Forum moderators

View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 09/08/2011 10:24
  • Post subject: Forum moderators
Following the message that was posted a couple of weeks ago regarding forum moderator volunteers, I'm pleased to announce three more people will be helping to moderate the forums. These people are: an_outlaw, Jhereko & joyofdivision. All three are long-term members who have made a big contribution to BEA, and get on well with other people on the site.

All three will now have the ability to split, close, delete and move topics as well as helping to maintain a bit of order by keeping threads on topic. I'm not wanting things to be too intrusive, or to spoil the fun, just to add a tiny amount of order where it is necessary.

For anyone with concerns about these changes, there is little difference to where we are now (as I do this already), just that a few more people now have the ability to do this too.

Finally, nobody wants to see the site spoiled by a handful of people. To this end, a new feature has recently been added to the forums: This is the 'report post' button (the exclamation mark above each post) which allows people to report abusive posts. I will be keeping an eye on the usage to see where the problems are, and appropriate action will be taken to ensure the forums stay a fun and safe place for everybody.

Thank you to everybody for your support.

albummaster
  • Visit poster's website