Annoying editing of a band I added

View previous topic :: View next topic
jackbrown8786

• Posted: 02/11/2018 05:32
  • Post subject: Annoying editing of a band I added
I went to add a band to the site but their name was already taken. The band's name is Covenant so I listed the band's name as "Covenant (metal)" when I added it b/c the band Death is listed on this site as "Death (metal)" since there's already a band named Death on here.

Now though it seems someone edited the band name "Covenant (metal)" to "Covenant (NO)" and it pisses me off. Why did this happen and can I change it back?

EDIT: NVM, I guess "NO" is supposed to stand for Norway.
  • Visit poster's website
Moved: 02/11/2018 09:44 by albummaster
From Music to Suggestions
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/11/2018 09:55
  • Post subject:
Apologies for the confusion, just to clarify how the naming works. If two artists share the same name on BEA, their two character country code is used to distinguish them. If there is then more than one artist with the same name from the same country, their active decade is used instead, and so on as per data moderation guidelines.

Quote:
When two or more artists share the same name, please append a suffix in brackets to distinguish them:

1. If the artists with the same name are from different countries, use the two character ISO country code to distinguish them. e.g. (CA)
2. If the artists with the same name are also from the same country, use their active decade to distinguish them. e.g. (70s)
3. If the artists with the same name are from the same country and the same decade, use the genre to distinguish them. e.g. (Jazz)
4. If the artists still cannot be distinguished, then append something short that will enable visitors to know the 'correct' artist from their name without having to drill through to their discography.
  • Visit poster's website