Year Charts

View previous topic :: View next topic
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 01/22/2018 09:32
  • Post subject: Year Charts
I think I have an uncommon but not rare problem. 100 albums are not enough for my year chart.

While I definitely think our Greatest Albums of all time and decade charts should be limited to 100 albums, I think it would be advantageous if all year charts could be longer in length in order to give value to more obscure albums that may otherwise miss the cut. For instance, 1991 has at least 50 albums that I would unreservedly consider GREAT and Highly Recommend. I think it would behoove our database if all the albums that were worthy of discovery could be on these year chart. Otherwise, I'm just going make room by deleting the obvious such as Loveless, Nevermind, etc.

Thanks for all your work!!

jeff
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/22/2018 12:40
  • Post subject: Re: Year Charts
We can definitely look at increasing the limit for charts on the site, but it's not likely to happen imminently as the site redesign is using up most of my energy right now and this change would have performance (and other impacts) that would need to be addressed before implementing this on the live site (it's not as straight forward as it might seem).

At the moment, the best way of giving attention to albums that don't quite make the cut in the top 100 for a given year would be to add them to a custom chart (e.g. Underrated gems from 1974).
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 01/22/2018 14:36
  • Post subject: Re: Year Charts
albummaster wrote:
We can definitely look at increasing the limit for charts on the site, but it's not likely to happen imminently as the site redesign is using up most of my energy right now and this change would have performance (and other impacts) that would need to be addressed before implementing this on the live site (it's not as straight forward as it might seem).

At the moment, the best way of giving attention to albums that don't quite make the cut in the top 100 for a given year would be to add them to a custom chart (e.g. Underrated gems from 1974).

ok. Thanks for considering it! Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website