Lachapelle

Canada

• Posted: 08/02/2018 01:25
  • Post subject:
Currently on constant rotation..

Motorpsycho
Opeth
Deafheaven

Slowly been getting into the heavier side of progressive rock. If you disagree with any of these being progressive I won't be mad as it's a very loose term nowadays, but I'd rather not have that argument.. Very Happy

I feel as though Motorpsycho is very underrated for the quality of material they've put out throughout the years. I have yet to hear a bad track! And I've been seriously digging. Although just a precaution, if you like to hunt down physical copies of your favourite artists this one's gonna get mad expensive.. I did manage to grab an original vinyl copy of Trust Us for dirt cheap somehow at my local shop so that was exciting!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 08/02/2018 01:27
  • Post subject:
Lachapelle wrote:

Motorpsycho
Opeth
Deafheaven

Slowly been getting into the heavier side of progressive rock. If you disagree with any of these being progressive I won't be mad as it's a very loose term nowadays, but I'd rather not have that argument.. Very Happy

I feel as though Motorpsycho is very underrated for the quality of material they've put out throughout the years. I have yet to hear a bad track! And I've been seriously digging. Although just a precaution, if you like to hunt down physical copies of your favourite artists this one's gonna get mad expensive.. I did manage to grab an original vinyl copy of Trust Us for dirt cheap somehow at my local shop so that was exciting!

Deafheaven is so good. Love there recent album so much and there last album from 2015 was also tight.
  • Visit poster's website
Viibes

• Posted: 08/02/2018 03:32
  • Post subject:
I've been listening to a bunch of Synthwave and Cyberpunk inspired music lately. I found a really awesome playlist that I've been pulling a lot of songs from to make my own playlist out of.

Here's a link if you want to check it out: https://open.spotify.com/user/elisamuno...p1w3SQWqGC bpUuZm0fg
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 08/02/2018 03:41
  • Post subject:

Car And Freezer by Eiko Ishibashi

I'd heard about Ishibashi from her weird improv/experimental collaborations, but it turns out she also is a Jim O'Rourke type and also does really amazing pop stuff. This one reminds me of O'Rourke's Simple Songs in some ways, but is really its own thing. I can't get enough. It's on streaming, check it out.
  • Visit poster's website
carpents

United States

• Posted: 08/02/2018 18:09
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Lachapelle wrote:

Motorpsycho
Opeth
Deafheaven

Deafheaven is so good. Love there recent album so much and there last album from 2015 was also tight.

I saw Lachapelle's comment on the latest Deafheaven album, so I gave it a few listens. Would have made a funny reaction video....nice...very nice...really nice....WHOA VOCALS WTH? Pretty much every song. Deafheaven is a beautiful pristine spiderweb; their singer is walking face-first into it. You can get used to it, but it's never truly nice. And it ruins the web.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Lachapelle

Canada

• Posted: 08/03/2018 00:51
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:

I've managed to grab copies of both Sunbather and OCHL and I'm really digging both, however I've yet to listen to their 2015 album but it's next on the list! (As soon as I find a copy..)

carpents wrote:
I saw Lachapelle's comment on the latest Deafheaven album, so I gave it a few listens. Would have made a funny reaction video....nice...very nice...really nice....WHOA VOCALS WTH? Pretty much every song. Deafheaven is a beautiful pristine spiderweb; their singer is walking face-first into it. You can get used to it, but it's never truly nice. And it ruins the web.

I mostly agree with this comment. It's never truly "nice" by any means, but it's buried so deep in the mix that it works almost like a rusty synthesizer more so than an actual human voice so I tend to appreciate it more as a sound/feeling rather than vocals, if that makes any sense at all.. And it honestly took multiple (and I mean more than 5) full listens before it hit me. And as I said in the review, I truly like them now.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 08/03/2018 04:11
  • Post subject:

Decisive Action by Ned Rothenberg / Satoh Masahiko

Mal Vu. Mal Dit. by Ton-Art
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 08/26/2018 03:59
  • Post subject:
Because I was already no stranger to them due to my mom's interest, I guess that this awesome act would be a re-discovery for me. To me they were overlooked for the award show bling WAY too many times!

Link

God bless you and every member and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. The video here is their first one and for the record, they were given a few things, but in the grand scheme considering all that they put into their performances which several of their other videos also show, how often they were overlooked is WAY too much of a musical industry injustice. I thank God that awards are not what get the bills paid or they wouldn't have two coins to rub together. Sad Sad Sad

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
Lachapelle

Canada

• Posted: 10/17/2018 01:12
  • Post subject:
Man... How is Motorpsycho never talked about..?

Every album I find of theirs is my new favourite. Just picked up Heavy Metal Fruit and cannot stop listening. These guys are mad talented. For those into experimental rock of any kind - PLEASE do yourself a favour.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
DaVGManiac

Romania

• Posted: 10/20/2018 15:53
  • Post subject: Recently Discovered & Can't Stop Listening
Just recently got into Coil — really underrated band, mostly due to the limited reissues. As a big fan of experimental music, I started with Horse Rotorvator (industrial), then checked out their other releases, ranging from electronica (Black Antlers, Love's Secret Domain), to dark ambient (Musick to Play in the Dark Vol. 1 & 2), and finishing off with their most well received LP (The Ape of Naples).

Last edited by DaVGManiac on 12/28/2018 15:47; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website