My first post ever, XD. Would you like to read it for me? :)

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
II

Location: I'm not Botswanan, but this flag allegori(is life:)xmplifys myself..(continuationatmyprofileTEXTLIMI
Botswana

• Posted: 03/19/2018 15:34
  • Post subject: My first post ever, XD. Would you like to read it for me? :)
Hello everyone, my name is "II" (you can call me "2", "Double I", "Two Eyes" or anything else that is related to my username Smile ).

I have been on BestEverAlbums since July 2017, but I have never registered... until now, of course! Laughing
I have found this site because I was looking for recommendations for music albums to listen, and thanks god! It has helped me to further my knowledge on albums, songs, tracks and people's diverse opinions!
I'm truly grateful that BestEverAlbums exists. In my opinion, this is the most honest site that gives people the oppurtunity to express their true feelings about what they like when it comes or music or even more.

Since I'm new, would you like to be nice to a newbie and welcome me? Wink

I have so many questions:

• How do I add a profile image/picture?
  • Can I change my username if it is possible?
  • What's the quickest way to level up?
If anyone would like to give me advices, I would be very glad!

I just wonder what will be my future on this site... Wish me good luck! Very Happy

(If there are any spelling or grammar errors, feel free to correct me, I'm not perfect Razz )
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 03/19/2018 16:25
  • Post subject:
Profile pic has to be pretty small

I don't know if you can change your name, you could ask the albumaster about that probably.

I originally went through and rated a bunch of album that I had heard from each year, then, as I was able to make more charts I got rid of the ratings. I have most of my points through making charts.
  • Visit poster's website
II

Location: I'm not Botswanan, but this flag allegori(is life:)xmplifys myself..(continuationatmyprofileTEXTLIMI
Botswana

• Posted: 03/19/2018 17:20
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Profile pic has to be pretty small

I don't know if you can change your name, you could ask the albumaster about that probably.

I originally went through and rated a bunch of album that I had heard from each year, then, as I was able to make more charts I got rid of the ratings. I have most of my points through making charts.

I saw that the maximum size for a profile pic is 80x80, so I have already an idea for a small pic, but I haven't found the option to do it in my profile editing, does I have to level up for that?

I'll try to ask Albummaster in a PM or suggest name-changing option here, on these forums.

I have been rating recently some tracks/songs that I have listened many times before, I believe I'll be fine if I'm to try everything that'll give me points.

Thank you very much for answering! Very Happy .
  • Visit poster's website
manurock

Spain

• Posted: 03/19/2018 17:21
  • Post subject:
Welcome! I think that the best way to level up is to comment on albums, tracks and on the forum asy you earn 2 points per comment. But please make meaningful comments for the community, not just "Great!", and same with ratings Wink

Normally newbies talk, very generally, about their music taste and favourite genres or bands. What are they on your case?
  • Visit poster's website
II

Botswana

• Posted: 03/19/2018 18:04
  • Post subject:
manurock wrote:
Welcome! I think that the best way to level up is to comment on albums, tracks and on the forum asy you earn 2 points per coment. But please make meaningful comments for the community, not just "Great!", and same with ratings Wink

Normally newbies talk, very generally, about their music taste and favourite genres or bands. What are they on your case?

I'll try to obtain as many points here as I can. It seems it's going to take a lot of time...
I'm going to plan what I'm gonna write on every album or track, I'll try to make them well-written since I might have grammar errors. I have some negative opinions on albums, tracks and artists so I'll do the best I can to explain my opinions in the nicest way as possible.

I'm so glad that you ask me about my "music taste"! Very Happy :

• Radiohead is my favorite band of all time since they have many acclaimed songs than any other band I know. A proof for it is the fact that their top 20 songs ranked at least 91. I can't give the link for Radiohead's page to show you the proof, feel free to check it on your free time when you want to Smile .

• My favorite track of all time is Echoes by Pink Floyd, because it's structure is planned very well, it has a lot emotion through the vast use of music in it, it feels like an adventure, it's easy to get used to listening it and you won't be bored for 23 minutes!
    (I apologize deeply if I didn't give enough firm opinions, I just don't know how should I do this now... )

• My favorite album of all time is Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, because it has the best collection of songs than any other album, make an average of all it's tracks' ratings and you'll see.

• I can't write every opinion I have here, there is so much to write about for me! ...

Thank you very much for posting! Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 03/19/2018 18:22
  • Post subject:
II wrote:
manurock wrote:
Welcome! I think that the best way to level up is to comment on albums, tracks and on the forum asy you earn 2 points per coment. But please make meaningful comments for the community, not just "Great!", and same with ratings Wink

I'll try to obtain as many points here as I can. It seems it's going to take a lot of time...
I'm going to plan what I'm gonna write on every album or track, I'll try to make them well-written since I might have grammar errors. I have some negative opinions on albums, tracks and artists so I'll do the best I can to explain my opinions in the nicest way as possible.

I'm so glad that you ask me about my "music taste"! Very Happy :

• Radiohead is my favorite band of all time since they have many acclaimed songs than any other band I know. A proof for it is the fact that their top 20 songs ranked at least 91. I can't give the link for Radiohead's page to show you the proof, feel free to check it on your free time when you want to Smile .

• My favorite track of all time is Echoes by Pink Floyd, because it's structure is planned very well, it has a lot emotion through the vast use of music in it, it feels like an adventure, it's easy to get used to listening it and you won't be bored for 23 minutes!
    (I apologize deeply if I didn't give enough firm opinions, I just don't know how should I do this now... )

• My favorite album of all time is Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, because it has the best collection of songs than any other album, make an average of all it's tracks' ratings and you'll see.

• I can't write every opinion I have here, there is so much to write about for me! ...

Thank you very much for posting! Very Happy

No. But you can if u make a diary. Wink

Check out the musical diary section of the forum for ideas.

Welcome! And the fastest way to garner ponts it's just to be active in the forums. If you become active in the discussions then getting points becomes pretty easy.
  • Visit poster's website
II

Botswana

• Posted: 03/19/2018 20:15
  • Post subject:
Tilly wrote:

No. But you can if u make a diary. Wink

Check out the musical diary section of the forum for ideas.

Welcome! And the fastest way to garner ponts it's just to be active in the forums. If you become active in the discussions then getting points becomes pretty easy.

What is a music diary? Is it a kind of a game I make that is related to music? It seems interesting...

I'll try to be as active as I constantly can, there is a lot to do and discover.

Thank you very much for your answer! Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
II

Botswana

• Posted: 03/20/2018 02:39
  • Post subject:
Guys, I have more questions to ask, if you have some time:

• How does a music diary work?
  • How do I add an album to the site?

I would be very glad, thanks! Very Happy [/list]
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/20/2018 02:43
  • Post subject:
The music diary works by going to that section and post a reply. There you can post your thoughts on albums you have heard for a while or just the first time. While the ability to add new albums to the site, you just put an album to one of your charts and fill the info from there.
  • Visit poster's website
II

Botswana

• Posted: 03/20/2018 03:01
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
The music diary works by going to that section and post a reply. There you can post your thoughts on albums you have heard for a while or just the first time. While the ability to add new albums to the site, you just put an album to one of your charts and fill the info from there.

Thanks for explaining the Music Diary, it's really cool and I migh have some ideas Smile .

Seriously, adding an album only through a chart? and what if I don't want to put this in my "greatest album chart"? This is the only chart I can do now... I'll think of some solutions then...

Thanks for you help! Smile
  • Visit poster's website