2019 albums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
rkm

• Posted: 01/13/2019 08:20
  • Post subject:
Rufus Wainwright is currently in the studio, working on a new album with Mitchell Froom. Another one to look forward to.
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 01/15/2019 12:13
  • Post subject:
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:

Apologies, this was not a 2019 release, but a 2011 one that was just reissued.

But here's an interesting one from Andrew Smiley (guitar), Jason Nazary (drums), Sam Weinberg (tenor & alto saxes), and 2019. A bit of your underground noisy free form freakout / blowing session. Fan of Smiley's "simple" attack and you might remember me proselytizing about his undersung Dispersal from a couple years ago.

Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 01/15/2019 14:19
  • Post subject:

Why Hasn’t Everything Already Disappe...Deerhunter

Classic, vintage Deerhunter. After detours into garage and pop (both successfully I might add especially Fading Frontier), Deerhunter go back to their classic sound, and it's amazing.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/17/2019 01:50
  • Post subject:
Two weeks into 2019, and there's def no Merriweather Post Pavilion or Blackstar, but these are all worth a spin:

Henger i Luften by Jo David Meyer Lysne

(Avant-garde ambient jazz?)

Tatizo Pesa by Jay Mitta

(Insanity patterns)

Dubbing In The Front Yard & Conflic...ggrovators

A comp of two unreleased dub records by The Aggrovators (think one's produced by Bunny Lee, the other Prince Jammy, or something like that). Honestly, fantastic stuff. Just as good as you would expect.

And shout out to Craola's Fontus release. Would def recommend everyone gives it a spin, the last two tracks in particular.
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 01/17/2019 13:38
  • Post subject:
My wife, under the Agarita Jamboree moniker, just released an album, Escuchar. You can stream it a few times for free here. It's sound collage with her instrumentals and some field recordings all in loops.

Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 01/17/2019 14:55
  • Post subject:
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
My wife, under the Agarita Jamboree moniker, just released an album, Escuchar. You can stream it a few times for free here. It's sound collage with her instrumentals and some field recordings all in loops.

Ooooh listened to the first two tracks during a free period at work and I really like where this is going. Issa vibe. Deffo gonna give the whole thing a spin this evening. Better than most of that wanky convoluted jazz crap you listen to. Wink
carpents

United States

• Posted: 01/17/2019 15:28
  • Post subject:
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:

Awwwww.......
Kool Keith Sweat's Sweetie wrote:
Special thanks to Kool Keith Sweat (my true love and #1 fan)

Listened. It's cool. I liked it best when she incorporated her guitar. 'Tears on my pillow pie' was excellent and easily my favorite.
  • Visit poster's website
Villain

Canada

• Posted: 01/17/2019 15:34
  • Post subject:
Mine will probably be the new Rival Sons album Feral Roots that comes out next week. After that I'm not sure. The only other release I can admit I'm interested in is the new Raconteurs album and there is no word on when that will be out.

http://www.scumnvillainy.com/
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 01/17/2019 16:52
  • Post subject:
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:

Having now heard the whole thing twice, can confirm this is bloody lovely. Best thing I've listened to this year, in fact (though I'd only been really into four albums prior to now, of around a dozen to fifteen I've heard), and I'm not just saying that to be nice. Warm, spindly, good-humoured, with some lovely textures and healthy scattering of cheeky melodies. Weirdly, 'Tears on my pillow pie' was probably my least favourite track - perhaps slightly sparser and tinnier than I wanted it to be - but it was still thoroughly enjoyable. Certain tracks reminded me of the fun years at their cheeriest, or early Scritti Politti at their most inscrutable. But it's super accessible, despite myriad jumpy left turns. Very impressed, and will be on the lookout for future releases. Let me know if there are any plans for physical releases, either now or in the future.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/17/2019 18:27
  • Post subject:
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:

Putting it in the queue Smile

I'm about halfway through the new James Blake right now, and I'm really not sure if I'm feeling it... it's a little different than his previous material, but the instrumentals are kinda bland.

EDIT: Well, at least it has a new 3k verse.
  • Visit poster's website