Two albums a day means he has too much time

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
benfitzuk

• Posted: 06/01/2018 10:23
  • Post subject: Two albums a day means he has too much time
This is just gonna be the albums I've listened to each day (I normally listen to at least two)
Let's just see how my music taste develops and feel free to leave any comments!
  • Visit poster's website
benfitzuk

• Posted: 06/01/2018 18:27
  • Post subject: Day 1
Radiohead marathon:

AMNESIAC:
Wow wow wow. What an album that was just so packed full of emotion and power. I’d go as far to say as it being the best Radiohead album. Much darker than in rainbows. One of the best opening tracks I’ve ever listened to but you annwhose army has got to be the best track.

HAIL TO THE THIEF:
Good album but not chart worthy, but it was hard to think much of it fresh out of listening to amnesiac. 2 + 2 = 5 has gotta be the best track though, a new favourite of mine.
  • Visit poster's website
benfitzuk

• Posted: 06/03/2018 12:30
  • Post subject: Great day
Finished my radiohead marathon

KING OF LIMBS (6/10): So hard to listen to the whole album, not very impressed.

A MOON SHAPED POOL (8/10): Brilliant album can't wait to see what radiohead will bring us in the upcoming years. Not so much a fan of daydreaming, but Burn the witch was fantastic.

My ranking of the radiohead albums:
1. Amnesiac
2. The Bends
3. In Rainbows
4. OK Computer
5. A moon shaped pool
6. Hail to the thief
7. Pablo Honey
8. King of limbs
9. Kid A
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/03/2018 13:57
  • Post subject:
In one breath, the fact that Kid A and The King of Limbs are in the bottom of the list definitely broke my heart a little. Love those albums immensely. However, I can't get that mad since Amnesiac and In Rainbows are in the top 3. So for me at least you got to take the good from the bad.
  • Visit poster's website
Amirkhosro

Iran

• Posted: 06/04/2018 20:46
  • Post subject:
I understand the love for Amnesiac. Lots of dope music on there. Even stuff like Hunting Bears sound very memorable.

I'm used to thinking Kid A is their best work. Although it's not something I'd listen to these days, I recognize it as a a masterpiece and a major classic.

Now I kinda feel like giving Amnesiac another chance though.
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2018 21:56
  • Post subject:
only recently found that i really liked amnesiac. for the longest time i thought it was overhyped due to the artist which made it. but nah, its great.

i like your diary thus far.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
benfitzuk

• Posted: 06/05/2018 18:24
  • Post subject: F a n t a s t i c
Haven't been able to listen to much recently because of exams but yeah managed to squeeze two in.

LED ZEPPELIN (8/10): Really enjoyed this one. I've never listened to a led zeppelin album before but was impressed with a first try. I think this'll be my new marathon now. Dazed and confused is easily the stand out.

MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY (10/10): Oh my god. This just stunned me. I had only listened to stronger and gold digger before, but this is genuinely a work of art. One of the best albums I've ever listened to. Hard to pick a stand out but I enjoyed So appaled, Runaway and dark fantasy the most.

I think I'll do a marathon of both led zeppelin and kanye west. Kanye on the way to school and led zep on the way back. Point is I'll try and fit both in every day.

And to the comments before on my ranking of radiohead albums, I just don't get what's so good about kid a. I feel it was overhyped for me and I didn't enjoy it and it didn't make me feel anything. idk
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/05/2018 19:19
  • Post subject: Re: F a n t a s t i c
benfitzuk wrote:
Haven't been able to listen to much recently because of exams but yeah managed to squeeze two in.

LED ZEPPELIN (8/10): Really enjoyed this one. I've never listened to a led zeppelin album before but was impressed with a first try. I think this'll be my new marathon now. Dazed and confused is easily the stand out.

MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY (10/10): Oh my god. This just stunned me. I had only listened to stronger and gold digger before, but this is genuinely a work of art. One of the best albums I've ever listened to. Hard to pick a stand out but I enjoyed So appaled, Runaway and dark fantasy the most.

I think I'll do a marathon of both led zeppelin and kanye west. Kanye on the way to school and led zep on the way back. Point is I'll try and fit both in every day.

And to the comments before on my ranking of radiohead albums, I just don't get what's so good about kid a. I feel it was overhyped for me and I didn't enjoy it and it didn't make me feel anything. idk

Bruh it is fine that you didn't feel anything for Kid A. Well acclaimed albums won't speak to everyone.
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 06/06/2018 00:16
  • Post subject: Re: F a n t a s t i c
Luigii wrote:
benfitzuk wrote:

Bruh it is fine that you didn't feel anything for Kid A. Well acclaimed albums won't speak to everyone.

While I totally agree with you there Luigii, it's only up until a few months that I thought KID A was untouchable. It's still may favourite work of theirs - only by a fraction - and I think OK Computer is their best but ever since January I've noticed a sort of interesting phenomenon with people's responses to it. People I know in real life and online have mixed feelings about it. And from years of talking about it and their other albums I've never known anyone to have a negative comment other than the fact that it's a little too depressing, which I don't whether you're aware, but that's one of its biggest themes. So it's hard to put that down as a criticism. I really don't know what my point is here and certainly don't want anyone to think that I'm prepared to chastise you for not liking it. I guess I just wanted to make a mention of what I've noticed. And great blog by the way, benfitzuk! Looking forward to more man. Keep it up!

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
benfitzuk

• Posted: 06/06/2018 10:40
  • Post subject:
Quote:

Luigii wrote:
benfitzuk wrote:

While I totally agree with you there Luigii, it's only up until a few months that I thought KID A was untouchable. It's still may favourite work of theirs - only by a fraction - and I think OK Computer is their best but ever since January I've noticed a sort of interesting phenomenon with people's responses to it. People I know in real life and online have mixed feelings about it. And from years of talking about it and their other albums I've never known anyone to have a negative comment other than the fact that it's a little too depressing, which I don't whether you're aware, but that's one of its biggest themes. So it's hard to put that down as a criticism. I really don't know what my point is here and certainly don't want anyone to think that I'm prepared to chastise you for not liking it. I guess I just wanted to make a mention of what I've noticed. And great blog by the way, benfitzuk! Looking forward to more man. Keep it up!

Mod: Post reported
  • Visit poster's website