Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 06/06/2018 20:00
  • Post subject: Album of the day (#2731): Tango In The Night
Today's album of the day

Tango In The Night by Fleetwood Mac (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1987.
Overall rank: 1,144
Average rating: 73/100 (from 238 votes).

Tracks:
1. Big Love
2. Seven Wonders
3. Everywhere
4. Caroline
5. Tango In The Night
6. Mystfied
7. Little Lies
8. Family Man
9. Welcome To The Room...Sara
10. Isn't It Midnight
11. When I See You Again
12. You And I, Pt. 2

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 06/06/2018 22:42
  • Post subject:
The era where Fleetwood Mac was a singles band. You should get the greatest hits if you're thinking of buying this stuff... My opinion anyway...

edit: anyone agree/disagree?
  • Visit poster's website
CharlieBarley

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/07/2018 22:53
  • Post subject:
I love this album
1987 was a very hard year for me and albums like this one made it a lot more bearable.
Its not their best album but it got some great tracks on it and probably their second best collection of singles off a Mac album after Rumours.
Why on earth did Mick Fleetwood sack Lyndsey Buckingham from the touring band? Now I'm never gonna get a chance to see the classic line-up live. Damn...
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 06/08/2018 00:17
  • Post subject:
I think Christine will manage fine, she had the best tracks off the Buckingham/McVie album... Lindsey is not the creative force behind the band imo. See Peter Green era as well...
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 06/08/2018 15:35
  • Post subject:
YoungPunk wrote:
The era where Fleetwood Mac was a singles band. You should get the greatest hits if you're thinking of buying this stuff... My opinion anyway...

edit: anyone agree/disagree?

Agree. But this one had 5 hit singles on it, so maybe it's worth having. But it's not even as good as Mirage, which wasn't that great either.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 06/09/2018 02:51
  • Post subject:
YoungPunk wrote:
I think Christine will manage fine, she had the best tracks off the Buckingham/McVie album... Lindsey is not the creative force behind the band imo. See Peter Green era as well...

Without Lindsey, Fleetwood Mac was the tired blues band that couldn't make it work with a large number of guitar players. You probably can't name the album before he joined...because Heroes Are Hard To Find showed why they needed Lindsey. They were done. Fleetwood Mac was over. Lindsey was basically the ONLY powerfully creative force in the band. The two women contributed songs...but it was Buckingham who made it sound like it did.

And the 1975 Mac album...the one before Rumours...continues to be horribly underappreciated on BEA.

That one with this song on it...

Link

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 06/09/2018 18:02
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
Without Lindsey, Fleetwood Mac was the tired blues band that couldn't make it work with a large number of guitar players. You probably can't name the album before he joined...because Heroes Are Hard To Find showed why they needed Lindsey. They were done. Fleetwood Mac was over. Lindsey was basically the ONLY powerfully creative force in the band. The two women contributed songs...but it was Buckingham who made it sound like it did.

And the 1975 Mac album...the one before Rumours...continues to be horribly underappreciated on BEA.

That one with this song on it...

Link

I don't know, I feel as long as you're out there and you're touring you're a success. That's why I think my band was a success because we were out there and touring for a long time in a lot of different places, and they even pirated my music and used it elsewhere (my band was compensated). That said we couldn't continue forever because we just couldn't make enough money.There are so many people that can't even get that far. Also I like the Peter Green era music. Albatross for example, is an amazing song imo. Kinda like Pink Floyd, Roger Waters era was the most successful, but Syd Barrett music was also good and kept the band going. Just my opinion...
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 06/09/2018 18:14
  • Post subject:
Honestly from a personal standpoint I'm actually excited Lindsey's gone so they might make more modern sounding music... will definitely check out their next album...
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 06/10/2018 17:24
  • Post subject:
YoungPunk wrote:
Honestly from a personal standpoint I'm actually excited Lindsey's gone so they might make more modern sounding music... will definitely check out their next album...

Lindsey's been gone before. 3 times before. He's been replaced by Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, Dave Mason. Here's the album they made after Lindsey's departure in 1995:

Time by Fleetwood Mac

This would be easily the worst Mac album since the previously mentioned Heroes Are Hard To Find...pretty ,much proof, again, that without Lindsey Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac has been basically over since about 1974.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 06/10/2018 17:33
  • Post subject:
Well, I guess you are probably more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am but I'm still gonna check out their next album...
  • Visit poster's website