An Idiot Listens to Western Music: Coll (2021)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 09/08/2018 22:01
  • Post subject:

Taverner & Tudor Music I: The Weste...ul Hillier

Era: Renaissance
Form: Cantus Firmus Mass
Score: 80
Thoughts: Unique experience. I'd listen to it in a rococo cathedral of sorts and consider it a unique experience, but not something I'd listen to on the regular, even if it was quite angelic and flowed beautifully.

Info from Gramophone:
Taverner’s Western Wynde Mass is often held up as one of the composer’s masterpieces. It is certainly one of his most influential works but I’m not sure whether, despite containing some of his finest writing, it quite transcends the four-square element in its construction. Of all the recordings I have heard, however, this new one from Ars Nova under Paul Hillier’s direction comes closest to dispelling those doubts. Tempi are brisk, the projection of the lines energetic; next to them, the Tallis Scholars’ version (Gimell, 9/93), though technically more assured overall, sounds cautious, not to say bland. In some of the fiercely demanding sections for reduced voices (the Benedictus, for example), the Danish singers are heard to strain but in the full sections they are as dynamic and outgoing as the music itself. As to the brief settings of the Kyrie (Leroy) and In pace with which the disc opens and closes, they show a more contemplative side to Taverner, to which Ars Nova respond most movingly.

Another of this disc’s strengths is the interleaving of the Mass with devotional part-songs drawn from the Fayrfax manuscript, which represents an earlier generation of English composers. Hillier’s earlier foray into this exciting repertory was the Hilliard Ensemble’s first recording, nearly 30 years ago (“Songs for a Tudor King” on Saga). While I believe it sounds best with solo voices (and what soloists they were!), Ars Nova handle it very sensitively. Cornysh’s Woefully arrayed is justly famous but as a fan of the incomparable John Browne I welcome the only available recording of his Jhesu, mercy. In all, a very valuable addition to the discography.

Info from Wikipedia.org:
Westron Wynde is an early 16th-century song whose tune was used as the basis (cantus firmus) of Masses by English composers John Taverner, Christopher Tye and John Sheppard. The tune first appears with words in a partbook of around 1530, which contains mainly keyboard music. Historians[citation needed] believe that the lyrics are a few hundred years older ('Middle English') and the words are a fragment of medieval poetry.

The lyrics of the original were decidedly secular:

'Westron wynde, when wilt thou blow,
The small raine down can raine.
Cryst, if my love were in my armes
And I in my bedde again!'
Recovering the original tune of Westron Wynde that was used in these Masses is not entirely straightforward. There is a version that uses the secular words, but with rather different notes
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 09/09/2018 14:46
  • Post subject:

Susato: Dansereye 1551 by Philip Picket...on Consort

Form: Saltarello
Score: 86
Thoughts: For those who like a beat. This is great music, great instrumentation, and you can dance to it. It was quite a breath of fresh air. There's only so many renditions of mass you can take, you know? Anyway, this is now topping out the Kassiani as my favorite discovered so far. It has dynamics and instrumentation and overall mindset that jives with me. Some of the instrumentation is REALLY cool. Highly recommend.

Info from medieval.org:
This CD presents a great variety of dances extracted from the book edited by Tielman Susato in 1551, the Derde Musyck boexken. All the genres are represented here (Pavan, gaillard, allemainge, Ronde...) and Pickett gives to each a particular ambiance, thanks to a rich set of instruments. More than 90 different instruments are used; among the well-supplied dances, listen particularly to the initail Fanfare, the pavan La Bataille, or the final Morique. The richness of the percussion has to be underlined. Some dances are based on famous chansons (La Bataille or Il Estoit une fillette of Clement Janequin), others are arranged in a cycle (the Ronde, Allemainge or Gaillarde), illustrating what was done for the dancers in the XVIth century. The very good realization of this recording gives me an irresistible desire to dance.

Info from Wikipedia.org:
The saltarello is a musical dance form originally from Italy. The first mention of it is in Add MS 29987, a late-fourteenth- or early fifteenth-century manuscript of Tuscan origin, now in the British Library.[1] It was played in a fast triple meter and is named for its peculiar leaping step, after the Italian verb saltare ("to jump"). This characteristic is also the basis of the German name Hoppertanz or Hupfertanz ("hopping dance"); other names include the French pas de Brabant and the Spanish alta or alta danza.

Info from Gramophone:
Listening to this disc is, to the ear, what participating in a delectable wine-tasting is to the palate. These 34 dances are performed in different settings with an almost endless variety of groupings of an astonishingly high number of authentic sixteenth-century instruments. Such diversity, so we are assured by Philip Pickett, is fully in accordance with what is known about sixteenth-century practice. Among the impressive array of between 20 and 30 different kinds of musical instruments, we find, besides the more courtly lutes and viols, a number of less usual ones, such as the Flemish 'rumble-pot', jingle-bells, and the rackett. Some are clearly rustic, or folk instruments. But Pickett tells us his aim has been to present his listeners with a programme designed ''along the lines of a very special evening's dancing and entertainment at one of the richest Flemish courts (perhaps that of Charles V himself or of one of the Habsburg Stadtholders).''
Indeed, the chief fascination of this recording, quite apart from the quality of the performances, lies in the skilful musical planning of the whole diverse sequence of items. 'Outdoor' sounds are contrasted with intimate 'indoor' music. Some items follow each other without interruption, for example, a set of Rondos (Nos. 4-10)—played with perfectly matching rhythm and tempo. But even within a single set of dances, individual items still have their own distinctive scoring and interpretation and thus a character all of their own. This makes for continuous discovery on the part of the listener and ensures the retention of his or her interest right through to the end.'
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 09/14/2018 04:36
  • Post subject:

Palestrina: Il Primo Libro De' Madrigal...o Italiano

Form: Madrigals
Thoughts: For those that like vocal music. This was a bit much/boring for me. It is ornate vocal music for sure and is quite the collection, but too much and not terribly interesting for my tastes.

From Gramophone:
Author:
mberry

Palestrina 1st Book of Madrigals
Madrigals, Book 1 (Il primo libro de madrigali)
This is a delightful collection of Italian madrigals, some contrapuntal but the majority syllabic and homophonic. Concerto Italiano have one great advantage over many ensembles: their natural daily familiarity with Italian, including that of earlier centuries. The texts themselves in this case are gems by such well known poets as Petrarch, casting their influence far beyond the confines of Italy.

What is particularly noticeable in this recording is the close cohesion between words and music. This is achieved to a large extent through variations of volume, variations one might describe as precise, colourful and dramatic. No timidity, no all-too-British restraint, but an exact and natural response in sound. The languishing is often brightened by little gleams of hope. Questa dogliosa stil calmo di pianto in particular might be said to show precision of meaning, a point so often skipped over and blurred, if not ignored altogether. It leads with vigour into the next phrase. In two or three places we are suddenly whisked away from sigh-heaving and melancholy to moments of merriment and joy.

As for drama, it is the intensity of feeling arising from these rapid changes of tiny melodic snatches that transforms the whole of this colourful composition. One example is to be found in Lontan dalla mia diva with its dramatic vocal exploits on the word “tormenti”. Another comes in Amor, Fortuna e la mia mente schiva with its sudden dramatisation of the final phrase. Both tempo and volume acquire a completely different feeling as regards precision of meaning: there is also an outstanding degree of colourful expression as well as all the excitement of the rapidly changing emotions of the actors.

