Are You Ever Happy With Your Chart?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Are You Ever Happy With Your Chart?
Yes, Currently
22%
 22%  [8]
Not Currently, But I Have Been In The Past
20%
 20%  [7]
No, Never
57%
 57%  [20]
Total Votes : 35

AAL2014

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 20:42
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
AAL2014 wrote:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Despite the fact that the whole point of this site is to construct lists (and how in doing so some users go to vast endeavours to rank and rate everything), my 'Top 100 Greatest Albums' are just 100 LPs I totally adore, mainly due to personal taste and how they've impacted/continue to impact on my life. As with Tap's Autechre example, mine could quite easily get over-run with multiple albums from the same act, and as I would personally get bored seeing the same artist (cough... Radiohead... cough... Beatles... Floyd... cough) clogging up room like cholesterol in an artery I eschew this on every chart I compile, aside from the artist-specific ones and my Dub Chart. It also allows me the opportunity to highlight some artists others may not have heard of, helping to feed a 'knowledge exchange' which was always a big part of what I used to love about BEA.

My Overall 100 simply represents 100 personal landmark LPs (ranked in precise order of preference, obvs.), and the 100 records I'd grab (after making sure my family are safe) if my house caught fire. They're all packed up in flight cases in case the unthinkable happens. And given that after ages on this site my 100's stayed pretty static (short of some new discoveries, a couple from some BEAutiful types - my ears are always after something to make the hairs on my neck stand on end or dance around like a loony) I'd say that I'm not only happy with my chart, but over the fuckin' moon with it. It's far more accurate a picture of me than the result of any psychometric test will give you.

Beautifully stated.

I think you meant BEAutifully stated Smile

But yes, this is another perspective many veterans of the site have and I can agree with it. Creating the best objective list or whatever list is a bit impossible, so why not use a list to share experiences and increase a pool of knowledge. That's definitely why I'm here, and all of you know I have a long way to go.

For me personally I like my list of the Top 100 Radiohead albums, I mean best albums, but want to increase my knowledge/experiences by using the forums, etc. and looking at others charts, who might have 5 Beatles albums, but they also have 95 other really interesting albums all the same.

And that's the BEAuty of the site - there's like 20,000 different view points and the aggregate of them is benefiting us all.

BEAutifully stated.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2018 21:04
  • Post subject:
Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 04/17/2018 14:08
  • Post subject:
i'm never happy
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/17/2018 15:46
  • Post subject:
If I get dissatisfied with it, I just change it. Then I'm satisfied again. I don't see what the big problem is.
  • Visit poster's website