You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 02/24/2013 17:09
  • Post subject: You must listen to the album below you.
Not for the fainthearted.

You must, at some point, listen to the album posted directly underneath yours. In order to post an album below someone you are required to write a review of the album that was previously posted below you, including who suggested it, then your own suggested album for the person above you. If you've heard it already, feel obliged to give it another spin. No cheating or you're a bad person that sucks.

If you're new, then you get one free album post without writing a review (as you haven't been given an album yet).

Hopefully this will introduce people to new albums that they might not otherwise have heard, and takes away that hard choice of choosing what to listen to next.

Looks like I'm first.

• Posted: 02/24/2013 17:37
  • Post subject:
I prefer a safe recommendation for now so:

Coming Out Of The Fog by Arbouretum
nutso42

• Posted: 02/24/2013 20:40
  • Post subject:
tekin wrote:
I prefer a safe recommendation for now so:

Coming Out Of The Fog by Arbouretum

Overall, I think this band has serious potential, though the singer seems a bit ill-suited for the sound.

Also, far too many songs were laid-back and repetitive. It took some patience to get through.

However, as I said, they seem to have potential (also, they kinda remind me of Belle & Sebastian. Anyone else?)

My turn!

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=19830
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 02/24/2013 21:52
  • Post subject:
Ah, not quite what I meant! You didn't have to listen to that album, it was for me to review later and then suggest an album for the person above me, so tekin will now listen to your album. But kudos anyway Smile
nutso42

• Posted: 02/24/2013 21:55
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:
Ah, not quite what I meant! You didn't have to listen to that album, it was for me to review later and then suggest an album for the person above me, so tekin will now listen to your album. But kudos anyway Smile

Right! Missed that part.
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 02/24/2013 21:56
  • Post subject:
Exactly, it's the album BELOW you that you will have to review. So here's your real album to review.

Animal Collective-Campfire Songs
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 02/24/2013 22:08
  • Post subject:
I like this idea. Alright someone's gonna be listening to

Amon Tobin - Supermodified
Yourselfisntsteam

• Posted: 02/24/2013 22:16
  • Post subject:
And I shall condemn someone to listen to this lovely record:

Gorguts- Obscura
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 02/24/2013 22:36
  • Post subject:
Here is my "While Listening" review of Amon Tobin-Supermodified
Great start, kind of like a Jazz nightmare. Do I hear some flute in there? MORE JAZZ. Hehe voice clips. Okay this is starting to get a little old. Hey look some more electronics.

Woah Portishead called, they want their trip hop back. Now I sense some Arabic influences. Holy shit those Cymbals. SMANG THOSE CYMBALS.

Wooooah creepy, pretty heavy mood shift here. Pretty slow untill those drums and sax come in. Ok now its picking up, these drums make every song 100x better.

Holy shit, its like a Hans Zimmer score that got really smashed at a seedy bar. I have no clue what half of these sounds are, but I like it.

WubWubWub lots of bass in this one. More noises! This seems impossible to replicate live.

Guitar? blasphemy! Smoooth though Woah those drums really picked up, I dig it.

Woah this one scares the shit out of me, its like sitting in a damp creepy cave. What are those weird noises? voices? Also this is repetitive.

Some glass clinking in this one, I dig it. Smooth as butter. These sound effects are interesting. Some cool pitch shifters here

This one is much more grounded than the others, it's okay, just falls short in comparison

The Drums are back, with vengeance! Sick beats

Here comes the sax, I like the salsa overtone on this one

Kind of a low note to end it on, not really a big bang or anything.
Anyways I really liked that! now nutso42 has to review campfire songs!
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 02/24/2013 22:46
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
Here is my "While Listening" review of Amon Tobin-Supermodified
Great start, kind of like a Jazz nightmare. Do I hear some flute in there? MORE JAZZ. Hehe voice clips. Okay this is starting to get a little old. Hey look some more electronics.

Woah Portishead called, they want their trip hop back. Now I sense some Arabic influences. Holy shit those Cymbals. SMANG THOSE CYMBALS.

Wooooah creepy, pretty heavy mood shift here. Pretty slow untill those drums and sax come in. Ok now its picking up, these drums make every song 100x better.

Holy shit, its like a Hans Zimmer score that got really smashed at a seedy bar. I have no clue what half of these sounds are, but I like it.

WubWubWub lots of bass in this one. More noises! This seems impossible to replicate live.

Guitar? blasphemy! Smoooth though Woah those drums really picked up, I dig it.

Woah this one scares the shit out of me, its like sitting in a damp creepy cave. What are those weird noises? voices? Also this is repetitive.

Some glass clinking in this one, I dig it. Smooth as butter. These sound effects are interesting. Some cool pitch shifters here

This one is much more grounded than the others, it's okay, just falls short in comparison

The Drums are back, with vengeance! Sick beats

Here comes the sax, I like the salsa overtone on this one

Kind of a low note to end it on, not really a big bang or anything.
Anyways I really liked that! now nutso42 has to review campfire songs!

LOL. That may be the most perfect description I have ever heard of that album. I especially love "a Hans Zimmer score that got really smashed at a seedy bar".

Well I'm about halfway through obscure. I've listened to almost no death metal in my life, so this should be an interesting review