Info from Medieval.org
Although Palestrina wrote other madrigal books, the first book continued to be the most popular publication. While his later writing can be considered more idiomatic, the fact that his sacred style showed through more clearly here is probably a major reason for its success.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2018 03:33
  • Post subject:

Palestrina: Missa Papae Marcelli; Motet...apel Choir

Form: Mass
Thoughts: Incredibly beautiful, but again mostly vocal music and another mass. It is cool that it was recorded in the Sistine Chapel.

Info from prestoclassical.co.uk
Some of you were in Rome last year to launch the first album ever to be recorded inside the Sistine chapel.

Now Deutsche Grammophon is proud to announce the follow-up – giving a clear sign of the growing bond and collaboration between the label and the Vatican.

Simply titled “Palestrina”, it is a new release by the world’s oldest choir – performed and recorded in the heart of the Catholic Church, and featuring works by the most celebrated Italian musician of his time and reformer of church music: Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina.

Recorded in this, the year of the "Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy“ (8 December 2015 to 20 November 2016) - which Pope Francis has defined as “a revolution of tenderness and love” giving justice to the world – it is pure music carrying the essential message of divine generosity and care, selected by choir leader Massimo Palombella.

DG has also recorded the brand new official Hymn for the Year of Mercy to support the on-going message and theme of mercy.

The Sistine Chapel Choir has developed greatly in this exclusive relationship and the ensemble is now a proud and significant member of the DG family with much to celebrate and champion: a spiritual place to record the sound of the Vatican – the famous Sistine Chapel; special access for our guests and treasures from the Vatican libraries: three world premiere recordings: Palestrina’s most famous mass, based on the first printed edition from 1967, and two previously unreleased motets.

https://press.vatican.va/content/salast...1007c.html

Info from gramophone.co.uk
Author:
Edward Breen
The exciting partnership between the Sistine Chapel Choir and Deutsche Grammophon continues to deliver atmospheric and thought-provoking performances of Palestrina’s polyphony. It is perhaps inevitable that this world-famous choir, newly energised under the direction of Massimo Palombella, would record the famous Missa Papae Marcelli early in their discography, since it ‘saved’ sacred polyphony by presenting the texts clearly and intelligibly.

Previously, on last year’s album ‘Cantate Domino’, I found the Sistine Chapel Choir reminiscent of Westminster Cathedral Choir under George Malcolm. This new recording is different, partly due to the broader style of the Mass, and partly due to a cleaner, less mannered performance from the choir. The clarity previously employed only in Lassus’s Magnificat is found throughout Missa Papae Marcelli with delightful results. However, less convincing are several speed-changes that colour this performance. Palombella boldy flies in the face of prevailing performance styles with several changes of tactus, argued on the basis of notational evidence; but, coupled with cumbersome ritardandos, these often sound overly manicured. At the start of the Gloria, for instance, tempo shifts close together at both ‘Adoramus te’ and ‘Gratias agimus tibi’ make for an unexpectedly fussy texture.

The motets, which follow the Mass, contain four premiere recordings and continue the broad, solid vocal sound of the Mass. This is what Palombella calls the ‘basilican’ sound, modelled on the original St Peter’s Basilica, whose vaults the choir once filled. At the end of the album the choir move from their usual recording position in front of the altar to the famous choir gallery for the Ave Maria. In this last motet they also use falsettist countertenors, whose tone noticeably lightens the overall texture and helps to find a more intimate quality. This result is fascinating: the sheer sense of height and depth of the building is considerably enhanced and suddenly the polyphony is soft-focus.

And more info about the piece itself here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missa_Papae_Marcelli
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2018 22:59
  • Post subject:

Wert: Madrigals by La Venexiana / Claudio Cavina

Form: Madrigals
Thoughts: Again, vocal music isn't my thing and after 80 or so albums of it, it starts to stop being a learning/discovery experience and more of a this is nice and all, but I'd like something with a bit more rhythm. Then I kind of realize, especially with this, that the language itself is a rhythm and it's pretty cool for those who are into that sort of thing.

Info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giaches_de_Wert

From Medieval.org
Giaches de Wert (1535-1596) was a Flemish composer who spent most of his life in Italy. He was one of the most prolific composers in the new mannerist style of madrigal. The present program gives a nice "catalog" of the usual techniques involved in illuminating texts during this period.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2018 03:12
  • Post subject:
As I come up to the end of my Antiquity to Renaissance project (not quite there yet, but more than 80% complete), I wanted to chart out "art music" or "serious music" or "classical music"... I'm not done yet, but have gotten this far of basically taking the top 400 pieces and what I've done so far, and then chronologically ordering them. Some of them span over 300 years so I picked a year in the middle or similar just so the sort in Excel would group them together (1100-1300 doesn't sort right, for example).

Anyway, here's this for now, and probably will be adding more in time (things change at 1600). If you see anything missing that you absolutely love (I think I'm fine on "deep dives" that are just ok) let me know.

