"The Micheal Jordan of drunk driving played his final game tonight"

- Andrew Jackson Jihad
 
You must listen to the album below you: canon edition

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 118, 119, 120  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Best Ever Albums -> Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Luigii



Gender: Male
Age: 24
United States

#1061 | Posted: 06/19/2019 21:44 | Post subject: Reply with quote
(1)


For one, I just love the mans flow. There is something about it that not only smooth and confident but the way he raps words feels like quite complex but he owns it. Second thought I want to dig further there were bars that made me go damn. The lemmings line was so damn good and I would like to say the story on No Regrets was awesome. Hell I could say that with any song on here. Back on the flow but I could see how his flow was influential to Daveed Diggs from Clipping if anyone is interested in Noise Hop.

Lastly I need to talk about the beats because not only do they fit the theme of the album name where is encapsulates living in the concrete jungle on a rainy day and the color was drained. Love the mix of elements of jazz and ambient to fit the thematic vibe of the album.

If there was a complaint for this album, it might be that some songs don't hit me that hard compared to the best of the album. But in the grand schemes for experimental hip hop in 2001, I would say this is the best. Thought I still do have Clouddead to listen to.

Grade:95
Rank wise for canon, in the top 10.

Also listening to The Impossible Kid and that is slapping so hard.

(2)
Tilly enjoy listening to GKMC again. I know you love that album a lot.

(3)
Best Ever Albums 2001 List
#16 Gold-Ryan Adams
#20 Take Off Your Pants and Jacket-Blink 182
#28 Room For Squares-John Mayer
#33 Comfort Eagle-Cake
#36 Asleep In The Back-Elbow
#39 Kylie Minogue-Fever (R)
#41 Clouddead-Self Titled
#43 The Invisible Band-Travis
#44 Your Favorite Weapon-Brand New
#46 All Is Dream-Mercury Rev

Again here is the 2001 custom list in real time.
https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=52774
Back to top
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Tilly




Location: Forest Park
United States

#1062 | Posted: 06/20/2019 10:09 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Luigii wrote:
(1)


For one, I just love the mans flow. There is something about it that not only smooth and confident but the way he raps words feels like quite complex but he owns it. Second thought I want to dig further there were bars that made me go damn. The lemmings line was so damn good and I would like to say the story on No Regrets was awesome. Hell I could say that with any song on here. Back on the flow but I could see how his flow was influential to Daveed Diggs from Clipping if anyone is interested in Noise Hop.

Lastly I need to talk about the beats because not only do they fit the theme of the album name where is encapsulates living in the concrete jungle on a rainy day and the color was drained. Love the mix of elements of jazz and ambient to fit the thematic vibe of the album.

If there was a complaint for this album, it might be that some songs don't hit me that hard compared to the best of the album. But in the grand schemes for experimental hip hop in 2001, I would say this is the best. Thought I still do have Clouddead to listen to.

Grade:95
Rank wise for canon, in the top 10.
]


Yeah. Just listened on my headphones. Such a beast of an album.
Back to top
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Tilly




Location: Forest Park
United States

#1063 | Posted: 06/20/2019 14:09 | Post subject: Reply with quote
2001 is also the year that Cannibal Ox's classic The Cold Vein was dropped. Shocked

I'm going to have to figure out which one I like better. They'll both probably be in my top ten for the year though.
Back to top
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Luigii



Gender: Male
Age: 24
United States

#1064 | Posted: 06/20/2019 17:14 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Tilly wrote:
2001 is also the year that Cannibal Ox's classic The Cold Vein was dropped. Shocked

I'm going to have to figure out which one I like better. They'll both probably be in my top ten for the year though.


That is quite understandable. But to me Labor Days is better.
Back to top
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Purplepash
ranker, rater, & music list maker


Gender: Male
Age: 50
Location: Western Australia
Australia

#1065 | Posted: 06/22/2019 11:55 | Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquemini by OutKast

Another really enjoyable album from Outkast. A chilled stoner southern hip hop album. Rosa Parks was my favourite song from this album but the quality was consistent throughout with some interesting music and beats, great flow, good lyrics, and great chemistry between Andre and Big Boi. Even though I rated Speakerboxxx/The Love Below higher, out of the four Outkast albums I've heard I think this is the one I'm more likely to come back to. 7.5/10 and 20/30 for 1998.

Luigii listen to All Is Dream. Every Mercury Rev album is great.


All Is Dream by Mercury Rev

StreetSpirit's all time greatest albums (5 picks left)

8. The Cars by The Cars
9. The Stranger by Billy Joel
12. Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World
18. 52nd Street by Billy Joel
20. Purple by Stone Temple Pilots
23. Third Eye Blind by Third Eye Blind
24. Reggatta de Blanc by The Police
28. The Hurting by Tears For Fears
31. Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath
33. Destroyer by Kiss
Back to top
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Luigii



Gender: Male
Age: 24
United States

#1066 | Posted: 06/22/2019 17:27 | Post subject: Reply with quote
(1)


There is a sound and aesthetic that does appeal to what I like in music. And I do find this quite a great project. Hell I could see this being an excellent in the future. I think the caveat with this album where I'm not giving all my praise would be maybe if there was a percussive presence within the record. Or maybe there was and my mood hasn't been the best as it could be. Otherwise I do find this great but not the biggest standout for 2001.

Grade wise I gave it an 85 but it's closer to an 80.

