Needs more Super Hans quotes.

• Visit poster's website
brun027

Brazil

• Posted: 03/02/2018 19:49
  • Post subject:
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
Peep SHow

"I guess the only good thing is that my life is so boring it feels like it might go on forever"

"Conversation is rubbish. You could literally waste years talking to someone and never get to the bottom line."

Peep Show is awesome, it's so funny Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
II

Location: I'm not Botswanan, but this flag allegori(is life:)xmplifys myself..(continuationatmyprofileTEXTLIMI
Botswana

• Posted: 03/27/2018 16:35
  • Post subject: Re: Best TV shows? Curious to see what other big music fans
Thad wrote:
One of the only things that I spend as much time on as music is probably the amount of time I spend trying to watch acclaimed TV... these are my favorites:

Top 20 Dramas:

20. Luther
19. Sherlock
18. Heroes (first season)
17. Fringe
16. House of Cards (first 2 seasons)
15. Stranger Things
14. Peaky Blinders
13. Narcos
12. Black Mirror
11. The X-Files (first 7 seasons)
10. Dexter (first 4 seasons)
9. Fargo
8. Game of Thrones
7. Lost
6. Mad Men
5. Twin Peaks
4. Breaking Bad
3. The Sopranos
2. True Detective (first season)
1. The Wire

Top 10 comedies:

10. Friends
9. Scrubs
8. Freaks and Geeks
7. Parks and Recreation
6. The Office
5. 30 Rock
4. Seinfeld
3. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
2. Curb your Enthusiasm
1. Arrested Development

Top 10 cartoons:

10. Spongebob Squarepants
9. Adventure Time
8. Regular Show
7. South Park
6. King of the Hill
5. The Simpsons
4. Bob's Burgers
3. Rick and Morty (something something my IQ)
2. Futurama
1. Bojack Horseman

I probably watch too much TV, but feel free to make your own lists and discuss any of these shows or your own favorites, I'm curious to see what you guys like!

No one seems to talk about "Band of Brothers". It's a mini-series, but I definitely recommend it for people who look for the greatest and wisest TV shows, because in my opinion, it is perfect example. Steven Spielberg has based it on his war movie "Saving Private Ryan", and I believe he has made his best creation all over his whole movies.

I also recommend The Wire for anyone who hasn't watched it yet. As many say, this is clearly one of the best TV shows I have ever seen, and it's better than almost every movie I have seen, even the most acclaimed ones. After watching The Wire, watching shows like The Sopranos and Breaking Bad were a kind of a joke to me, because that show is one of the most realistic shows ever made, and it doesn't make anything "sweeter" / "sugarcoats" anything for the viewers.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is my most recommended animated series (anime). It combines many genres and gives many philosophies through the show. It has some imperfections since it's not favorable to many non-japanese anime fans / regular viewers: It has a plot that is hard for many to follow and the last two episodes are not likable. But I recommend it for anyone who has a somekind of crisis in his life or relates to emotionally to some TV shows, because when I first watched it when I was 14 years old, it has changed my life. By the way, that show has influenced the whole anime industry and many animes nowadays have some similarities to it. Evangelion is way more appriciated in Japan itself. Non-japanese should acknowledge that without Evangelion, anime series would have extincted when it was a huge crisis in the 90s.

Along with Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop is also one of the best to offer. This show has many referrences to American culture: A combination of western films, science-fiction and material art films with Jazz music in the background. I believe that anyone who claims to love anime should watch this show, because to me, if he doesn't know it, he/she's not a real anime fan.

I don't recommend people to watch TV cartoons because they have too many episodes and some cartoons have some bad ones. Watching compilations of episodes on YouTube will spend you much less time than watching the whole episodes, and most cartoons doesn't have any spoilers.
Looney Tunes of the classic days are my most recommend to watch because they have anything that cartoons must have: A very detailed comically physical motion of the characters.
Ren & Stimpy is a modern perfection of Looney Tunes with a very clever humor but with some controversies. It has influenced many TV cartoons, such as SpongeBob. I highly recommend it for cartoon lovers.

That's all I can offer, I hope you enjoyed reading it. Wink
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/02/2018 15:33
  • Post subject:
Except for a few animated TV shows, I only watch retro TV shows. Like from before I was even born. They were just funnier if they were comedies, and more enjoyable if they were dramas.

Comedies;

Green Acres
The Beverly Hillbillies
Bewitched
Mary Tyler Moore
Leave It to Beaver
Dobie Gillis
The Andy Griffith Show
The Munsters
I Dream of Jeannie
Gilligan's Island
Mary Hartman Mary Hartman

Dramas

Perry Mason
Route 66
Alfred Hitchcock Hour
Twilight Zone
The Avengers
Columbo
The outer limits
The Fugitive
77 Sunset Strip
Hawaii Five-O
Baretta
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 04/02/2018 18:32
  • Post subject:
you all should check out The Prisoner, the one from the 60s not that bs amc remake
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 04/02/2018 20:20
  • Post subject:
I watch very little TV, and most of the stuff I watch(ed) was circumstantial due to having watched an episode thanks to someone else watching while I was there. So basically when it comes to modern stuff the only thing I have watched anything close to all of are Dexter and Greys Anatomy. Was a big fan of Dexter after discovering the first two seasons on Netflix and then followed it until the end; Greys was good the first four or five seasons and has gradually gotten worse over time to where I stopped watching when I stopped dating the girl that got me into it like five years back. I have been on board with South Park and Family Guy since day 1 but don't watch each new episode religiously. Never got into the other big animated shows like Simpsons, Futurama or Rick and Morty although I do enjoy watching them occasionally. I generally just don't watch much other TV besides WWE (a few family members are big wrestling fans while I'm more of a closet insider fan/smark - definitely looking forward to Wrestlemania this Sunday though). Of course horror anthology shows like Twilight Zone and Tales from the Crypt have always held a special place in my heart and I do enjoy lots of classic sitcoms from the 50s-70s (Happy Days, Taxi, I Love Lucy, Mary Tyler Moore, Lavern and Shirley, Newhart, All in the Family, etc.).
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/02/2018 21:41
  • Post subject:
The old comedy TV shows had a goofy, nutty quality to them that new shows just don't have. And the humor on today's shows is just too trendy.. None of the shows on TV today will ever be considered classic in 40 or 50 years. None of them will be on retro TV or anything.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/02/2018 21:47
  • Post subject:
Tap wrote:
you all should check out The Prisoner, the one from the 60s not that bs amc remake

The Prisoner is awesome. I rented it years ago out of curiosity I thought it was great. I didn't know about the Remake though.
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 04/02/2018 22:34
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
The old comedy TV shows had a goofy, nutty quality to them that new shows just don't have. And the humor on today's shows is just too trendy.. None of the shows on TV today will ever be considered classic in 40 or 50 years. None of them will be on retro TV or anything.

Dude are you really falling into the trap of "this stuff I'm not interested in isn't important and the stuff I am is" come on you have to know that's weak right.

especially when Legion season 2 is starting tomorrow
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/02/2018 22:45
  • Post subject:
Tap wrote:
Dude are you really falling into the trap of "this stuff I'm not interested in isn't important and the stuff I am is" come on you have to know that's weak right.

especially when Legion season 2 is starting tomorrow

No, I don't think any of the old shows were at all important. That's why I like them. They didn't pretend that they were important. Or pretend they had something important to say. That's why they were better. The only shows that will appeal to people in 40 or 50 years are the animated comedy shows.
  • Visit poster's website