Artist/work Performer Year
Musique De La Grece Antique Atrium Musicae De Madrid 0
Music From Ancient Rome: Volume 1 - Wind Instruments Synaulia / Walter Maioli 0
La Musique De La Bible Revélée Suzanne Haik Vantoura 0
Chant Benedictine Monks Of Santo Domingo De Silos 700
Gregorian Chant Konrad Ruhland / Choralschola Of The Neideraltaicher 700
Gregorian Chant Monks Of The Abbey Of Notre Dame 700
Sacred Women - Women As Composers And Performers Of Medieval Chant Sarband 700
Choral Settings Of Kassiani Patricia Rozario / English Chamber Choir / Guy Protheroe / Alexander Lingas 800
Notker Balbulus: Sequenzen, Tropen & Gregorianischer Choral Aus Dem Kloster St. Gallen Stefan Morent / Ordo Virtutum 800
The School Of Notre Dame Orlando Consort 1100
A Wind Blows From The East: Four German Medieval Tales Drew Minter 1100
Alleluia Nativitas: Music And Carols For A Medieval Christmas Orlando Consort 1100
Hildegard Von Bingen: Canticles Of Ecstasy Sequentia 1150
Visions From The Book Sequentia 1150
Hildegard Von Bingen: Ordo Virtutum Sequentia 1151
Chants for St. Ursula Hildegard von Bingen 1175
Music Of The Gothic Era The Early Music Consort Of London 1200
Walther Von Der Vogelweide: Lieder Von Macht & Liebe Per-Sonat 1200
Les Escholiers De Paris: Motets, Chansons, Et Estampies Ensemble Gilles Binchois / Dominique Vellard 1200
Vocal Music (German Love Songs From The Late Middle Ages) Augsburg Early Music Ensemble 1250
Medieval English Music The Hilliard Ensemble 1250
Alfonso X El Sabio: Cantigas De Santa Maria Jordi Savall / La Capella Reial De Catalunya / Hespèrion XX 1250
The Pilgrimage To Santiago Philip Pickett / New London Consort 1250
Llibre Vermell De Montserrat Jordi Savall / La Capella Reial De Catalunya / Hespèrion XX 1250
Dante And The Troubadours Sequentia 1250
Richard Coeur De Lion: Troubadours Et Trouvères Alla Francesca 1250
Carmina Burana: Medieval Version Clemencic Consort / Rene Clemencic 1250
Laude Di Sancta Maria: Veillée De Chants De Dévotion Dans L'Italie Des Communes La Reverdie 1250
Magna Melodia - Medieval Music From The Time Of The Magna Carta Trouvère Medieval Minstrels 1250
Lo Gai Saber: Troubadours And Minstrels 1100-1300 Mediterranea Camerata 1250
Worcester Fragments: English Sacred Music Of The Late Middle Ages Orlando Consort 1250
Medieval Music The Jaye Consort / Gerald English 1250
Adam De La Halle: Le Jeu De Robin Et Marion Ensemble Perceval 1283
Music For A Tudor Feast Trouvère Medieval Minstrels 1300
Fortune My Foe Goliard 1300
La Messe De Tournai - Codex Musical Des Las Huelgas Rene Clemencic / Clemencic Consort / Vienna Hofburgkapelle Choir 1300
The Unknown Lover: Songs By Solage And Machaut Gothic Voices 1300
Machaut: Remede de Fortune Ensemble Project Ars Nova 1300
Machaut: Ballades Lucien Kandel / Ensemble Musica Nova 1300
Machaut: Les Motets Lucien Kandel / Ensemble Musica Nova 1300
Francesco Landini And Italian Ars Nova (Alla Francesca) Various Artists 1300
D'amor Cantando: Ballate E Madrigali Di Trecento Ensemble Micrologus / Patrizia Bovi 1340
Codex Chantilly I Tetraktys 1350
Codex Chantilly II Tetraktys 1350
Codex Chantilly III Tetraktys 1350
Ars Magis Subtiliter Ensemble Project Ars Nova 1350
Machaut: Messe De Nostre Dame Ensemble Gilles Binchois / Dominique Vellard 1365
Jacopo Da Bologna: Madrigali E Cacce La Reverdie 1370
Ciconia: Motets, Virelais, Ballate, Madrigals Alla Francesca 1390
Guillaume Du Fay: Motets, Hymns & Chansons Blue Heron 1400
The Cosmopolitan: Songs By Oswald Von Wolkenstein Ensemble Leones / Marc Lewon 1425
Dufay: Missa Ave Regina Caelorum / Ecce Ancilla Domini Prague Madrigal Singers 1450
Dufay: Chansons Ensemble Unicorn / Michael Posch 1450
Du Fay: Mille Bonjours! Diabolus In Musica 1450
Tudor Dance Trouvère Medieval Minstrels 1450
Ockeghem: Chansons Katelijne Van Laethem / Romanesque / Philippe Malfeyt 1450
Vox Aurea Ensemble Vocal Obsidienne / Emmanuel Bonnardot 1450
Ockeghem: Requiem / Missa Prolationum / Intemerata Dei Mater Musica Ficta / Bo Holten 1450
Music For A Medieval Prince Trouvère Medieval Minstrels 1450
Gilles Binchois: Chansons Ensemble Gilles Binchois / Dominique Vellard 1450
The Brightest Heaven Of Invention: Flemish Polyphony Of The High Renaissance James Wood / The New London Chamber Choir 1450
Cornago: Missa De La Mapa Mundi; Secular Music Of 15th-Century Spain Paul Hillier / The Newberry Consort / His Majestie's Clerkes / Mary Springfels 1450
The Art Of The Netherlands David Munrow / Early Music Consort Of London 1475
Josquin Desprez: Stabat Mater; Motets La Chapelle Royale 1500
Josquin Desprez: Adieu, Mes Amours; Chansons Ensemble Clement Janequin / Dominique Visse 1500
Brumel: Missa "Et Ecce Terrae Motus" A 12 Voci / Sequentia "Dies Irae" Paul Van Nevel / Huelgas Ensemble 1503
Josquin Desprez: Missa Pange Lingua Ludwig Böhme / Kammerchor Josquin Des Prez 1515
La Chasse Et Autres Chansons Ensemble Clément Janequin 1530
Gombert: Motets; Chansons; Magnificat Capella Alamire 1530
Dolcissima Et Amorosa: The Lute Music Of Il Divino, Francesco Canova Da Milano Vol. 1 Nigel North 1530
Martin Luther: Hymns, Ballads, Chants, Truth Musik Ekklesia / Phillip Spray 1530
Taverner & Tudor Music I: The Western Wind Ars Nova Copenhagen / Paul Hillier 1530
La Justa • Madrigals And Ensaladas From 16th Century Catalonia La Colombina 1550
Jacques Arcadelt: Madrigali Noël Akchoté 1550
Willaert: Musica Nova - The Motets Singer Pur 1550
Morales: Officium Defunctorum; Missa Pro Defunctis Jordi Savall / La Capella Reial De Catalunya / Hespèrion XX 1550
Susato: Dansereye 1551 Philip Pickett / New London Consort 1551
Palestrina: Il Primo Libro De' Madrigali Rinaldo Alessandrini / Concerto Italiano 1555
Palestrina: Missa Papae Marcelli; Motets Massimo Palombella / Sistine Chapel Choir 1562
Palestrina: Missa Papae Marcelli / Allegri: Miserere Simon Preston / Choir Of Westminster Abbey 1562
Motet "Spem In Alium" Thomas Tallis 1570
Tallis: Spem In Alium; The Lamentations Of Jeremiah; Church Music Choir Of St. John's College, Cambridge 1570
Lasso: Motets (From "Patrocinium Musices", 1573/74) Erik Van Nevel / Vocal Ensemble Currende / Concerto Palatino / 1574
Bertrand: Amours De Ronsard Ensemble Clément Janequin 1576
Palestrina: Canticum Canticorum • Spiritual Madrigals The Hilliard Ensemble 1584
Marenzio: Madrigali A Cinque Voci Bardensis Camerata & Alex Wolff 1590
Byrd: Consort Songs Fretwork 1590
Byrd: Masses For 3, 4 & 5 Voices The Pro Arte Singers 1595
Lassus: Lagrime Di San Pietro Ars Nova / Bo Holten 1595
Magnificat Thomas Tallis 1600
Fantasias, Pavans & Galliards Gustav Leonhardt 1600
The Anatomy Of Melancholy Ensemble Daedalus / Roberto Festa 1600
Gibbons: Consort And Keyboard Music / Songs And Anthems Rose Consort Of Viols / Timothy Roberts 1600
Victoria: Requiem / Lobo: Versa Est In Luctum Peter Phillips / The Tallis Scholars 1603
Gesualdo: Tenebrae Responsoria Ensemble Arte Musica & Francesco Cera 1611
Praetorius: Dances From Terpsichore; Motets David Munrow / Early Music Consort Of London 1612

