EVERYBODY LISTEN TO LIFE AQUATIC BAND

View previous topic :: View next topic
benfitzuk

• Posted: 05/20/2018 15:37
  • Post subject: EVERYBODY LISTEN TO LIFE AQUATIC BAND
To as many people as possible: Go to spotify and listen to "Life aquatic band". Their music is fantastic and I'm sure most of you will enjoy it. They've only got 120 followers, so go follow them now. Any comments you have on them post them on this forum or go to their page on besteveralbums.com and rate their songs/single and yeah I'm just very excited about this!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 05/20/2018 15:38
  • Post subject:
Will get to this in a bit.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/20/2018 17:14
  • Post subject: Re: EVERYBODY LISTEN TO LIFE AQUATIC BAND
Usually posts like this promoting very unknown bands are from an actual member of the band trying to pass themselves off as just a fan (which seeing as this band is from the UK and has two entire members called Ben, there's totally a chance right?).

So, if you are one of the Bens - there's no shame in self promotion, we've got a dedicated thread for it and generally really encouraging group of members that will be willing to hear you out and give you feedback, if you're willing to be part of the community.

You've got a cool band going - keep it up! I imagine you'd be a really fun band to get a bit tipsy with and watch live. I get that the aesthetic and vibe is that you tackle lots of genres and sounds, I think you'd do best finding what makes you unique and really running with it. When those brass instruments comes in you've got something really worthwhile, whereas the indie rock tracks can start feeling a little bit run-of-the-mill. There's obviously some talented musicians in the group, you're able to get a really good groove going at times. Keep things simple, don't let instruments compete too much, find the 'core' of a song and bring it to the forefront. The recordings do have that classic flat sound that a lot of bands starting out suffer from, don't be too precious and you'll iron that out in time. You remind me of a British version of whysowhite, who I learnt about in similar circumstances.

If you're not one of the Bens - cool, cheers for sharing.
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/21/2018 03:22
  • Post subject:
No because you made another overrated thread...
  • Visit poster's website