2019 live shows

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
DanielNunes93

Portugal

• Posted: 02/15/2019 11:09
  • Post subject: 2019 live shows
So what live shows you going to see this year?

So far between solo concerts and festivals, I have tickets to see:

- Bon Iver
- The Chemical Brothers
- The Cure
- Cut Copy
- Gojira
- Hot Chip
- Idles
- Lamb of God
- Moonspell
- Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever
- Robyn
- The Smashing Pumpkins
- Slayer (Last show in Portugal Sad )
- Slipknot
- Vampire Weekend
- Sharon Van Etten
- Thom Yorke
- Trivium
- Weezer
- While She Sleeps
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 02/15/2019 14:01
  • Post subject:
So, erm, this is awkward, but I bought myself and my girlfriend tickets to see Ryan Adams in April. Which, y'know, we obviously will not be using.
carpents

United States

• Posted: 02/15/2019 14:55
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
So, erm, this is awkward, but I bought myself and my girlfriend tickets to see Ryan Adams in April. Which, y'know, we obviously will not be using.

I just looked up why. Gotta be honest here, the primary accusations show him to just be a controlling a-hole. (Not counting the underage accusation.) Most people who attain his level of success are the same way. I guarantee you the people who are as successful who are NOT like him is a very short list.

I guess that's why I refuse to go to a show which costs more than $15 to get in. Get to hear some really genuine people instead of just over-inflating some celeb's ego.
  • Visit poster's website
Decurso

Canada

• Posted: 02/15/2019 19:56
  • Post subject:
So far now plans to see any big shows. Paul McCartney is in town next month, but tickets for that are almost as much as my rent. Been to three smaller shows this year already and I will probably going to out a lot of those those this year. Saw Krisiun for 20 bucks in January...that was a deal.

Live Albums

Death Metal
  • Visit poster's website
Graeme2

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/15/2019 20:13
  • Post subject:
It's all about the rapping. Saw homeboy sandman/edan the other week. Then shows coming up from Rodney p/black twang/Ty, gza liquid swords, krs one. Some good jazz shows coming up I fancy.
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 02/15/2019 23:37
  • Post subject:
carpents wrote:
I just looked up why. Gotta be honest here, the primary accusations show him to just be a controlling a-hole. (Not counting the underage accusation.) Most people who attain his level of success are the same way. I guarantee you the people who are as successful who are NOT like him is a very short list.

I guess that's why I refuse to go to a show which costs more than $15 to get in. Get to hear some really genuine people instead of just over-inflating some celeb's ego.

"Not counting the underage accusation"

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

To your point, many people high up may be similarly terrible, but that means they need to be held accountable, not that he doesn't need to be. And if we just say they all suck it blurs the distinction between bad behavior and terrible behavior, which is an important one.

That's an interesting philosophy. I don't go to any expensive concerts either, but mainly because I don't have much extra money. Laughing
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMaster

United States

• Posted: 02/16/2019 01:02
  • Post subject:
Haven't been to a concert in over a year.

Tough spot for me.

None of my peers are really into music, especially not the music I enjoy. I used to go to tons of concerts with my teens/young adult children. Between the three of them, at least one liked just about everything I liked, and they also turned me on to new music and were happy for me to go out with them.

Now, they're all working or in college out of state. Nobody left for me to go do concerts with.
  • Visit poster's website
DanielNunes93

Portugal

• Posted: 02/16/2019 01:23
  • Post subject:
Fischman wrote:
Haven't been to a concert in over a year.

Tough spot for me.

None of my peers are really into music, especially not the music I enjoy. I used to go to tons of concerts with my teens/young adult children. Between the three of them, at least one liked just about everything I liked, and they also turned me on to new music and were happy for me to go out with them.

Now, they're all working or in college out of state. Nobody left for me to go do concerts with.

Luckily I have a girlfriend who follow me to any concert
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 02/16/2019 01:35
  • Post subject:
Seen Atomic and a bill with Built To Spill, Yo La Tengo, Flaming Lips, and Bob Mould so far...

-No Idea Festival (Jaap Blonk, Toshimaru Nakamura, Werner Dafeldecker, Damon Smith, Wendy Eisenberg, Tom Carter, et al.)
-Hemingway/Blaser
-James Brandon Lewis Trio + Baczkowski/Nace/Corsano
-Sarah Hennies + Cline/McPhee/Rainey
-a couple other improvised shows where I don't think I know anyone
-Fire!
-Brötzmann/Leigh
-Big Ears Festival (Art Ensemble of Chicago, Artifacts Trio, Bley/Sheppard/Swallow, Columbia Icefield, Evan Parker Trance Map+, Harold Budd, Jlin, KTL, Rachel Grimes, Schlippenbach Trio, Dorji/Damon, This Heat, Iyer/Taborn, YoshimiO/Ibarra/Lowe, et al.)
-probably Acid Mother's Temple
-maybe Bongripper
-more to come
theblueboy

• Posted: 02/16/2019 09:22
  • Post subject:
baystateoftheart wrote:
carpents wrote:

"Not counting the underage accusation"

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

To your point, many people high up may be similarly terrible, but that means they need to be held accountable, not that he doesn't need to be. And if we just say they all suck it blurs the distinction between bad behavior and terrible behavior, which is an important one.

That's an interesting philosophy. I don't go to any expensive concerts either, but mainly because I don't have much extra money. Laughing

I hear ya, but I want to make a few distinctions...

It's horrible when someone treats you terribly, and it may feel worse when they are rich and famous because their power is intimidating. But i don't think the answer is a trial by media. Particularly for things like being a terrible boyfriend, mentor or date (as in Asiz Ansari's case). These behaviours need to be confronted personally not through the media. Trial by media is unfair and can cause massive distress and suffering.

Yes, the rich and powerful should be accountable for crimes and workplace misconduct (and clearly the main allegation against Adams is a crime) But the culture of shaming bad behaviour belongs in gossip magazines not the news. And those magazines belong in the bin if you ask me.

Just my thoughts and it's another one of those hot topics I guess. But I've got a mixture of feelings of sadness about the crime Adams is accused of and sympathy because I don't think the other allegations belong in the media.