Piece Composer Year

Miserere Gregorio Allegri 1638
Trumpet Tune & Air Henry Purcell 1680
Canon in D (C97) Johann Pachelbel 1690
Trumpet Sonata 2 D Henry Purcell 1695
Rinaldo "Lascia Ch'io Pianga" Act 2 George Frederic Handel 1711
Cantata 208: Sheep May Safely Graze Johann Sebastian Bach 1713
Concerto Grosso Op.6/ 2 F Arcangelo Corelli 1714
Oboe Concerto C, Op.7/11 Tomaso Albinoni 1715
Lass Mein Herz Die Munze Sein, Bwv 163 Johann Sebastian Bach 1715
Gloria D, Rv.589 (1) Antonio Vivaldi 1715
Oboe Concerto D Min Alessandro Marcello 1715
Water Music Suite #2 in D George Frederic Handel 1717
Partita 2 - Chaconne, Bwv 1004 Johann Sebastian Bach 1720
Partita 1 B Min, Bwv 1002 Johann Sebastian Bach 1720
Trumpet Sonata D Giuseppe Matteo Alberti 1720
Partita 3 E, Bwv 1006 (1) Johann Sebastian Bach 1720
Brandenburg Concerto #5 D, Bwv 1050 Johann Sebastian Bach 1721
Brandenburg Concerto #3 G, Bwv 1048 Johann Sebastian Bach 1721
Brandenburg Concerto 2 F, Bwv 1047 Johann Sebastian Bach 1721
Brandenburg Concerto 4 G, Bwv 1049 Johann Sebastian Bach 1721
Brandenburg Concerto #1 F, Bwv 1046 (1) Johann Sebastian Bach 1721
Well Tempered Clavier Book 1: Prelude & Fugue #1 Johann Sebastian Bach 1722
Trio Sonata 1 F Jan Dismas Zelenka 1722
Cello Suite 1 G, Bwv 1007 Johann Sebastian Bach 1723
St. John Passion, Bwv 245: Her, unser Herrscher Johann Sebastian Bach 1724
The Four Seasons Antonio Vivaldi 1725
Alster Overture Georg Philipp Telemann 1725
Bist Du Bei Mir Johann Sebastian Bach 1725
Mandolin Concerto C, Rv.425 (1) Antonio Vivaldi 1725
Anna Magdalena Notebook: Little Suite Johann Sebastian Bach 1725
Coronation Anthem No 1, HWV 258 "Zadok the Priest" George Frederic Handel 1727
St. Matthew, Bwv 244 "Erbarme Dich" Johann Sebastian Bach 1729
Rondeau Jean Joseph Mouret 1729
Orchestral Suite (1-4) #3 BWV 1068: Air on the G String Johann Sebastian Bach 1730
Double Violin Concerto D Min, Bwv 1043 (2) Johann Sebastian Bach 1730
Quartet G from Table Music Georg Philipp Telemann 1730
Orchestral Suite #2 in B minor BWV 1067 (1) Johann Sebastian Bach 1730
Cantata 140 "Wachet Auf, Ruft Uns Stimme" (1) Johann Sebastian Bach 1731
Magnificat D, Bwv 243 (1) Johann Sebastian Bach 1733
Christmas Oratorio, Bwv 248 - Sinfonia Johann Sebastian Bach 1734
Concerto Grosso Op.3/2 B-Flat George Frederic Handel 1734
Concerto Grosso Op.3/6 D George Frederic Handel 1734
Toccata & Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 Johann Sebastian Bach 1735
Cantata 211 "Coffee" Johann Sebastian Bach 1735
Stabat Mater: Stabat Mater Giovanni Battista Pergolesi 1736
Castor & Pollux Suite Jean Philippe Rameau 1737
Xerxes - Largo George Frederic Handel 1738
Harp Concerto B-Flat, Op.4/6 (1) George Frederic Handel 1738
Violin Concerto 5 F Min, Bwv 1056 Johann Sebastian Bach 1739
Violin Concerto D Min, Bwv 1060 (Played C Min) (2) Johann Sebastian Bach 1740
Sonata K.487 C Domenico Scarlatti 1740
Goldberg Variations, Bwv 988 - Vars 18 & 25 Johann Sebastian Bach 1741
Mandolin Concerto G, Rv.532 Antonio Vivaldi 1741
Messiah: For Unto Us A Child Is Born, Hallelujah George Frederic Handel 1742
Royal Fireworks Music George Frederic Handel 1749
Solomon - Entrance Of Queen Of Sheba George Frederic Handel 1749
Mass B Min, Bwv 232: Gloria & Et in terra pax Johann Sebastian Bach 1749
Symphony 5 D William Boyce 1760
Dance Of The Blessed Spirits Christoph Willibald Gluck 1762
Symphony 22 E-Flat "The Philosopher" Franz Joseph Haydn 1764
Piano Concerto F, Hob.18-3 Franz Joseph Haydn 1765
Oboe Concerto E-Flat, Wq.165 (1) Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach 1765
Violin Concerto 1 C, Hob.7a-1 (2) Franz Joseph Haydn 1765
Symphony 41 C (2) Franz Joseph Haydn 1769
Divertimento #3 in F, K. 138 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1772
Symphony B-flat Leopold Hofmann 1772
Exsultate Jubilate, K 165 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1773
Symphony 25 G Min, K.183 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1773
Violin Concerto 1 B-Flat, K.207 (1) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1773
Symphony 28 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1774
Symphony 29 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1774
Violin Concerto 3 G, K.216 (3) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1775
Violin Concerto 5 A, K.219 "Turkish" Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1775
Serenade 6 D, K.239 "Serenata Notturna" (1) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1776
Oboe Concerto C, K.314 (3) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1777
Flute Quartet D, K.285 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1777
Piano Concerto #9 E-Flat, K.271 "Jeunehomme" Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1777
Flute & Harp Concerto C, K.299 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1778
Flute Concerto 1 G, K.313 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1778
Sinfonia Concertante E-Flat, K.297b Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1778
Symphony 68 B-Flat (4) Franz Joseph Haydn 1779
Double Piano Concerto #10 E-Flat, K.365 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1779
Piano Concerto 10 E-Flat, K.365 (3) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1779
Cello Concerto 1 G Karl Stamitz 1780
Missa Solemnis C, K.337 (1) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1780
Serenade 10 B-Flat, K.361 (1) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1781
Symphony 35 D, K.385 "Haffner" Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1782
Caro Mio Ben Giuseppe Giordani 1783
Mass C Min, K.427 "Great": Laudamus te Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1783
Horn Concerto 2 E-Flat, K.417 (3) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1783
Rondo Alla Turca Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1784
Symphony #101 "Clock" Franz Joseph Haydn 1784
Piano Concerto D, Hob.18-11 Franz Joseph Haydn 1784
Piano Concerto #21 in C, K 467 (2) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1785
Piano Concerto 20 D Min, K.466 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1785
Piano Concerto #22 E-Flat, K.482 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1785
Horn Concerto 4 E-Flat, K.495 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1786
Piano Concerto #23 A, K.488 (2) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1786
Marriage of Figaro Overture Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1786
Marriage Of Figaro, K.492 Aria: "Porgi Amor""Voi Che Sapete" Act 2 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1786
Symphony 82 C "The Bear" Franz Joseph Haydn 1786
Symphony in C (Ben128) Ignaz Pleyel 1786
Serenade G, K.525 "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1787
Don Giovanni Overture, K. 527 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1787
