Discography's of talented Rock Bands

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/18/2018 20:38
  • Post subject:
O.K. so I'm literally dreading the next Tull and Rush albums (sellouts? JK) So next will be Pink Floyd's Piper at the Gates of Dawn.
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/21/2018 18:14
  • Post subject:
Having a tough time with my diary cause of the genre Olympics.. Anyhow Pink Floyd's Piper at the Gates of Dawn is fine (score of 90) It is very atmospheric, and a worthy predecessor of the Autechre album I discovered at the genre Olympics. I didn't want to listen to it before because I was afraid I'd be disappointed (Atom Heart Mother, another pre-DSOTM album, was awful and not worthy of what looks like it will still be my favorite band). I guess Syd Barrett was pretty clever, but the album is too atmospheric to really shoot it to the heights of later Roger Waters era Pink Floyd) I guess there was a lot of room for music to develop in these early times. Also, props for the cool psychedelia. This is what the Beatles would sound like if they justified their hype as an "art" band. As it is their "art" is not really in the vein of western classical music (or at least competently so) and they are therefore not "progressive rock" like Pink Floyd is, a misconception I had earlier. Pink Floyd is way better than the Beatles to me...
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/28/2018 20:30
  • Post subject:
This isn't going recurrent these guys are having trouble keeping my interest. No wonder Rock is dead lol
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 05/29/2018 05:17
  • Post subject:
YoungPunk wrote:
This isn't going recurrent these guys are having trouble keeping my interest. No wonder Rock is dead lol

Laughing

I remember getting burned out on rock reviewing discographies like this. Sometimes you gotta spice it up with stuff in between. Often it's not just the genre, it's the fact that you are listening to the same genre for extended periods of time. It's like that study, where if people are in black and white rooms for too long, they start imagining color.

Enjoy and cool progress!
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/29/2018 16:01
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
Laughing

I remember getting burned out on rock reviewing discographies like this. Sometimes you gotta spice it up with stuff in between. Often it's not just the genre, it's the fact that you are listening to the same genre for extended periods of time. It's like that study, where if people are in black and white rooms for too long, they start imagining color.

Enjoy and cool progress!

But I went through a phase where I didn't listen to anything but Rossini's Bel Canto Operas! He's the real king...
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/29/2018 20:11
  • Post subject:
Listening to Saucerful of Secrets by Pink Floyd now. Sorry, just couldn't think of anything else to listen to. This diary section is super active and I am having trouble keeping up... Maybe BEA could make the front page accommodate more diaries?
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/29/2018 20:55
  • Post subject:
Its a great record. I can sort of see them zeroing in on what classical music sounds like on this album. Its harder to make good classical music like in the Progressive Rock heyday than atmospheric music like Piper, so it is very daring, but I think they succeed and surprisingly make a record that is a little bit better than the first one. Still 90 though....
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/30/2018 21:52
  • Post subject:
Listened to a bunch of Rush, Tull, and Santana albums out of order. For now wow Tulls War Child blows, didn't make it through yet. Should I even try and give it a rating? Will write reviews on the other albums out of order. Sorry, don't want to relisten to too much stuff, especially 90 scored albums
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/31/2018 22:26
  • Post subject:
Is this an appropriate place to post your personal feelings. I'm feeling very down. My charts suck... I don't know anything about music... I am a very offensive person... How can I manage a diary with these feelings? Sad
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 05/31/2018 22:39
  • Post subject:
YoungPunk wrote:
Is this an appropriate place to post your personal feelings. I'm feeling very down. My charts suck... I don't know anything about music... I am a very offensive person... How can I manage a diary with these feelings? Sad

It's perfectly fine to express your feelings. Also never think your chart is bad or you being offensive. You go by your terms and continue your journey. If people give you shit, ignore it. Hell you definitely have albums that I do adore. Love Starboy, Awaken My Love, digging the hell out of Funk Wav Bounces and made me look at Borboletta from Santana. So you are performing a bit of a change even if it is small. Also the fact that you grew an appreciation for Confield is such a fucking bonus that I would like to see where you look at Autechre other work. So in the end, don't feel bad. Always take a break if you need it.
  • Visit poster's website