefully someone will find a keepr for their own 2010's chart.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 10/17/2019 03:02
  • Post subject:

Innocence by I Am A Lake Of Burning Orchids

Year: 2011

Genre: Harsh Noise, Ambient, Industrial Techno?

If you're not overly familiar with Noise, then this one is probably not for you. It'd be jumping into the deep end.

There's been some great noise albums to come out in the 2010's by Lingua Ignota, Yellow Swans, Uboa, and Prurient, to name a few, but this album has slowly become one of my favorites in the genre. It all comes down to dynamics. Not many noise albums handle that very well. It's either balls to the wall, straight up blasting you in the face with cacophony, or some moody build ups to cataclysm. This mysterious album (I can find absolutely no info on it's creator) Can flip a switch at a moments notice. Very few albums can go from pure chaos to ambience quite as smoothly as this album does, which makes it a standout in the genre. This album also succeeds in adding some beats on it's longer tracks "Superclub" and "Home", to create some nice and noisy music for the club. Those two tracks are certainly standouts, but the most inspiring track on this album has to be the first one. Shrieks of pure agony have never sounded this real or desperate on a piece of recorded music before. I think the artist may have actually been dying, which is why I can't find anything on the damn guy. It's not the most groundbreaking thing you'll hear, but I think it hits a lot of high notes through it's runtime that warrant repeat listening.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2019 23:35
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Innocence by I Am A Lake Of Burning Orchids

Genre: Harsh Noise, Ambient, Industrial Techno?

If you're not overly familiar with Noise, then this one is probably not for you. It'd be jumping into the deep end.

There's been some great noise albums to come out in the 2010's by Lingua Ignota, Yellow Swans, Uboa, and Prurient, to name a few, but this album has slowly become one of my favorites in the genre. It all comes down to dynamics. Not many noise albums handle that very well. It's either balls to the wall, straight up blasting you in the face with cacophony, or some moody build ups to cataclysm. This mysterious album (I can find absolutely no info on it's creator) Can flip a switch at a moments notice. Very few albums can go from pure chaos to ambience quite as smoothly as this album does, which makes it a standout in the genre. This album also succeeds in adding some beats on it's longer tracks "Superclub" and "Home", to create some nice and noisy music for the club. Those two tracks are certainly standouts, but the most inspiring track on this album has to be the first one. Shrieks of pure agony have never sounded this real or desperate on a piece of recorded music before. I think the artist may have actually been dying, which is why I can't find anything on the damn guy. It's not the most groundbreaking thing you'll hear, but I think it hits a lot of high notes through it's runtime that warrant repeat listening.

Sounds awesome. will have to check it out.

Super sorry about Mahomes, brother. That just sucks. Hopefully he'll be back in 3 weeks.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 10/20/2019 01:05
  • Post subject:
Haha, yeah, the screams on this album may actually have been me and the other 2.5 million in the KC area when we saw Mahomes go down. Sad
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 10/20/2019 04:35
  • Post subject:

Badlands by Dirty Beaches

Genre: Lo-fi, Garage Rock, Rockabilly

Track Picks: Lord Knows Best, A Hundred Highways

Anybody else remember when an undead Hasil Adkins released a posthumous album under the guise of a Taiwanese immigrant living in Canada? This album was an anomaly when it came out, and I still think it is. Sure, it's a tad gimicky, and it was probably done better by The Cramps or someone else, but this still rocks and rolls. It rolls by in a quick 27 minutes, so go ahead and give this a listen or a relisten if you're inclined. Also, "Lord Knows Best" is an all-timer; something that is rightly described as being Lynchian.

For those unfamiliar with Hasil Adkins. I think the production sounds pretty similar.

Link
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 10/20/2019 14:19
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Badlands by Dirty Beaches

Genre: Lo-fi, Garage Rock, Rockabilly

Track Picks: Lord Knows Best, A Hundred Highways

Anybody else remember when an undead Hasil Adkins released a posthumous album under the guise of a Taiwanese immigrant living in Canada? This album was an anomaly when it came out, and I still think it is. Sure, it's a tad gimicky, and it was probably done better by The Cramps or someone else, but this still rocks and rolls. It rolls by in a quick 27 minutes, so go ahead and give this a listen or a relisten if you're inclined. Also, "Lord Knows Best" is an all-timer; something that is rightly described as being Lynchian.

For those unfamiliar with Hasil Adkins. I think the production sounds pretty similar.

Link
That sounds awesome, as a Cramps fan I think I have to check it out. Thanks!

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website