Symphony 83 G Min "The Hen" Franz Joseph Haydn 1787
Symphony 38 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1787
Symphony 41 C, K.551 "Jupiter" Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1788
Symphony 40 G Min, K.550 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1788
Piano Concerto #26 in D, K. 537 "Coronation" Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1788
Symphony 39 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1788
Clarinet Quintet A, K.581 "Stadler" (2) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1789
Cosi Fan Tutte Overture Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1790
Piano Sonata F-Sharp Min, Op.25/5 Muzio Clementi 1790
Ave verum corpus, K. 618 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1791
Magic Flute, K.620 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1791
Clarinet Concerto A, K.622 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1791
Magic Flute: 3 Arias Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1791
Piano Concerto 27 B-Flat, K.595 (3) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1791
Symphony 94 G Surprise Franz Joseph Haydn 1791
Requiem Mass D Min, K.626: Des irae, Introitus, Lacrimosa Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1792
Rondo B-Flat, Woo.6 Ludwig van Beethoven 1793
Symphony 100 G "Military" Franz Joseph Haydn 1794
Piano Trio 39 in G Franz Joseph Haydn 1795
Symphony 104 D "London" (3) Franz Joseph Haydn 1795
String Quartet Op. 76/3 C Hob.3-77 "Emperor" (3) Franz Joseph Haydn 1796
Trumpet Concerto E-Flat, Hob.7e-1 (3) Franz Joseph Haydn 1796
Romance 2 F, Op.50 Ludwig van Beethoven 1798
Rondo A Capriccio G, Op.129 "Rage Over Penny" Ludwig van Beethoven 1798
Piano Sonata 8 in C "Pathetique" Ludwig van Beethoven 1798
Falstaff Overture Antonio Salieri 1799
Wind Quintet G Min, Op.56/2 Franz Danzi 1800
Piano Sonata 14 C-Sharp Min, Op.27/2 "Moonlight" Ludwig van Beethoven 1801
Piano Concerto 2 B-Flat, Op.19 Ludwig van Beethoven 1801
Violin Sonata 5 F, Op.24 "Spring" Ludwig van Beethoven 1801
Romance 1 G, Op.40 Ludwig van Beethoven 1802
Piano Sonata 17 D Min, Op.31/2 "Tempest" (3) Ludwig van Beethoven 1802
Triple Concerto C, Op.56 (3) Ludwig van Beethoven 1803
Violin Concerto - Kreutzer Sonata Ludwig van Beethoven 1803
Piano Sonata 21 in C, Op. 53 "Waldstein" Ludwig van Beethoven 1804
Piano Concerto 3 C Min, Op.37 Ludwig van Beethoven 1804
Oboe Concerto #6 in F Ludwig August Lebrun 1804
Symphony 3 E-Flat, Op.55 "Eroica" (4) Ludwig van Beethoven 1805
Violin Concerto in D, Op 61 Ludwig van Beethoven 1806
Piano Concerto 4 G, Op.58 (2) Ludwig van Beethoven 1806
Symphony 4 B-Flat, Op.60 (2) Ludwig van Beethoven 1806
Symphony #5 (C97) Ludwig van Beethoven 1808
Symphony #6 in F, Op. 68 "Pastoral" Ludwig van Beethoven 1808
Albumblatt A Min, Woo.59 "Fur Elise" Ludwig van Beethoven 1810
Egmont, Op.84 Ludwig van Beethoven 1810
Concerto 5 E-Flat, Op.73 Emperor Ludwig van Beethoven 1811
Ruins Of Athens: Turkish March Ludwig van Beethoven 1811
Clarinet Concerto 1 F Min, Op.73 (2) Carl Maria Von Weber 1811
Violin Sonata 10 G, Op.96 Ludwig van Beethoven 1812
Silken Ladder Overture Gioacchino Rossini 1812
Symphony 7 A, Op.92 (4) Ludwig van Beethoven 1813
Fidelio Overture, Op.72c Ludwig van Beethoven 1814
Symphony 8 F, Op.93 Ludwig van Beethoven 1814
Erlkonig, D.328 Franz Schubert 1815
Barber Of Seville Overture Gioacchino Rossini 1816
The Thieving Magpie Overture Gioacchino Rossini 1817
An Die Musik, D.547 Franz Schubert 1817
Violin Concerto Op. 6/1 (2) Niccolo Paganini 1818
Quintet A, Op.114 D.667 "Trout" Franz Schubert 1819
Invitation To The Dance, Op.65 Carl Maria Von Weber 1819
Bagatelles Ludwig van Beethoven 1821
String Symphony #5 in Bb Felix Mendelssohn 1823
Symphony 9 D Min, Op.125 "Choral" Ludwig van Beethoven 1824
Ellens Gesang 3, D.839 "Ave Maria" Franz Schubert 1825
String Quartet 14 C-Sharp Minor, Op.131 Ludwig van Beethoven 1826
Impromptus, D.899/4 A-Flat, 2 E-Flat Franz Schubert 1827
Impromptu #4, D.935/4 F Min Franz Schubert 1827
Calm Sea & Prosperous Voyage, Op.27 Felix Mendelssohn 1828
String Quintet C, Op.163 D.956 (2) Franz Schubert 1828
William Tell Overture Gioacchino Rossini 1829
Schwanengesang, D.957/4 "Standchen" Franz Schubert 1829
Piano Concerto #1 in e minor, Op. 11 Frederic Chopin 1830
Symphonie Fantastique, Op.14: Un Bal Hector Berlioz 1830
Piano Concerto 1 G Min, Op.25 (1) Felix Mendelssohn 1830
Norma "Casta Diva" Act 1 Vincenzo Bellini 1831
The Elixir of Love: A Furtive Tear Gaetano Donizetti 1832
Etude A Min, Op10 #1, 3, Scherzo 3. Op39 Frederic Chopin 1832
Symphony 4 A, Op.90 "Italian" Felix Mendelssohn 1833
Hebrides Overture, Op.26 "Fingal's Cave" Felix Mendelssohn 1833
Grande Valse Brillante Frederic Chopin 1834
Fantasie Impromptu in C-sharp minor, Op. 66 Frederic Chopin 1834
Andante Spianato and Grand Polonaise Frederic Chopin 1836
Octet E-Flat, Op.20 - Presto Felix Mendelssohn 1836
Polonaise 3 A, Op.40/1 "Military" Frederic Chopin 1838
Scenes of Childhood, Op 15 Robert Schumann 1838
Prelude #15 in Db, "Raindrop" Frederic Chopin 1838
Sinfonia in C Giuseppe Verdi 1838
Arabeske, Op. 18 Robert Schumann 1839
Giselle: Grand pas de deux Adolphe-Charles Adam 1841
Va Pensiero Giuseppe Verdi 1842
Midsummer Night's Dream, Op.21 Felix Mendelssohn 1842
Symphony 3 A Min, Op.56 "Scottish" Felix Mendelssohn 1842
The Flying Dutchman Overture Richard Wagner 1843
Don Pasquale Gaetano Donizetti 1843
Violin Concerto in E minor, Op. 64 (3) Felix Mendelssohn 1844
Mazurka #33, Op. 56 Frederic Chopin 1844
Piano Sonata 3 B Min, Op.58 Frederic Chopin 1844
Tannhauser: Overture Richard Wagner 1845
Tannhauser - Pilgrims' Choruses, Act 1 & 3 Richard Wagner 1845
Piano Concerto A Min, Op.54 (2) Robert Schumann 1845
Barcarolle F-Sharp, Op.60 Frederic Chopin 1846
Waltz 6 D-Flat, Op.64/1 "Minute" Frederic Chopin 1847
Radetzky March, Op.228 Johann Strauss, Sr. 1848
Shenandoah Traditional 1850
Liebestraum 3 A-Flat, Op.62 Franz Liszt 1850
Paganini Etude 3 G-Shp Min "La Campanella" Franz Liszt 1851
Il Trovatore - Anvil Chorus, Act 2, Di Quella, Act 3 Giuseppe Verdi 1853
Ave Maria - Meditation On Bach's Prelude 1 C Charles Gounod 1853
Hungarian Rhapsody 3 D Franz Liszt 1853
La Traviata Act 1 Prelude Giuseppe Verdi 1853
L'enfance Du Christ, Op.25 Hector Berlioz 1854
Symphony in C Georges Bizet 1855
Battle Hymn of the Republic William Steffe 1856
Piano Concerto #1 in D Minor, Op. 15 Johannes Brahms 1858
Faust: "Dance of the Nubian Slaves" Charles Gounod 1859
Intro & Rondo Capriccioso, Op.28 Camille Saint-Saens 1863
Pearl Fishers: Aria Georges Bizet 1863
Symphony 8 B Min, D.759 "Unfinished" (1) Franz Schubert 1865
Blue Danube Waltz, Op.314 (C97) Johann Strauss 1866
Violin Concerto #1 in G minor, Op. 26 (2) Max Bruch 1866
Cantique De Jean Racine, Op.11 Gabriel Faure 1866
Light Cavalry Overture Franz von Suppe 1866
