Video Game Music... Again

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2018 01:31
  • Post subject: Video Game Music... Again
I know I've brought this up in the past, but I think this is always a fun topic.

I was always impressed with the amount of sound that could come out of my modest gameboy. I've been listening to a lot of that recently.

I find it impressive what some were able to with so little. (It was the same 8 Bit soundchip they used for the NES).

A couple of my favorites from the original Pokemon games.

Link

Link

One of the best, David Wise

Link

A bit of Kirby

Link

And there's just a shitload of good ones on here.

Link
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2018 01:33
  • Post subject:
We're doing this again. Well I'm bumping to this:

Link

Enjoy the hell out of this, even when We Love Katamari's soundtrack is a bit better.
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 07/20/2018 01:39
  • Post subject:
Y'all are already sleeping on this:

Link

It's fucking shameful! This is eternally fire!

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2018 01:42
  • Post subject:
Komorebi-D wrote:

Link

Bruh it is fire. But I don't know, both A Link To the Past and The Minish Cap OST's are dope as well.
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 07/20/2018 01:45
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Komorebi-D wrote:

Link

Bruh it is fire. But I don't know, both A Link To the Past and The Minish Cap OST's are dope as well.

They all are. Especially Link To The Past too.

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2018 01:48
  • Post subject:
Komorebi-D wrote:
Luigii wrote:
Komorebi-D wrote:

Link

Well yeah, the majority of Nintendo Games soundtracks are all killer no filler.
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 07/20/2018 02:08
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Komorebi-D wrote:
Luigii wrote:
Komorebi-D wrote:

Link

Well yeah, the majority of Nintendo Games soundtracks are all killer no filler.

True, so let's go a different route then...

Link

It was a toss up between this & Reach's, because I was looking to throw a bit of curve ball by not mentioning the original trilogy, but this one won out due to the fact that it's the most overlooked. It's something that speaks to the game as a whole really; it's pretty underrated. Playing the shit out of the original Bungie Halo titles comprised most of my time spent as a kid. I was a few years too late to the 360 party which you'll able to tell by the simple fact that ODST came with my console. At that time, I and my friends thought it wasn't our style but coming back to in recent years, I've realised what fun it is. Sure, Reach is superior but this is almost a complete reinvention of the formula and it's a pretty rewarding entry just for it. Yeah, they got rid of multiplayer in the traditional sense within the series exclusively for this title but Firefight is brilliant on its own. And it just gets perfected in Reach, a year later. As for the soundtrack, because that is the overall point of this post, it provides with me so much nostalgia for late nights spent traversing New Mombasa, worrying that I was about to get ganged up on by some brutes from behind. And the African inspired drumming style gives you that necessary and focused adrenaline rush for the action scenes. It's not Bungie's most blockbuster title but it could be one of their most fascinating detours, if you give it chance. Especially since you're cast in a more vulnerable role gameplay-wise in comparison to the Master Cheif.

EDIT: Now I want to do a Favourite 5 for the original Bungie games. I mean I did the MCU films. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Komorebi-D on 07/20/2018 02:12; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2018 02:10
  • Post subject:
Halo's soundtracks were realistically in the definition of epic. Would have to listen to them to form an opinion on them. Remember a few tracks from Halo 2 but other than that, I would have to visit back.
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 07/20/2018 02:28
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Halo's soundtracks were realistically in the definition of epic. Would have to listen to them to form an opinion on them. Remember a few tracks from Halo 2 but other than that, I would have to visit back.

I'd recommending trying to steer clear of the Master Chief collection from a few years back. Like it's okay but it's not the same. Take this from a true Halo fan. At least of the originals from 2001-2010. Like 4 was alright but spent too long in primary school theorizing with my friends what it could be that nothing was ever going to live up to our expectations. And by that time, we'd all kind of moved onto other things, so coming back to the series for a new entry didn't have that same excitement. Which is weird to say considering the amount of times I've left a marvel movie with my friends and we'd talk about how it was going to lead onto Infinity War, then it came and it was better than anything we come up with. Plus what we got wasn't up to the par of what Bungie gave us which we all knew was going to happen as 14 year olds since they left the series and 343 took over. We kind of felt shortchanged by that remastering of Combat Evolved too; we only got four of the original fucking maps, right? And they were butchered even in that state. I still have yet to finish 5 and it looked interesting to me before release but even I don't know what happened. I'm probably not going to optimistic about Infinite as we get closer to it either, which makes me sad. Am I rambling? Sorry if I am actually rambling.

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/20/2018 02:29
  • Post subject:
Komorebi-D wrote:
I'd recommending trying to steer clear of the Master Chief collection from a few years back. Like it's okay but it's not the same. Take this from a true Halo fan. At least of the originals from 2001-2010. Like 4 was alright but spent too long in primary school theorizing with my friends what it could be that nothing was ever going to live up to our expectations. And by that time, we'd all kind of moved onto other things, so coming back to the series for a new entry didn't have that same excitement. Which is weird to say considering the amount of times I've left a marvel movie with my friends and we'd talk about how it was going to lead onto Infinity War, then it came and it was better than anything we come up with. Plus what we got wasn't up to the par of what Bungie gave us which we all knew was going to happen as 14 year olds since they left the series and 343 took over. We kind of felt shortchanged by that remastering of Combat Evolved too; we only got four of the original fucking maps, right? And they were butchered even in that state. I still have yet to finish 5 and it looked interesting to me before release but even I don't know what happened. I'm probably not going to optimistic about Infinite as we get closer to it either, which makes me sad. Am I rambling? Sorry if I am actually rambling.

Bruh, it's perfectly fine. We ramble on stuff we truly love.
  • Visit poster's website