View previous topic :: View next topic
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 05/10/2019 12:52
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Tilly wrote:
Got to see the Celtics live from the nosebleeds on Friday. We play great 1st quarters I guess. lol The Bucks deserve to win the series. So frustrating to see my team play so flat especially live at the Garden.

No chemistry.

ps. The Garden has an insane selection of craft beer! lol

Dude that's bizarre, I was there too. I'd graduated that morning and my parents surprised me with nosebleed tickets, we were in section 310 iirc. They also carry downeast cider which is my usual go-to, gotta try and get some more in before I leave their distribution area

We were in 302! Second to last row. Mostly drinking Harpoon in order to watch that.

Happy Graduation!!! Party Dancing Party Dancing Was it MIT? I think I remember that for some reason.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 05/10/2019 23:06
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
Nah it seems that you just overrated OKC and the Celtics like most of us did, even after their less than spectacular regular season. Celtics' chemistry just seemed way off, and some players looked like they regressed since last year.

I personally thought Raptors would have it a bit easier over the Sixers. I still think they win game 7.
And I think Warriors win even without Durant.

Yeah, I think a lot of it is that I underrated the Bucks because I don't think they're "ready" and the Raptors taking it is long overdue. I've never liked the 76ers (inconsistent despite Butler being one of my favorite players in the league right now), and I just didn't think the Trailblazers would dominate. On paper the Celtics had this, but sometimes the paper isn't accurate.

I did predict this would be the Nuggets year in the WC, though.
  • Visit poster's website
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 05/12/2019 04:20
  • Post subject:
My biggest takeaway from watching the playoffs this year is that Antetokounmpo is the most exciting player in the league right now. I'd like to see the Bucks continue just to watch him play some more.
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 05/12/2019 22:56
  • Post subject:
Well that game was fun, really thought the Nuggets were going to advance but McCollum really came through, should be a fun series with the Warriors nevertheless though even without Durant I still see GS winning it in 5-6 games.

Now to see who wins the next one, ohhhhh Kanada! or the city I'm in rn, Philly
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 05/13/2019 16:04
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:

Yeah, I think a lot of it is that I underrated the Bucks because I don't think they're "ready" and the Raptors taking it is long overdue.

I kind of had Nuggets out in the first round because of that. Felt that their best players have been too "inconsistent". Not sure if that's what happened yesterday, when many of them had a bad game. The future is bright though.

What a finish to the Raptors game. I only watched the last 5 minutes or so, but it was insane. First their defense in general, then Kawhi with the insane bucket. The ECF should be so so fun. This really does feel like the year for the Raptors. The Kawhi trade was high risk, high reward - I even felt it wasn't a good move if they only got him for one season, as I thought there was no way of Toronto winning the title, and after he's gone, you have very little left. So far it's going well though.

Sixers were better than I thought to be honest. But like with Raptors, these playoffs were kind of high stakes for them. It also depends on what happens in the summer, but if Butler/Harris leave without much in return, "the process" kind of underwhelmed in my opinion.

Anyway, Warriors in 5, Bucks in 7.
Warriors can and will win even without Durant, Bucks' depth will reward them. But it should be very close.
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 05/13/2019 21:09
  • Post subject:
I have faith in the Great North, the Raptors will... Run Away With It (Me). Well if they can get it done in six, going to a game seven in Milwaulkee might be tough. Warriors should do it in five or six even without Durant, but congrats on Portland for doing so well short-handed. Hope they keep the McCollum-Lillard backcourt together.
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 05/13/2019 22:09
  • Post subject:
Though earlier in his career (before he developed more offensively) Kawhi seemed the second coming of Scottie Pippen, he is reminding me more and more of Michael Jordan from the 96-98 period when Jordan had lost "some" of his athleticism and quickness but made up for it with extremely efficient movements/angles/moves. Kawhi is of course a much different personality and competitor but their games relative to this period (including defense) are very similar. Would not be surprised if Kawhi has infact modeled his game after those Jordan seasons.

Giannis doesnt have quite the same ceiling (yet) as the 3-4 best overall players in the NBA (from the standpoint of overall skill and potential to control and dominate any given game: Durant, LeBron, Anthony Davis, Kawhi ... However, all 4 lose some consistent, overall value whether due to age and conserving energy, especially defensive [LeBron], whether not always having a fanatical enough competitve drive and/or too many other weapons on his team to fall back on [Durant], whether prone to injury or misses too many games [Davis, Kawhi]) ...but Giannis is closing in fast and is now close enough to where his overwhelming athleticism, relentless effort/energy (reminiscent of 85-89 Jordan) translates to equal, perhaps even higher overall value on a night in, night out basis, than any of them. If he successfully develops his shot a bit more (which he has clearly been working on already, along with his passing) -- then it's over -- he could end up being one of the very best players we've ever seen. He is already almost a terrifying hybrid of Anthony Davis and Dominque Wilkins. Look out.

This match up between these 2 and their very well matched teams should be epic. Lets hope it lives up to its potential.
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 05/15/2019 01:44
  • Post subject:
Warriors over Blazers in 5
Raptors over Bucks in 7
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 05/15/2019 08:17
  • Post subject:
Kawhi might just be my favorite player in the modern NBA.
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 05/16/2019 02:10
  • Post subject:
The Raptors series have been great TV. The 76ers series was dramatic... and the game tonight looks great. Good basketball no matter who wins.