Bartered Bride - Dance Of The Comedians Bedrich Smetana 1866
Don Carlos "Spuntato Ecco Il Di" Act 3 Giuseppe Verdi 1867
Tales of the Vienna Woods Johann Strauss 1868
Piano Concerto in A Min, Op. 16 (I) Edvard Grieg 1868
Piano Concerto 2 G Min, Op.22 (2) Camille Saint-Saens 1868
Die Meistersinger Richard Wagner 1868
Lullaby, Op.49/4 Johannes Brahms 1868
German Requiem, Op.45 (4) Johannes Brahms 1869
Hungarian Dances Johannes Brahms 1869
Walkure - Ride Of The Valkyries, Act 3 Richard Wagner 1870
Triumphal March from "Aida" (C97) Giuseppe Verdi 1871
L'Arlesienne Suite #2 Georges Bizet 1872
Funeral March Of A Marionette Charles Gounod 1872
Vienna Blood Waltz, Op.354 Johann Strauss 1873
Danse Macabre Camille Saint-Saens 1874
Requiem Mass Giuseppe Verdi 1874
Die Fledermaus Johann Strauss 1874
Carmen: Habanera Act 1 Georges Bizet 1875
The Moldau Bedrich Smetana 1875
Piano Concerto 1 B-Flat Min, Op.23 (1) Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1875
Serenade in E, Op.22 - Finale Antonin Dvorak 1875
Peer Gynt 1, Op.46 Edvard Grieg 1876
Swan Lake, Op. 20: Swan Theme, Dance of Tiny Swans Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1876
Marche Slave Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1876
Variations On Rococo Theme, Op.33 Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1877
Violin Concerto in D, Op. 35 (2) Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1878
Zigeunerweisen, Op.20/1 Pablo De Sarasate 1878
Violin Concerto D, Op.77 (2) Johannes Brahms 1879
Berceuse, Op.16 (1880) Gabriel Faure 1879
Eugen Onegin - Waltz Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1879
1812 Overture Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1880
Tragic Overture, Op.81 Johannes Brahms 1880
Kol Nidrei, Op.47 Max Bruch 1880
Capriccio Italien, Op.45 Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1880
Serenade For Strings C, Op.48: Waltz Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1880
Scottish Fantasy, Op.46 Max Bruch 1880
Violin Concerto 3 B Min, Op.61 Camille Saint-Saens 1880
Norwegian Dance, Op.35/2 (1) Edvard Grieg 1880
La Gioconda: Dance Of The Hours Amilcare Ponchielli 1880
Piano Concerto #2 B-flat, Op. 83 Johannes Brahms 1881
Barcarolle from Tales Of Hoffmann Jacques Offenbach 1881
Skaters' Waltz, Op.183 Emil Waldteufel 1882
Lakme: Flower Duet Leo Delibes 1883
Symphony 3 F, Op.90: Poco Allegretto Johannes Brahms 1883
Holberg Suite Edvard Grieg 1884
Symphony 7 E - Scherzo Anton Bruckner 1885
Gypsy Baron Overture Johann Strauss 1885
Wedding Cake Caprice Waltz, Op. 76 Camille Saint-Saens 1885
Pictures at an Exhibition Modest Mussorgsky 1886
Sonata in A (1,4) Cesar Franck 1886
Carnival of the Animals: The Swan Camille Saint-Saens 1886
Slavonic Dances, Op.46/5,7 Antonin Dvorak 1886
Suite Espanola 5 "Asturias" Isaac Albeniz 1887
Pavane, Op. 50 Gabriel Faure 1887
Havanaise, Op.83 Camille Saint-Saens 1887
Capriccio Espagnol, Op.34 Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov 1887
Romantic Pieces, Op.75 Antonin Dvorak 1887
3 Gymnopedie Erik Satie 1888
Symphony 5 E Min, Op.64 - Andante Cantabile Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1888
Requiem, Op. 48 "Pie Jesu""In Paradisum" Gabriel Faure 1888
Scheherazade, Op. 35: Song; Oriental Dance Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov 1888
Emperor Waltz, Op.437 Johann Strauss 1889
Symphony 1 D "Titan" (2) Gustav Mahler 1889
Cavalleria Rusticana - Intermezzo Pietro Mascagni 1890
Spanish Dances, Op.37 Enrique Granados 1890
Prince Igor Alexander Borodin 1890
Espana, Op.165/2 Tango Isaac Albeniz 1890
String Quintet 2 G, Op.111 Johannes Brahms 1890
Symphony 8 G, Op.88 Antonin Dvorak 1890
Carnival, Op.92 Antonin Dvorak 1891
Clarinet Trio A Min, Op.114 (4) Johannes Brahms 1891
The Nutcracker, Op.71: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies, Waltz of the Flowers Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1892
Symphony #9 E Min, Op.95 "New World" (3) Antonin Dvorak 1893
Gnossienne #1 Erik Satie 1893
Quartet 12 F, Op.96 American Antonin Dvorak 1893
Symphony 6 B Min, Op.74 "Pathetique" Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1893
Karelia, Op.11 Jean Sibelius 1893
Thais - Meditation, Act 2 Jules Massenet 1894
Prelude To The Afternoon Of A Faun Claude Debussy 1894
Intermezzo A, Op.118/2 (1893) Johannes Brahms 1894
Cello Concerto #1 B minor, Op. 104 (3) Antonin Dvorak 1895
Symphony 2 C Min "Resurrection" Gustav Mahler 1895
Also Sprach Zarathustra, Op.30 (1) Richard Strauss 1896
La Boheme: Che Gelida Manina, O Soave Fanciulla, Act 1 Giacomo Puccini 1896
Recuerdos de la Alhambra Francisco Tarrega 1896
Wedding Day at Troldhaugen Edvard Grieg 1897
Panis Angelicus Camille Saint-Saens 1898
Sacred Pieces - Ave Maria Giuseppe Verdi 1898
O Sole Mio Eduardo di Capua 1898
Enigma Vars, Op.36/9 "Nimrod" Edward Elgar 1899
Pavane for a dead princess Maurice Ravel 1899
Nocturnes Claude Debussy 1899
Finlandia, Op.26 Jean Sibelius 1900
Tosca: E Lucevan Le Stelle, Act 3; Vissi D'Arte, Act 2 Giacomo Puccini 1900
Flight Of The Bumblebee Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov 1900
Piano Concerto 2 C Min, Op.18 (1) Sergei Rachmaninoff 1901
Rusalka - Polonaise Antonin Dvorak 1901
Symphony No. 4 in G major Gustav Mahler 1901
Symphony 3 D Min (2) Gustav Mahler 1902
Gold & Silver Waltz, Op.79 Franz Lehar 1902
Kuolema: Valse Triste, Op.44 Jean Sibelius 1903
Prelude D, Op.23/4 Sergei Rachmaninoff 1903
Symphony 5 C-Sharp Min (4) Gustav Mahler 1904
Danses Sacree & Profane Claude Debussy 1904
Madama Butterfly: Un Bel Di, Humming Chorus, Act 2 Giacomo Puccini 1904
Czardas Vittorio Monti 1904
Clair De Lune Claude Debussy 1905
Bethena - Waltz Scott Joplin 1905
Merry Widow "Vilja" Franz Lehar 1905
La Mer Claude Debussy 1905
Piano Concerto 3 D Min, Op.30 (3) Sergei Rachmaninoff 1909
Firebird: Berceuse, Finale Igor Stravinsky 1910
Jewels Of The Madonna: Intermezzo 1 Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari 1911
Petrouchka: Danse Russe Igor Stravinsky 1911
Daphnis & Chloe Suite #2 Maurice Ravel 1912
Symphony 9 D (3) Gustav Mahler 1912
Rite Of Spring Igor Stravinsky 1913
Romance Ralph Vaughan Williams 1914
Vocalise, Op.34/14 Sergei Rachmaninoff 1915
Symphony #1 in D "Classical" Sergei Prokofiev 1916
The Planets, Op. 32: Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity Gustav Holst 1918
Gianni Schicchi: O Mio Babbino Caro Giacomo Puccini 1918
Cello Concerto E Min, Op.85 Edward Elgar 1919
Lark Ascending Ralph Vaughan Williams 1920
St. Paul's Suite, Op.29/2 Gustav Holst 1922
Rhapsody in Blue George Gershwin 1924
Pines Of Rome Ottorino Respighi 1924
The Man I Love George Gershwin 1924
Piano Concerto F (2) George Gershwin 1925
Turandot: Nessun dorma Giacomo Puccini 1926
3 Preludes George Gershwin 1926
Someone to Watch Over Me (Oh, Kay!) George Gershwin 1926
Capriol Suite Peter Warlock 1926