(2)
Pash listen to Black Sabbath.

(3)
Best Ever Albums 2001 List
#16 Gold-Ryan Adams
#20 Take Off Your Pants and Jacket-Blink 182
#28 Room For Squares-John Mayer
#33 Comfort Eagle-Cake
#36 Asleep In The Back-Elbow
#39 Kylie Minogue-Fever (R)
#41 Clouddead-Self Titled
#43 The Invisible Band-Travis
#44 Your Favorite Weapon-Brand New
#47 Girls Can Tell-Spoon

Again here is the 2001 custom list in real time.
https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=52774

Also once I get rid of the first half of this year, I will mention some plans I do have in the future for the canon list.
Back to top
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash



Age: 24
Location: Massachusetts
United States

#1067 | Posted: 06/22/2019 20:58 | Post subject: Reply with quote
1.


Fragile by Yes

Great album! The stellar, epic bookends account for half the record, and while the stuff in the middle isn't up to par, it's not shabby either. I can see how this was transitional between The Yes Album and Close To The Edge in terms of both style and quality. 4/5.

~~~~~

2. Luigii, try this. I tried it because of this game and loved it.


cLOUDDEAD by cLOUDDEAD

~~~~~

3. BEA / RYM Chart Mashup [pick 5 of 5]

100. [BEA] Back In Black - AC/DC
134. [RYM] The Bootleg Series Vol. 4: Live 1966 - The "Royal Albert Hall" Concert - Bob Dylan
140. [BEA] Hot Fuss - The Killers
169. [BEA] Tommy - The Who
172. [BEA] Black Holes And Revelations - Muse
175. [RYM] Thick As A Brick - Jethro Tull
179. [RYM] ├ćnima - Tool
185. [RYM] Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - Black Sabbath
189. [RYM] Blackwater Park - Opeth
192. [RYM] Made In Japan - Deep Purple
_________________
Add me on RYM
Back to top
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Tilly




Location: Forest Park
United States

#1068 | Posted: 06/23/2019 22:43 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Purplepash wrote:

Aquemini by OutKast

Another really enjoyable album from Outkast. A chilled stoner southern hip hop album. Rosa Parks was my favourite song from this album but the quality was consistent throughout with some interesting music and beats, great flow, good lyrics, and great chemistry between Andre and Big Boi. Even though I rated Speakerboxxx/The Love Below higher, out of the four Outkast albums I've heard I think this is the one I'm more likely to come back to. 7.5/10 and 20/30 for 1998.



I liked this a lot when it came out. checking it out now and kind of feel it hasn't aged all that well. Anyone else have any thoughts. Just feels a little dated perhaps. Although a lot of tracks are still quite excellent like the Da Art of Storytellin Part 2., Mamacita, Return of the G. Definitely a killer album.

Labor Days and Cold Vein still sound ahead of their time 15+ years later though.
Back to top
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash



Age: 24
Location: Massachusetts
United States

#1069 | Posted: 06/23/2019 23:02 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Tilly wrote:
Purplepash wrote:

Aquemini by OutKast

Another really enjoyable album from Outkast. A chilled stoner southern hip hop album. Rosa Parks was my favourite song from this album but the quality was consistent throughout with some interesting music and beats, great flow, good lyrics, and great chemistry between Andre and Big Boi. Even though I rated Speakerboxxx/The Love Below higher, out of the four Outkast albums I've heard I think this is the one I'm more likely to come back to. 7.5/10 and 20/30 for 1998.



I liked this a lot when it came out. checking it out now and kind of feel it hasn't aged all that well. Anyone else have any thoughts. Just feels a little dated perhaps. Although a lot of tracks are still quite excellent like the Da Art of Storytellin Part 2., Mamacita, Return of the G. Definitely a killer album.

Labor Days and Cold Vein still sound ahead of their time 15+ years later though.


Obviously I'd have to disagree, as this is from my overall. This album is timeless, not dated. The most dated thing about it is the cover art. Also, Think at your track picks. Mamacita is easily the worst track on the album, and should have been left on the cutting room floor. The other two, while great, aren't even close to highlights for me.
_________________
Add me on RYM
Back to top
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Luigii



Gender: Male
Age: 24
United States

#1070 | Posted: 06/23/2019 23:08 | Post subject: Reply with quote
I can somewhat understand Da Art of Story Telling Pt 2 being not one or the best tracks off the album. But The Return Of The G is one of there best tracks Outkast ever made and still a big highlight.
Back to top
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 118, 119, 120  Next
Page 107 of 120
   Forum Index -> Best Ever Albums -> Games


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts [ Poll ] Poll for the next canon list Luigii Music 7 07/12/2019 16:05 View latest post
Luigii
No new posts Human Canon Ball baystateoftheart Music Diaries 69 09/03/2017 19:19 View latest post
baystateoftheart
No new posts Human Canon Ball Relaunched: A Trip T... baystateoftheart Music Diaries 261 07/07/2019 19:55 View latest post
baystateoftheart
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Best Ever Movies (3rd Edition) PanduArya Games 1 12/16/2015 18:38 View latest post
ZedsDead
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [ Poll ] &Deluxe Edition or Standart ? WrathchildIX Music 10 02/13/2013 06:46 View latest post
RFNAPLES

 
 

Powered by phpBB©



Copyright © 2005-2019 BestEverAlbums.com. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Us  |   Advertising  |   RSS Feeds  |   Site Map