Bolero Maurice Ravel 1928
American In Paris George Gershwin 1928
Fantasia on Greensleeves Ralph Vaughan Williams 1928
The Birds Ottorino Respighi 1928
Pomp & Circumstance March #1 in D, Op 39 Edward Elgar 1930
Piano Concerto G (2) Maurice Ravel 1930
Grand Canyon Suite Ferde Grofe 1931
Granada Augustin Lara 1932
Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini, Op.43 Sergei Rachmaninoff 1934
Simple Symphony, Op.4 Benjamin Britten 1934
Symphony Mathis der Maler (3) Paul Himdemith 1934
Porgy & Bess George Gershwin 1935
Peter & The Wolf, Op.67: March Sergei Prokofiev 1936
Modern Times "Smile" Charlie Chaplin 1936
El Salón México Aaron Copland 1936
Carmina Burana: O Fortuna, In Trutina Carl Orff 1937
Adagio for Strings Samuel Barber 1938
Romeo & Juliet: Romeo & Juliet Sergei Prokofiev 1938
Romeo & Juliet: Overture Fantasy Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky 1938
Bachianas Brasilieras 5 - Aria Heitor Villa-Lobos 1938
Jazz Suite 2: Polka Dmitri Shostakovich 1938
Gaite Parisienne - Barcarolle Jacques Offenbach 1938
Billy the Kid Aaron Copland 1938
Concierto De Aranjuez Joaquin Rodrigo 1939
Masquerade Aram Khachaturian 1941
Warsaw Concerto Richard Addinsell 1941
Fanfare for the Common Man Aaron Copland 1942
Rodeo: Buckaroo Holiday Aaron Copland 1942
Dances from Gayne Aram Khachaturian 1942
American Salute Morton Gould 1942
Appalachian Spring Aaron Copland 1944
Rounds for Strings David Diamond 1944
Concerto for Orchestra - Allegretto Bela Bartok 1945
Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra Benjamin Britten 1945
The Gadfly Suite: Romance Dmitri Shostakovich 1955
Adagio Of Spartacus & Phrygia Aram Khachaturian 1956
Candide Overture Leonard Bernstein 1956
West Side Story - Medley Leonard Bernstein 1957
Adagio G Min (Ar R.Giazotto) Tomaso Albinoni 1958
Adios Nonino Astor Piazzolla 1959
Graceful Ghost William Bolcom 1971
Fratres Arvo Part 1977
Spiegel Im Spiegel Arvo Part 1978
Oblivion Astor Piazzolla 1982
Bright Blue Music Michael Torke 1985
The Chairman Dances John Adams 1985
Requiem: Pie Jesu Andrew Lloyd Webber 1985
O Magnum Mysterium Morten Lauridsen 1994
Time to Say Goodbye (Con te Partiro) Francesco Sartori 1995
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2018 03:15
  • Post subject:
Stuff for later I didn't have a year yet for:
Alban Berg: L'Ecole De Vienne, Vol. 1
Alexander Glazunov: Symphony No. 6; Poème Lyrique
Alexander Mosolov: Iron Foundry; Piano Concerto No. 1
Alfred Schnittke: Symphony No. 1
Amy Beach: Gaelic Symphony; Piano Concerto
Anton Webern: Complete Music For String Quartet
Arnold Schoenberg: Pierrot Lunaire, Op. 21; Trio For Violin, Viola And Cello, Op. 45
Arnold Schoenberg
Arthur Honegger: Symphonies Nos. 1-5; Pacific 231; Rugby
Artur Schnabel: String Quartet No. 5; Piano Trio; Seven Piano Pieces
Aulis Sallinen: Symphonies 3 & 5
Åžtefan Niculescu: Ison Ia / Echos / Ison II
Beethoven: Complete String Quartets Vol. 9: Op. 135 In F Major; Op. 131 In C Sharp Minor
Beth Anderson: Swales And Angels
Charles Ives: Symphony No. 4
Chopin: Piano Sonata / Ravel: Gaspard De La Nuit / Prokofiev: Piano Sonata
Claude Debussy: La Mer / Nocturnes / Jeux
Delusion Of The Fury
Dialoghi Del Presente
Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphony No. 5
Dolmen Music
Domenico Scarlatti: Sonatas
Drumming / Music For Mallet Instruments, Voices And Organ / Six Pianos
Dvořák: Cello Concerto In B Minor, Op. 104 / Tchaikovsky: Variations On A Rococo Theme
Einstein On The Beach
Electronic Ballet Music "Cain And Abel"
Elegy Of The Uprooting
Elliott Carter: String Quartets 1-4; Elegy
English Country-Tunes
Eva-Maria Houben: Works For Flute
Felix Mendelssohn: Songs Without Words (Complete)
Flavta
Four Manifestations On Six Elements
Franco Donatoni: Spiri; Eco; Ombra; Diario; Lame
Franz Schubert: Winterreise
Friedrich Cerha: Und Du...; Verzeichnis; Fur K
Gérard Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques
Galina Ustvolskaya: Preludes & Compositions
Georg Friedrich Haas: Works For Ensemble
Giacinto Scelsi: Chamber Works For Flute And Piano
Gloria Coates: String Quartets Nos. 2, 3, 4, 7 And 8
Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 5; Friedrich Rückert: Five Rückert Songs
György Ligeti: Concertos For Cello / Violin / Piano
Händel: Suites For Harpsichord Nos. 1-4
Helmut Lachenmann: String Quartets
Henze: Symphonies Nos. 1-6
Horațiu Rădulescu: Clepsydra · Astray
Hugo Wolf: String Quartet / Italienische Serenade / Intermezzo
Iannis Xenakis: Metastasis / Pithoprakta / Eonta
Igor Stravinsky: Le Sacre Du Printemps
In C
Isaac Albéniz: Iberia; Navarra; Suite Española
Jakob Ullmann: Fremde Zeit - Addendum
Janacek: Concertino, Capriccio, Nonsense Rhymes
Jean Sibelius: Symphonien Nos. 5 & 7
Johanna Beyer: Sticky Melodies
John Adams: Nixon In China
John Cage: Imaginary Landscapes
John Luther Adams: Red Arc / Blue Veil
Kaija Saariaho: Graal Théâtre, Solar, Lichtbogen
Karl Amadeus Hartmann: Funèbre
Karlheinz Stockhausen: Complete Early Percussion Works
Krzysztof Penderecki: St Luke Passion
Leo Ornstein: Piano Music
Liszt: Années De Pèlerinage Vol. 2 (Second Year: Italy)
Louis Andriessen: De Staat
Lubomyr Melnyk Performs KMH
Luciano Berio: Sinfonia
Luigi Nono: Prometeo, Tragedia Dell'ascolto
Lutosławski: Orchestral Works
Matthias Pintscher: En Sourdine; Tenebrae; Reflections On Narcissus
Medium III; Cogito/Trompe L'oeil; Aulodie Mioritica; Perspectives Au Movemur; Apogeum
Milhaud: The 6 Little Symphonies / Le Boeuf Sur Le Toit / L'homme Et Son Désir / Others
Moondog (1969)
Morton Feldman: The Viola In My Life
Mozart: Piano Concertos Nos. 20 & 27
Night on Bald Mountain
Olga Neuwirth: Clinamen / Nodus; Construction in Space
Peer Gynt 2, Op.55
Philippe Manoury: Fragments Pour Un Portrait, Partita I
Presque Rien No. 1
Quatuor Pour La Fin Du Temps
Rachmaninoff Plays Rachmaninoff: The 4 Piano Concertos & Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
Rana, Ritual And Revelations
Richard Strauss: Don Quixote; Hornkonzert No. 2
Robert Schumann: Streichquartette Nr. 1 & 3
Rodrigo: Concierto De Aranjuez; Britten: The Courtly Dances From "Gloriana"; Vivaldi: Concerto For Lute In D Major, RV 93
Roger Sessions: Symphony No. 4; Symphony No. 5; Rhapsody For Orchestra
Ruth Crawford Seeger: String Quartet; Chamber Works
Salvatore Sciarrino: Orchestral Works
Sarasate: Spanish Dances, Serenata Andaluza, Balada
Satie: Oeuvres Pour Piano
Scriabin Chez Scriabin
Shaker Loops and Light Over Water
Sofia Gubaidulina: Silenzio / De Profundis / Et Expecto / In Erwartung
Tadeusz Baird: Four Essays / Expressions For Violin And Orchestra / Variations Without A Theme
The Beating Of Wings
The Swan of Tuonela, Op.22, No.2
The Time Curve Preludes
Unjust Malaise
Violin Concerto in A Minor, No.1, BWV 1041
William Grant Still: Afro-American Symphony; In Memoriam; Africa
Yuxo - A New Daxophone Operetta

Vitry: Motets Et Chansons
Power & Dunstaple: Masses And Motets
Verdelot: Madrigals For A Tudor King
Wert: Madrigals
Orlando Di Lasso: Villanelle, Moresche E Altre Canzoni
Victoria: Requiem; Missa 'O Quam Gloriosum'; Tenebrae Responsories; Magnificat
Cardoso: Missa Miserere Mihi Domine; Magnificat

Luzzaschi: Concerto Delle Dame Di Ferrara
Il Secondo Libro De' Madrigali
Vecchi: L'Amfiparnaso
Caccini: Le Nuove Musiche
Monteverdi: L'Orfeo
Vespro Della Beata Vergine
Monteverdi: Missa In Illo Tempore
Monteverdi : Il Sesto Libro De Magrigali
Monteverdi: Motetti E Madrigali A 2 Soprani
Gabrieli: Sonate E Canzoni "Per Concertar Con L'Organo"
Rossi: Orfeo
Rossi: Oratorio Per La Settimana Santa
Merula: Arie E Capricci A Voce Sola
Carissimi: Duets & Cantatas
Cavalli: Xerse
Cavalli: Requiem & Antiennes à La Vierge
Scarlatti: Cantate E Duetti
Caldara: Cantatas / Stradella: Motets
Durante: XII Duetti A Soprano E Contralto
Vivaldi: La Dorilla In Tempe, Opéra En 3 Actes
Vivaldi: Stabat Mater; Nisi Dominus; Salve Regina
Frescobaldi: Works For Harpsichord
Storace: Selva Di Varie Compositioni D'intavolatura Per Cimbalo
Scarlatti: Harpsichord Sonatas
Vivaldi: Le Quattro Stagioni
Vivaldi: 12 Concertos, Op. 3 "L'Estro Armonico"
Vivaldi: Concerti
Vivaldi: Cello Sonatas
Airs De Cour
Lully: Atys
Lully: Psyché
Campra: Cantates Françaises
Lully: Grand Motets, Vol. 1

And some of these are bound to be duplicates:
9th
Rite of Spring
4 Seasons
Appalacian Spring
Peer Gynt Suite
Carmina Burrana
Requiem Mass
Air on the G String
Shaker Loops
Moonlight Sonata
Pictures at an Exhibition
New World Symphony
The Nutcracker
German Requium
Winterreise
  • Visit poster's website
gussteivi

Sweden

• Posted: 09/16/2018 07:53
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
Stuff for later I didn't have a year yet for:

Felix Mendelssohn: Songs Without Words (Complete)

Here are some of my favourite recordings of the Lieder ohne Worte if you're interested Smile

Link

Link

Link

Link
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2018 16:21
  • Post subject:
Fantastic! Thank you!!!
I haven't found a favorite recording for that yet.

I've started this playlist for "good recordings". I suppose that's my next undertaking. Also not just doing the single movement or whatever, if it is on the list, I'm likely finding a recording with the full work and then adding it to the database if the recording I like isn't there. Only about 50 works/recordings in:

https://open.spotify.com/user/122614575...H-t_4MzxZA
  • Visit poster's website
gussteivi

Sweden

• Posted: 09/16/2018 19:06
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
Fantastic! Thank you!!!
I haven't found a favorite recording for that yet.

I've started this playlist for "good recordings". I suppose that's my next undertaking. Also not just doing the single movement or whatever, if it is on the list, I'm likely finding a recording with the full work and then adding it to the database if the recording I like isn't there. Only about 50 works/recordings in:

https://open.spotify.com/user/122614575...H-t_4MzxZA

Ok gotcha. I don't really have a favourite recording of the complete Lieder, they're all a bit lame compared to the pianists above imo. I do remember Barenboim being quite nice though.
  • Visit poster's website